Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
On a Mac - It won't let me run this because it cannot verify it is not malware and the only option is to cancel or delete the program. Help

What exactly do these values in "opponent stats" stand for?

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 35
What exactly do these values in "opponent stats" stand for?
ErsM is the average of the ERSMode. This was used earlier to detect cheaters, i.e. if you run all the time on Overtake, then this will be higher. It was used earlier to detect cheating, but it is not as usable anymore, as it was in the earlier versions.

ErsOU is ERS Over Use: So if the person has over the course of race used more ERS than was available (i.e. used - harvested > 4M), then you see values here.

These were used earlier to detect cheaters and they still could be good indicators, something is wrong.

Cheers.

Hi IKO, first of all, thank you for this great application that you developed, it is very helpful to us.
I didn't play F1 for a few years and now I've started again. I have discovered that you added many options, including uploading the laps to an online database.
My question is: how can I access any uploaded lap that is not mine?
My intention is to look for laps with good times and use them as a reference to compare them with mine and try to improve.
I have searched the site that indicates the help of the app, but I do not understand how to access to download the laps

ErsM is the average of the ERSMode. This was used earlier to detect cheaters, i.e. if you run all the time on Overtake, then this will be higher. It was used earlier to detect cheating, but it is not as usable anymore, as it was in the earlier versions.

ErsOU is ERS Over Use: So if the person has over the course of race used more ERS than was available (i.e. used - harvested > 4M), then you see values here.

These were used earlier to detect cheaters and they still could be good indicators, something is wrong.

Cheers.
Thank you for the explanation. Is there any way to see the current ERS status in % of the drivers?

Hi IKO, first of all, thank you for this great application that you developed, it is very helpful to us.
I didn't play F1 for a few years and now I've started again. I have discovered that you added many options, including uploading the laps to an online database.
My question is: how can I access any uploaded lap that is not mine?
My intention is to look for laps with good times and use them as a reference to compare them with mine and try to improve.
I have searched the site that indicates the help of the app, but I do not understand how to access to download the laps
Hello,

The Tool only updates the laptimes etc, not full laps.

But easiest way to get going, is to use the opponent laps from the Tool.

So
1) In Time Trial, the Ghost will be updated and Ghost's Telemetry will be available. You can load any Ghost from the TT ranking and then compare their data to yours to get better in the Telemetry tab's real time part.
2) In online race the Tool will also save Opponent laps, if you have set it up. Then e.g. if there is an "alien", you can look at their data to learn, where you lost time and their steer/throttle/brake input and speed trace.

And easy way is also to setup in offline race the AI to your target level, e.g. 80. Then you drive a race against AI on that level and use the best AI Opponent laps to compare, where you are losing time to the AI. This is easy way to ramp up your speed to the max AI. I have many users, who have done this, i.e. started at low AI levels and with commitment and using the Tool they were able to make quickly giant leaps, when using the Real-Time telemetry agains the Opponent laps.

Cheers.

Hello,

The Tool only updates the laptimes etc, not full laps.

But easiest way to get going, is to use the opponent laps from the Tool.

So
1) In Time Trial, the Ghost will be updated and Ghost's Telemetry will be available. You can load any Ghost from the TT ranking and then compare their data to yours to get better in the Telemetry tab's real time part.
2) In online race the Tool will also save Opponent laps, if you have set it up. Then e.g. if there is an "alien", you can look at their data to learn, where you lost time and their steer/throttle/brake input and speed trace.

And easy way is also to setup in offline race the AI to your target level, e.g. 80. Then you drive a race against AI on that level and use the best AI Opponent laps to compare, where you are losing time to the AI. This is easy way to ramp up your speed to the max AI. I have many users, who have done this, i.e. started at low AI levels and with commitment and using the Tool they were able to make quickly giant leaps, when using the Real-Time telemetry agains the Opponent laps.

Cheers.
Excellent, I had not thought about the option of copying the ghost of a good time in the TT. I'll try it...
Once again, I thank you for the dedication and the time you take to answer in such detail, it is a pleasure to deal with people like you.

I get

“java” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
Isn't it great to run a system, in which someone else decides, what you can do with it.

Anyway, you could get the JRE+JavaFX from this link for your system

You must update the runMac.sh to reflect the location of the JRE.

Cheers.

Hi, how can I run this program in a Mac with an arm M1 processor? Do I need some different executable file?
Yes, you need the M1 binaries.

