Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) - Telemetry tool for real-time and offline Telemetry analysis + race/pitstop tactic/strategy

Version 13 is here.

Alongside added F1 23 support, the Tool supports F1 2012 to F1 23, AC, ACC, AMS2, PC2, RFactor 2, R3E, KartKraft, Grid 2 and DiRT Rally 2.

Notable changes:

• F1 23 support added + updated trackmaps
  • New session statistics data screen + option to open detailed per driver data. Provides plenty of data
  • New file formats for lapdata, opponent data & race history. Old files will still work.
  • AC/rF2/R3E, fixed DELTA to work with longer races. It was...

Read more about this resource...

Hello,

A "hidden" feature in the Tool s the "Race Start" window, i.e. in 'New Window -> Start Practice Window'. To use it, first enable the 'Save race start file' on 'Settings -> General Settings' to save your race starts. The open the race start practice window. This is available only for F1 2021, F1 22 and F1 23 though.

Now when you do race starts, you will see e.g. your reaction time and the "best start" as blue line, i.e. the start which took you furthest during the first 10 seconds. The data-points visible are: Throttle, Clutch, Gear, Revs, Rear Wheel (RL & RR), Distance and speed. the graph is time based and the lines each represent seconds and go up to 10 seconds.

You could do start practices by always restarting the session and driving the first 10-15 seconds and comparing to your "best start".

This is pretty handy with new game to get also the starts perfected.

Enjoy, and get faster.

Last edited:
Hi Iko, Dumb question.

Does it works in different cpu? Like... I would like to add it in notebook to use it linked to gamepc.
Hi,

Yes, you can do that. This is what the "UDP Forward" is for.

This is it in simple terms
1) Setup the Telemetry Tool on the notebook and make sure it starts. IF the Notebook runs on some kind of Linux, it should still be able to run Java. If it is very odd CPU, and you cannot find Java + JavaFX for it, please pm me the details, and I will check the status for that.
2) Find out the notebook's IP address on internal network. (In the Tool 'Tools -> Show my IP address'
3) Set the notebooks' IP Address into the F1 23's Telemetry Settings and enable the Telemetry.
4) You might need to restart the game and the Tool once, but most likely not.
5) After restart as you drive around, the data should come to the Tool running on the notebook. Good test tab is the Driving tab, as it get's constant data/updates.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes, you can do that. This is what the "UDP Forward" is for.

This is it in simple terms
1) Setup the Telemetry Tool on the notebook and make sure it starts. IF the Notebook runs on some kind of Linux, it should still be able to run Java. If it is very odd CPU, and you cannot find Java + JavaFX for it, please pm me the details, and I will check the status for that.
2) Find out the notebook's IP address on internal network. (In the Tool 'Tools -> Show my IP address'
3) Set the notebooks' IP Address into the F1 23's Telemetry Settings and enable the Telemetry.
4) You might need to restart the game and the Tool once, but most likely not.
5) After restart as you drive around, the data should come to the Tool running on the notebook. Good test tab is the Driving tab, as it get's constant data/updates.

Cheers.
My bad, I ask you on f123 topic, but should I do the same on ams2?

My bad, I ask you on f123 topic, but should I do the same on ams2?
Hmm, you mean you would run AMS2 on different computer and send data to the notebook? I guess there is no console version of AMS.

In this case again, make sure you again can run the Tool on the notebook.

Hmm, in this case you have to run one instance of the Telemetry Tool on the PC, where you have AMS2 and then forward the data to the Notebook, provided the notebook can run the Telemetry Tool.

Cheers.

Hey Iko, in the 22 version, or v12, you could load laps in multilap telemetry and then see them in the statistics table by clicking "load multilaps". This is very handy if you are reviewing a previous session. It works with live data but not if you try to review a session from the previous day for example.

Is this a known issue?

1687286469310.png

1687286520844.png

Hey Iko, in the 22 version, or v12, you could load laps in multilap telemetry and then see them in the statistics table by clicking "load multilaps". This is very handy if you are reviewing a previous session. It works with live data but not if you try to review a session from the previous day for example.

Is this a known issue?

View attachment 673438

View attachment 673439
Well, good catch.

This happens, because the parsing of the file header fails. For some reason, not yet known to me, the header S3 times were/are messed up. They were supposed to be seconds, but seem to be written as m:ss.sss instead of ss.sss on some system. This fails the reading and then also the data from files gets "lost", because when the reading fails, also the statistics fail, as all fields are 0's and are not loaded into the statistics table.

So I have some work carved out for me to fix this. Cannot promise anything but I have some other fixes/tweaks lined up, so let's see how quickly I can get out a new version. I might PM you for the beta link, when I have working stuff at hand.

Cheers.

Hey iko i've find two little problem The first in the csv file opponent the name of the driver is correct but the car is wrong.
For example perez drive ferrari and not redbull.
The second in the opponent stats page all the information is freezing at the 1 lap.
Sorry for my english...

Hello,

I'm developing the telemetry tool of codemasters f1 games for specific race game community since 2017.
I want to make a lapdata CSV which compatible with your telemetry tool v13 for f1 game.
However, I don't know what some items were made from.
Please tell me what following items were made from.

