Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there a way to get in more direct contact with you, Iko?
I'm trying to make something for myself as a way to understand UDP, but I'm not getting the same readouts as I'm seeing in the raw data tab in your wonderful program.
You can send me PM. But small warning, I am not too good or too keen to give much support. I can point you to the right direction/sources, but as with the other devs I have chatted/helped, I will not solve your problems. I might however provide you bit guidance, which you can use to solve the issues.

Cheers.

Hi, I can't seem to get it to work with F1 23. Do you have any tips or advice? Thanks :)
Hmm, typical things causing issues are:
1) The UDP Telemetry is not enabled in the game (In F1 23, options --> UDP Telemetry
2) The UDP Telemetry IP/Port are not correct, the default values (i.e. 127.0.0.1 and 20777) should be ok, if you are not using other tools
3) In the Tool you have changed the Networking settings, again default settings should be ok. No need to edit them or change the baseSettings.xml
4) You are not starting the Tool in the F1 23 mode.

So in short, first run you install the Telemetry Tool by just unzipping it. Then you start the Tool with the Launcher and select F1 23 mode and launch the Tool. Then you start the game, enable the Telemetry with default values and data should start flowing.

Cheers.

hey Iko, I don’t know what are your thoughts on this but I would find really helpful « next lap - previous lap » kind of buttons in the multiplotter window. if you load multiple laps using ctrl-L then you go through the loaded laps and look at differences in laps using scattet plots which I would find useful.

again , not a big deal, just a thought

Hmm, typical things causing issues are:
1) The UDP Telemetry is not enabled in the game (In F1 23, options --> UDP Telemetry
2) The UDP Telemetry IP/Port are not correct, the default values (i.e. 127.0.0.1 and 20777) should be ok, if you are not using other tools
3) In the Tool you have changed the Networking settings, again default settings should be ok. No need to edit them or change the baseSettings.xml
4) You are not starting the Tool in the F1 23 mode.

So in short, first run you install the Telemetry Tool by just unzipping it. Then you start the Tool with the Launcher and select F1 23 mode and launch the Tool. Then you start the game, enable the Telemetry with default values and data should start flowing.

Cheers.
good evening I have a problem, if I view the times in real time I see everything fine, if I save and the next day I see the times in the static table and I see the incorrect seconds and also the tires

IMG_3434.jpeg

Hi, First of all, thanks for this excelent telemetry tool. I have a question about the mapping of team/car names. Is it possible to map the "car model/name" in the Laptime data or statistics table to something else? I use a (single) game setup with a group of people (e.g. on a party), and each player picks a car for their session (e.g. Mike uses Redbull, etc) so we can compare who is the fastest in the solo time trail or quick race. Now it would be handy to map the name of the car or team like "Redbull" to something else like "Mike - Redbull", "Jane - Haas" etc. I can't get this done with the "driver_racenumber_map.csv" or "driver_ids.csv" file. Goal is to have 10 players mapping to 10 unique own car+player name so we can compete on the same F1 game and have the statistics mapped to each idividual RL player. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
good evening I have a problem, if I view the times in real time I see everything fine, if I save and the next day I see the times in the static table and I see the incorrect seconds and also the tires

View attachment 685115
I have seen reports of this too. It is because the Tool reads the laptime as seconds, when it should be milliseconds. I moved with 13.0 to using milliseconds internally in the Tool and there might be some other places too, where the conversion is not done correctly.

I am still traveling and away from my tools, so the fix will come out later this month.

Cheers.

Hi, First of all, thanks for this excelent telemetry tool. I have a question about the mapping of team/car names. Is it possible to map the "car model/name" in the Laptime data or statistics table to something else? I use a (single) game setup with a group of people (e.g. on a party), and each player picks a car for their session (e.g. Mike uses Redbull, etc) so we can compare who is the fastest in the solo time trail or quick race. Now it would be handy to map the name of the car or team like "Redbull" to something else like "Mike - Redbull", "Jane - Haas" etc. I can't get this done with the "driver_racenumber_map.csv" or "driver_ids.csv" file. Goal is to have 10 players mapping to 10 unique own car+player name so we can compete on the same F1 game and have the statistics mapped to each idividual RL player. Thanks in advance.
Can you all have distinct individual race-numbers? If yes, then you can use the raceNumber--NameMap.

