Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Those who have access to the beta, there is now 13.2 Release Candidate of the Tool, which has a lot of fixes and performance improvements. If you don't know, where to get the "betas", PM me and I will send you the link.

Cheers.

Hi, first of all, love the tool, very useful, but I'm having issues whenever I reset the tool. Anytime I change the UDP broadcast mode, my notebook refuses to open the tool again in any maner possible, it's kinda frustrating trying to broadcast from my PS4 in every way possible without reseting the tool. How do I fix this? I thank you in advance for looking into the issue and sorry to bother you with what is probably a very dumb problem.

Cheers.

(Edit) So I tried a couple more times, deleted and reinstalled a couple of times but managed to change other UDP settings without touching broadcast mode, it seems that it is the source of the issue, managed to solve it (I think) by working around but may be a bug that may be worth looking into. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this!!

Last edited:
Hi, first of all, love the tool, very useful, but I'm having issues whenever I reset the tool. Anytime I change the UDP broadcast mode, my notebook refuses to open the tool again in any maner possible, it's kinda frustrating trying to broadcast from my PS4 in every way possible without reseting the tool. How do I fix this? I thank you in advance for looking into the issue and sorry to bother you with what is probably a very dumb problem.

Cheers.

(Edit) So I tried a couple more times, deleted and reinstalled a couple of times but managed to change other UDP settings without touching broadcast mode, it seems that it is the source of the issue, managed to solve it (I think) by working around but may be a bug that may be worth looking into. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this!!
Are you using the Tool with F1 23 or also with e.g. ACC?

In F1 23, if you only use my Tool, you don't need to enable the UDP broadcast mode (in the Tool or in the game). The UDP broadcast mode has been flaky in the F1 games and I would not recommend using it.

The simple install for F1 23 (which should serve 99.99% of the people), is like this
1) Unzip the Tool to the location on your system.
2) Start F1 23 and just enable the UDP Telemetry. (Do not enable the broadcast mode in F1 23).
3) Start the Telemetry Tool in F1 23 mode (i.e. run runWin.bat and select F1 23).
With this the data should come in. No need to edit anything in the Tool. The defaults should work for 99.99% cases.

Cheers.

Are you using the Tool with F1 23 or also with e.g. ACC?

In F1 23, if you only use my Tool, you don't need to enable the UDP broadcast mode (in the Tool or in the game). The UDP broadcast mode has been flaky in the F1 games and I would not recommend using it.

The simple install for F1 23 (which should serve 99.99% of the people), is like this
1) Unzip the Tool to the location on your system.
2) Start F1 23 and just enable the UDP Telemetry. (Do not enable the broadcast mode in F1 23).
3) Start the Telemetry Tool in F1 23 mode (i.e. run runWin.bat and select F1 23).
With this the data should come in. No need to edit anything in the Tool. The defaults should work for 99.99% cases.

Cheers.
Hi, thanks for the response, I am using it with only F1 23, worked like a charm your response.

Take care and I will see to donate as soon as I get paid.

how do I run this on a MacBook?
Here is the rough overview.

1) Download the Tool from the link here.

2) Then download the right Java-FX (in .zip or tar.gz format) for your system from

3) Now unzip the Telemetry Tool into your system. For testing, you can unzip it into the Downloads folder. (For real use, you might put it to Applications). In the Telemetry Tool's install directory, in the 'bin' directory, create new directory 'mac'.

4) Now open the downloaded Java-FX (.zip or tar.gz) and inside the compressed file go to the 'zulu21.30...' -> 'zulu-21.jre' -> 'Contents' -> 'Home' and then unzip the directories and files from that directory to the 'mac' directory you created above.

5) If done properly, you could now start the tool with the runMac.sh file, i.e. open Terminal and change to the directory, where you installed the Telemetry Tool and type
bash runMac.sh

6) Now you should have a working installation of the Telemetry Tool. If you are running F1 games, you just need to change in the game the Telemetry UDP IP address to be your MacBooks IP address (inside home network). If you use ACC/AMS2 let me know and I will add more info for them.

You could skip 2 and 4, if you are on Intel mac by unzipping the mac.zip in the 'bin' directory.

Cheers.

Here is the rough overview.

1) Download the Tool from the link here.

2) Then download the right Java-FX (in .zip or tar.gz format) for your system from

3) Now unzip the Telemetry Tool into your system. For testing, you can unzip it into the Downloads folder. (For real use, you might put it to Applications). In the Telemetry Tool's install directory, in the 'bin' directory, create new directory 'mac'.