1. EventID2 of line 5
2. Torque
3. Last 4 items without tags

Thank you.

Is this a known issue?

View attachment 673438

View attachment 673439
I think I have fixed this now. Check your PM, I sent you link to a beta version, so you can check it works.

Cheers.

Hey iko i've find two little problem The first in the csv file opponent the name of the driver is correct but the car is wrong.
For example perez drive ferrari and not redbull.
The second in the opponent stats page all the information is freezing at the 1 lap.
Sorry for my english...
Hi,
Thank you for the note. The car name written to file was actually players' car name. I have fixed this and it will be on the next version.

For the freezing, can you send more data about about which game mode it happened, did you use F1 23 data format, what was the update frequence of the Telemetry (20,30,60 or 120 hz9, did you use flashbacks etc. and did it happen again. I have been testing the Tool quite a lot and have not seen freezing, but I haven't really tested all possible ways to play the game.

Cheers.

Hello,

I'm developing the telemetry tool of codemasters f1 games for specific race game community since 2017.
I want to make a lapdata CSV which compatible with your telemetry tool v13 for f1 game.
However, I don't know what some items were made from.
Please tell me what following items were made from.

1. EventID2 of line 5
2. Torque
3. Last 4 items without tags

Thank you.

EventID2 is the Tool's internal id for the event. You can omit it, it is unique id for all possible events.

Torque is calculated from the Engine's Watt output, so Watt Output -> Horse power -> Torque (in Nm). Most other games provide torque directly. This is still experimental value, as with the F1 there is the ICE power + the ERS power. I am still pondering, if I should replace the Torque with the HP instead and if my approach to calculating the "Torque" is correct/useful.

The 4 items without tags are for future expansions, so I don't have to redo the whole format for adding just one new column. With F1 23 these columns actually have mguk and ice power.

cheers.

EventID2 is the Tool's internal id for the event. You can omit it, it is unique id for all possible events.

Torque is calculated from the Engine's Watt output, so Watt Output -> Horse power -> Torque (in Nm). Most other games provide torque directly. This is still experimental value, as with the F1 there is the ICE power + the ERS power. I am still pondering, if I should replace the Torque with the HP instead and if my approach to calculating the "Torque" is correct/useful.

The 4 items without tags are for future expansions, so I don't have to redo the whole format for adding just one new column. With F1 23 these columns actually have mguk and ice power.

cheers.
I understood all unclear points for developing my tool.
Thank you.

hey, thanks for your work. have used the tool much in f122.
get it now but somehow not really to run. partly the data are delayed / laggy.
how do I best set the ports / telemetry data ingame and in the program?

hey, thanks for your work. have used the tool much in f122.
get it now but somehow not really to run. partly the data are delayed / laggy.
how do I best set the ports / telemetry data ingame and in the program?
Which game and which mode? Were you using F1 23 with F1 23 data format or some other combination? What event was it on? And did it happen again. Can you reproduce the behaviour?

I done quite a lot testing and I have not seen freezing/lagging in my testing, but it could be that you hit some odd situation. With 20+ supported games and so many different options there can always be small "holes" in testing.

Cheers

hey, have used it in f123 with f123 data. was in normal grand prix mode. but maybe it was also due to a wrong port setting? that's why i asked, regarding the port setting

Last edited:
hey, have used it in f123 with f123 data. was in normal grand prix mode. but maybe it was also due to a wrong port setting? that's why i asked, regarding the port setting
Yeah, you can make the Tool behave bit oddly, if you e.g. send UDP forward back to it. But by default for F1 23, the Game and Tool use port 20777. Normally the default settings should be sufficient, so no need to alter the port numbers etc, unless you use e.g. Simhub at the same time.

Cheers.

Hi Iko ! Thanks again for the Telemetry Goat.
I still have issues to get it work on Windows 10.
On my Windows 11 Portable computer no worries to get the .zip file and then extract it in another new folder.
But here on Windows 10 even if a get a .rar or .zip and extract it in a folder it keeps asking me when lunching the Telemetry Tool if i consent to send datas , does not ask me the files location , and does not save my changes like the UDP port behing changed. I think it's a firewall problem but if you have any tips on how to make it work on Windows 10 please !?

Hi Iko ! Thanks again for the Telemetry Goat.
I still have issues to get it work on Windows 10.
On my Windows 11 Portable computer no worries to get the .zip file and then extract it in another new folder.
But here on Windows 10 even if a get a .rar or .zip and extract it in a folder it keeps asking me when lunching the Telemetry Tool if i consent to send datas , does not ask me the files location , and does not save my changes like the UDP port behing changed. I think it's a firewall problem but if you have any tips on how to make it work on Windows 10 please !?
Did you put the stuff on Program files? If yes, then the data directory must reside somewhere else. Most likely if you moved your old installation with 'baseSettings.xml' which uses the 'install-dir' location for data, then the saves don't work (unless you run the Tool as Admin, which you should not do).

If you do 'portable installation', then I recommend you put it to e.g. C:\bin\TT directory and the data files also under that directory.

Edit You can see the data-dir location by going to 'Settings --> Base Settings'.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 49 26.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 35 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 20 10.9%