You have to options
1) Take my custom JRE from https://telemetrytool.com/addons
- or -
2) Download from the above AZUL link the M1 JRE+JAvaFX binaries. You can unzip them on the bin directory in the Telemetry Tool's install directory. Then you just need to adjust the 'runMac.sh' to reflect the new location of the java binaries. If you rename the "directory named after the zulu jre" to mac, the runMac.sh should work.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games)

Version 13.1 is here

Notable changes
  • Many fixes to the multicar data system for F1 2018-F1 23, AC, ACC, AMS2, PC2, R3E and rF2. Now it is in state, it should have been at 13.0 release.
  • Many F1 23 related fixes and new data usages, where feasible.
  • Fixed issue, where it was not possible to loaded from multilap telemetry the loaded multilaps into Statstistics Table. At the same time enabled opponent laps loading to multilap telemetry.
  • Fixes to the 'BLUE Line: Fastest...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Iko,

There seems to be more measurement points for the new game such as wheel loads. Just wondering if those will be added into the telemetry app?

Also, with suspension measurements, are they measured in metres?

Additionally how can I change the colour of the telemetry page for when I compare the "red" lap and "blue" lap to have both lines monochromatic to easily distinguish between the two.

I was also thinking about the weather, I am not sure if there is a feature that you can read weather forecast and current wetness, projected wetness and duration of rain which could be maybe graphed (might be asking too much here apologies for that)

Finally I was wondering how we can change the name (manually) of other drivers for online races.

Great app thanks so much. Would like to know how easy it was to put together and what you used in constructing it all together. Keep up the great work.

Last edited:
Hi Iko,

There seems to be more measurement points for the new game such as wheel loads. Just wondering if those will be added into the telemetry app?

Also, with suspension measurements, are they measured in metres?

Additionally how can I change the colour of the telemetry page for when I compare the "red" lap and "blue" lap to have both lines monochromatic to easily distinguish between the two.

I was also thinking about the weather, I am not sure if there is a feature that you can read weather forecast and current wetness, projected wetness and duration of rain which could be maybe graphed (might be asking too much here apologies for that)

Finally I was wondering how we can change the name (manually) of other drivers for online races.

Great app thanks so much. Would like to know how easy it was to put together and what you used in constructing it all together. Keep up the great work.
Hi,

The suspension measurements are direct values from the game, i.e. meters.

For the color of the traces, you can set the change them a the 'Settings --> Graph Colors'. So if you want to e.g. have grey for RED lap and black for blue lap. You have to do it like this:
1) In the 'Settings --> Graph Colors', select the 'Single color per lap' and the click save
2) Go to 'Settings --> Map and UI colors and set the BLUE line color to black and the RED line color to grey.
If you press key 'a' in the tool, it will toggle between the dark and white mode.

For the forecast, some games, like F1 games since F1 2020 and ACC, provide the forecast. At this point I am not doing much with it, as for proper servers the forecast is never accurate, but just forecast. I could add some of that stuff to the RaceInfo, as that has been on my mind for some time. For the licensed users in the 'Game Specific' tab there is the forecast info though.

If you mean, that when you are in the lobby, you could take a drivers name, and enter it into the Tool, there is no way to do that at the moment. Would it be usefull? What do the other users say?

For changing the names of the drivers before the race e.g. in leagues, you have two options
1) RaceNumber-Name map. If you always have the same RaceNumber, you can map these. The way this works, is that you create initial file via Tools and then edit it with Notepad++ or similar
2) Existing driver naming. If you always driver as same real drivers, you could create new driverIds file (also via Tools) and then edit that with the driver names you have.

Heh, I started the development of this tool with F1 2011, then there were no good tools (outside of F1Speed + F1Perfview) for the game and I needed something to help me become faster. And we are still on that path. ...

Cheers.

If you have AMS2 1.5 with the RX DLC, there are trackmaps for the new AMS2 RX tracks in https://telemetrytool.com/addons

It is missing the SPA RX track, as I do not have access to my rig at the moment. I expect to put out the Spa RX trackmap in few weeks time, when I access to my tools.

You can just unzip the files to your Telemetry Tool install directory.

Cheers

Is there a way to get in more direct contact with you, Iko?
I'm trying to make something for myself as a way to understand UDP, but I'm not getting the same readouts as I'm seeing in the raw data tab in your wonderful program.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 19 59.4%