Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Iko,
Many thanks for the updates, I've just started using 13.2 and the clock colour doesn't save. Eg change to white and on next start it is back to green although colour in saved settings remains white??
Hi,

Will be (or has actually been) fixed in the next version, i.e. 13.3. Aim is to release it after the Nords for ACC is out.

Cheers.

Hey I've a quick question about the 'suspension difference' traces: is the value based on absolute difference or is it normalised? (e.g. would a 10 degree angle between front right and rear right show up the same whether the absolute difference was 1 inch or 10?)

Thanks

Hey I've a quick question about the 'suspension difference' traces: is the value based on absolute difference or is it normalised? (e.g. would a 10 degree angle between front right and rear right show up the same whether the absolute difference was 1 inch or 10?)

Thanks
The diff is just actual absolute difference.

So the diff front and diff rear use the 'suspension travel LEFT - suspension travel RIGHT' as value. I would need to know the distance between tires (for all games for all cars) to calculate the angle. Would be great, but it is not feasible/doable.

Cheers

Those with access to beta, there is new beta in the beta downloads.

This has the Nords trackmap for ACC and many other little fixes. I wanted to get this out for the weekend, but I am travelling and cannot do sufficient testing to allow me to make new release. I expect to make the next release around mid April.

If you don't know how to access the beta, send me a PM and I will send you the link.

Cheers.

Hey Iko,

is there any way for the tool to read setup data (e.g. ride height and spring stiffness)? I figured that I could determine the weight (and aero) balance based on the current suspension heights relative to the starting height. Either that or do you know of another method to determine the weight on each tyre?

Thanks

Hey Iko,

is there any way for the tool to read setup data (e.g. ride height and spring stiffness)? I figured that I could determine the weight (and aero) balance based on the current suspension heights relative to the starting height. Either that or do you know of another method to determine the weight on each tyre?

Thanks

For F1 games the setup data is there. Just press key 'S' in the Telemetry tab and you can see the Setup data for the BLUE and RED lap on the right hand side.

Cheers.

Also, is there any way to see the exact value of a trace at a given point?
Yep, just press mouse primary button on the Telemetry or Workspace tab and it will open the "cursor-data", which shows the exact value at that point for the BLUE and RED lap. And in MULTILAP TELEMETRY it works the same way, but it shows data from all loaded laps.

Cheers.

Yep, just press mouse primary button on the Telemetry or Workspace tab and it will open the "cursor-data", which shows the exact value at that point for the BLUE and RED lap. And in MULTILAP TELEMETRY it works the same way, but it shows data from all loaded laps.

Cheers.
I'm not seeing any values corresponding to the traces that I am using the Telemetry tab and the Workspace tab's values are not reading correctly:
1712837367381.png

1712837382211.png

Also when using Live Data in the Workspace tab, the traces don't update automatically like they do in Telemetry.

This is all with PC2

Thanks

I'm not seeing any values corresponding to the traces that I am using the Telemetry tab and the Workspace tab's values are not reading correctly:
View attachment 745771
View attachment 745772

Also when using Live Data in the Workspace tab, the traces don't update automatically like they do in Telemetry.

This is all with PC2

Thanks
On Telemetry the values are pre-defined (speed, throttle, brake, gear, steer, s1, s2, s3, distance, timediff), so the suspension position values do not show for the cursor in Telemetry.

In workspace, the cursor data is the for the traces visible. For the workspace, the values are in Meters (m), so the value 0.0 is actually something like less than 0.05m. I could add there an option to show the values in mm, which would make the values at least somehow usable. If you enable the 'min/max' for the trace, you will see the min/max values.

Cheers

On Telemetry the values are pre-defined (speed, throttle, brake, gear, steer, s1, s2, s3, distance, timediff), so the suspension position values do not show for the cursor in Telemetry.

In workspace, the cursor data is the for the traces visible. For the workspace, the values are in Meters (m), so the value 0.0 is actually something like less than 0.05m. I could add there an option to show the values in mm, which would make the values at least somehow usable. If you enable the 'min/max' for the trace, you will see the min/max values.

Cheers
Millimeters is already the most precise that you can get with the in-game telemetry so would you be able to do something like 1/100mm?

Thanks

Millimeters is already the most precise that you can get with the in-game telemetry so would you be able to do something like 1/100mm?

Thanks
Hi,

I have now changed in 13.3 in Workspace it so that for suspension positions (normal position, diff (left & right, front & rear)) the cursor data shows the value in mm with 2 digits precision. This means the value would be like 2.06 (in mm), which would now show 0.0 in 13.2 or older versions.

cheers.

Hi,

I have now changed in 13.3 in Workspace it so that for suspension positions (normal position, diff (left & right, front & rear)) the cursor data shows the value in mm with 2 digits precision. This means the value would be like 2.06 (in mm), which would now show 0.0 in 13.2 or older versions.

cheers.
Nice. Is that available to download?

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games)

Version 13.3 is here.

Notable changes.

• ACC Nordschleife trackmap + related additions
  • AMS2 new tracks/cars data
  • http-server: Added new /JSON/sessiondata
  • Histogram fixes/tweaks and added multidata histogram
  • A lot of tweaks/fixes and optimizations
For list of the changes, check the ReadMe.txt.

Updating from older versions: Just unzip .zip on top of your old installation.

Clean/New install. Unzip the files to anywhere in your system (e.g. under...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Iko,

I'm testing the latest version now. This is what suspension position looks like in Telemetry:
1713205452988.png

and in Workspace:
1713205663003.png

1713205695763.png

Here is a screenshot from ingame and the corresponding tool data:
Project CARS 2_20240415193227.jpg

1713206158078.png

Here we see what appears to be accurate values for the front suspension but not the rear

I decided to test this again and encountered strange results:
Project CARS 2_20240415200826.jpg

1713208287837.png

and a third time because the second screenshots are from a bend a may not match exactly:
Project CARS 2_20240415201240.jpg

1713208482295.png

You said before that some cars show zero suspension height when the raw data is actually more than zero, so that might be what's happening. If that is the case, do you know how I am to know which values are accurate in determining the pitch of the car? The game would have you believe that the nose is down but the tool that the nose were up.

Additionally, the traces are now very small and difficult to read if you could make them a bit bigger please.

Thanks

Hey Iko,

I'm testing the latest version now. This is what suspension position looks like in Telemetry:
View attachment 746764
and in Workspace:
View attachment 746765
View attachment 746766

Here is a screenshot from ingame and the corresponding tool data:
View attachment 746767
View attachment 746768
Here we see what appears to be accurate values for the front suspension but not the rear

I decided to test this again and encountered strange results:
View attachment 746777
View attachment 746778

and a third time because the second screenshots are from a bend a may not match exactly:
View attachment 746779
View attachment 746780

You said before that some cars show zero suspension height when the raw data is actually more than zero, so that might be what's happening. If that is the case, do you know how I am to know which values are accurate in determining the pitch of the car? The game would have you believe that the nose is down but the tool that the nose were up.

Additionally, the traces are now very small and difficult to read if you could make them a bit bigger please.

Thanks
I misread the third telemetry. Both are showing downward pitch.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games)

Small update 13.4 is here.

Main fix
  • AMS2: Fixed issue, where in some cases the Tool would not start in AMS2 mode.
For list of the changes, check the ReadMe.txt.

If you don't play AMS2, you don't have to update.

Updating from older versions: Just unzip .zip on top of your old installation.

Clean/New install. Unzip the files to anywhere in your system (e.g. under 'Program Files\Telemetry Tool' or to somewhere else). On the first run the Tool will ask...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Forum trophies