4) Now open the downloaded Java-FX (.zip or tar.gz) and inside the compressed file go to the 'zulu21.30...' -> 'zulu-21.jre' -> 'Contents' -> 'Home' and then unzip the directories and files from that directory to the 'mac' directory you created above.

5) If done properly, you could now start the tool with the runMac.sh file, i.e. open Terminal and change to the directory, where you installed the Telemetry Tool and type
bash runMac.sh

6) Now you should have a working installation of the Telemetry Tool. If you are running F1 games, you just need to change in the game the Telemetry UDP IP address to be your MacBooks IP address (inside home network). If you use ACC/AMS2 let me know and I will add more info for them.

You could skip 2 and 4, if you are on Intel mac by unzipping the mac.zip in the 'bin' directory.

Cheers.

Yes, thank you info I think I missed the terminal opening part in Readme files. But I ended up figuring it out. Is there a way to make the telemetry icon inside to work instead of running it from terminal?
I type in the terminal
source runMac.sh

Also I'm using AMS2 and AC. I will tinker and read more from Readme file I know you posted directions there. Thank you love the app. Happy New Year!!

Yes, thank you info I think I missed the terminal opening part in Readme files. But I ended up figuring it out. Is there a way to make the telemetry icon inside to work instead of running it from terminal?
I type in the terminal
source runMac.sh

Also I'm using AMS2 and AC. I will tinker and read more from Readme file I know you posted directions there. Thank you love the app. Happy New Year!!
With the release of 13.2, there will be better install help on TelemetryTool.com.

For getting data from non-F1 game, you might want to consider using the following "solution". On the game computer, you run one copy of the Telemetry Tool, which receives the data from the game. That copy then forwards using the UDP redirect the data to your macbook. That might be the simplest way. The redirect you setup at the Settings --> Network Settings dialog.

To make the Tool on the tool on the gaming computer take minimal resources, 1) disable opponent lap saving, 2) turn of automatic multilap addition, 3) set the delta accuracy to the lowest and 4) set the CPU usage to minimum. 1), 3) and 4) can be done in the Settings dialog, the multilap addition you disable in the multilap telemetry tab.

Cheers.

Hi,

First I'd like to say thank you for creating and maintaining this great tool.

I use it for F1 23 and I have an issue where some views from the dropdown menu wont open and can make application unresponsive when selected. I have found that this wont happen if window size is relatively small. However, if I make window larger or maximize, then application stops responding. Relaunching with last view in settings file will yield white, unresponsive window and I have to delete settings file so it all resets. The views that I have most problems are Map, Multilap telemetry, statistics table graph, workspace.

I hope there is a solution to this issue, as I cant use it in such small window size.

Thanks

Hi,

First I'd like to say thank you for creating and maintaining this great tool.

I use it for F1 23 and I have an issue where some views from the dropdown menu wont open and can make application unresponsive when selected. I have found that this wont happen if window size is relatively small. However, if I make window larger or maximize, then application stops responding. Relaunching with last view in settings file will yield white, unresponsive window and I have to delete settings file so it all resets. The views that I have most problems are Map, Multilap telemetry, statistics table graph, workspace.

I hope there is a solution to this issue, as I cant use it in such small window size.

Thanks
Interesting. Thank you for the note.

What happens, is that you are hitting the maximum texture buffer size of your GPU.

After testing I can confirm, it is affecting the following tabs
- Map
- Telemetry
- RaceInfo, is the 'Center area' is showing the map.
In my system (with GTX 2080 Ti the limit is for about 3k x 2k size).

A way to avoid this is to not open or select Map/Telemetry tabs, when you use the Tool, i.e. remove them from the rotation and in RaceInfo, use something else in the 'Center Area' than the map. This should keep the Tool responsive as a short term solution.

Partially this is bit "sloppy" from my side, as I the way I did the map was never to think that someone might have a screen size of 4k x 2k or even bigger. I have some ideas, how to make this fixed, and I have tested some preliminary stuff .

Telemetry might be easier to fix, Map + the RaceInfo with Map might require bit more thinking to avoid the situation in the future. I still expect to get a fix for 13.2.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thank you for the note.

What happens, is that you are hitting the maximum texture buffer size of your GPU.