If you all enable the driver name sharing in the F1 23 udp telemetry settings, then you see the driver name in the data.

I could add mode, where if the name sharing is enabled, then the Tool would show names as <TEAM> - <NAME>. I need to check, how much work this would be.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Hi iko, really appreciate for your great effor for this telemetry!

i want to ask how to compare my telemetry with other team in career mode? i clicked load opponet lap but no files is available? TIA

I have seen reports of this too. It is because the Tool reads the laptime as seconds, when it should be milliseconds. I moved with 13.0 to using milliseconds internally in the Tool and there might be some other places too, where the conversion is not done correctly.

I am still traveling and away from my tools, so the fix will come out later this month.

Cheers.
thanks for the reply, once the donation is issued, can you send me the link of the certified version?

Hello, is there any way to use the tool remotely? Trying to help a friend as his engineer but i can't seem to find any way to do this. TIA
Hi all,

I have a similar question. There is some discussion about using TCP instead of UDP over a VPN in the latest update, so using the tool remotely does seem to be a use case. But I have not been able to find any guides on how to set up a peer-to-peer network over a VPN and forward the telemetry data.

Any guidance on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

And thank you for making the telemetry tool! We love doing driver-engineer races!

Hi iko,
I´ve been using this amazing software to manage race results in leagues using race history files, but I have a problem in F123, the race history files appears perfect (i noticed you added sectors , pit lap,.. and some other nice info), but if i play in the race dont get my own info. Is there anyway i can fix it?,

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hello, is there any way to use the tool remotely? Trying to help a friend as his engineer but i can't seem to find any way to do this. TIA
Option 1:

1. Your friend has to set your external ip in his game (if your ip is dinamic he´ll have to do it every time it changes)
2. you have to add a forward rule in your router, sending every udp data that your router receives in the port that your friend configured in his game to the ip of the device where you install iko rein at home.

If you have a firewall you could need to add an exception as well.

Option 2: (less info)

Using the remote http feed that the sofwtware has, if your friend installs iko rein and allows external conections, he would need as well to add a frodward rule in his router to allow this conection. You could conect using his external ip and the port he forwarded.

I don´t know anything about net security, so look for advice about the security isues this could cause

Last edited:
Hi iko,
I´ve been using this amazing software to manage race results in leagues using race history files, but I have a problem in F123, the race history files appears perfect (i noticed you added sectors , pit lap,.. and some other nice info), but if i play in the race dont get my own info. Is there anyway i can fix it?,
I have been away quite some time, but I will look into this now. There were some issues with the data, when drivers were dropped mid-race, this might be related to that.

cheers.

To add to the earlier posts, you can also try to use VPN tunnel.

Many of my users use Hamachi tunnel for this. With VPN tunnel you can avoid the port forwarding and firewalls sfuff.

So you
1) Install the VPN tunnel on both computers
2) Make sure both computers have working Telemetry tool installation
3) Start the VPN tunnel and make sure you both are on the same subnet
4) Your drivers setups the UDP forward to send data to your IP address in the VPN tunnel subnet. Don't change port numbers, unless you have to.
5) Now restart the Telemetry Tools and then your driver starts driving driving. If the tunnel and UDP forward is working, then you should receive his data.

Chees.

***Update***
The issue was caused by the "Public Network" network profile type. If you have the same issue you should proceed to Network & Internet > Wi-Fi and customize "Network profile type".

Please make sure that you know what it means:

Hello Iko,

Thanks for the tool!
It works great when I use it on the same machine where the tool is, but I cannot catch any event on another computer in the same network. I set the 2nd computer's local IP (port is the default) in the game settings.
I've tried reload the game, both machines and tried Broadcast mode as well.
I suppose there may be some Windows permission restrictions or something similar... Could you please advise?

Last edited:
Traces in a second window don't update on their own, I need to refresh the data by hiding and unhiding one trace. Is there a setting or something I'm missing?
rtIol5y.png

QxZA6AM.png

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 25 53.2%