After testing I can confirm, it is affecting the following tabs
- Map
- Telemetry
- RaceInfo, is the 'Center area' is showing the map.
In my system (with GTX 2080 Ti the limit is for about 3k x 2k size).

A way to avoid this is to not open or select Map/Telemetry tabs, when you use the Tool, i.e. remove them from the rotation and in RaceInfo, use something else in the 'Center Area' than the map. This should keep the Tool responsive as a short term solution.

Partially this is bit "sloppy" from my side, as I the way I did the map was never to think that someone might have a screen size of 4k x 2k or even bigger. I have some ideas, how to make this fixed, and I have tested some preliminary stuff .

Telemetry might be easier to fix, Map + the RaceInfo with Map might require bit more thinking to avoid the situation in the future. I still expect to get a fix for 13.2.

Cheers.

Hi Iko,

Thank you for looking into it for me and getting back with the findings.

As I'd like to use those tabs, I thought I'd play around a bit with my display configuration variables and I think I found a workaround for my specific setup or perhaps another angle to approach this problem at and wanted to run it by you.

I have three monitors. Monitor 1 is 2560x1080 - 100% scaling, monitor 2 is 1920x1080 - 100% scaling and monitor 3 is 3840x2160 - 300% scaling. What I found is that I can make the tool work perfectly if I set third monitor scaling to 100% as well. Not sure if this scaling issue hits the same framebuffer limitations or is a symptom of something else. I only run the telemetry tool on monitor 1, but monitor 3 scaling affects the tool on monitor 1 either way.

I will also attach my dxdiag for you in case that would be of any help. If there is anything else I can be helpful with then let me know. Again, thank you for all your work.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    116.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hi Iko,

Thank you for looking into it for me and getting back with the findings.

As I'd like to use those tabs, I thought I'd play around a bit with my display configuration variables and I think I found a workaround for my specific setup or perhaps another angle to approach this problem at and wanted to run it by you.

I have three monitors. Monitor 1 is 2560x1080 - 100% scaling, monitor 2 is 1920x1080 - 100% scaling and monitor 3 is 3840x2160 - 300% scaling. What I found is that I can make the tool work perfectly if I set third monitor scaling to 100% as well. Not sure if this scaling issue hits the same framebuffer limitations or is a symptom of something else. I only run the telemetry tool on monitor 1, but monitor 3 scaling affects the tool on monitor 1 either way.

I will also attach my dxdiag for you in case that would be of any help. If there is anything else I can be helpful with then let me know. Again, thank you for all your work.
Thank you for the info.

I also found that when I changed the resolution to max and set scaling to 100%, then I could reproduce the "bug" and like you noticed, when I set the scaling to higher values, it does not happen. So it might be dependent on the GPU. We have a very old GTX 6xx something running Linux/Win10 so I might hook that too up to see, if I can hit the limits there.

I did bit testing on my main system, and I was able to make the preliminary version of the tool work, when it is sized 6.6kx2.1k with my two monitors. I might hook up one more monitor for extra testing. I still need to do quite a lot of cleaning + making sure the old stuff works.

f there is someone with larger screen or system, where they can get higher than 6.6k x 2.2k, let me know and I will send you a test version later this week

Cheers.

One more thing I found and I dont know if it has been reported before. Singapore Marina Bay GP circuit has old layout with now removed T16-T19 complex still there. This affects map and telemetry and invalidates lap times.

Last edited:
Hello, friends. Quick question:
Me and a couple of friends are trying to use it together but we seem to be doing something wrong. We live in separate locations and if we set the IP Addresses the tool shows us, we can't seem to get any data. Any tips on what we might be doing wrong?

Hello, friends. Quick question:
Me and a couple of friends are trying to use it together but we seem to be doing something wrong. We live in separate locations and if we set the IP Addresses the tool shows us, we can't seem to get any data. Any tips on what we might be doing wrong?

If used in WAN, make sure that port is open.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games)

Version 13.2 is here.

Notable changes.
  • ACC GT2 DLC updates + many ACC related fixes/tweaks
  • AMS2 new tracks/cars data + plenty of AMS2 related additions/tweaks/fixes
  • F1 23, fixes to some trackmaps + new Singapore trackmap
  • Added preliminary EA WRC support
  • Added OMI profile to AMS2/PC2+ also for AC, R3E and rF2
  • Added alerts to show an alert on UI, if some value, e.g. tyre pressure lower/higher than set "alert level".
  • Fuel use estimate improvements
  • UDP/TCP...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 12 54.5%