Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Traces in a second window don't update on their own, I need to refresh the data by hiding and unhiding one trace. Is there a setting or something I'm missing?
rtIol5y.png

QxZA6AM.png
Yep, it is on purpose, the workspace does not (yet) work on live data.

That is something I am thinking, if I should enable it. There would be nice real-time data for analytics. The thing is that some of the operations are bit heavy for real-time use, but I think I could fix the issues. So stay tuned ...

Cheers.

Hello if i wanna use the telemetry tool it just freezes again and again and again after like a minute, is there a fix?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image.pngf.png
    image.pngf.png
    320.5 KB · Views: 61
Hi Iko, I was wondering if it is possible to connect Telemetry tools to F1 2023 on my Xbox One S.
I would like to be able to view extra telemetry data. i tried but to no avail.

Thanks,
Alec

Hello if i wanna use the telemetry tool it just freezes again and again and again after like a minute, is there a fix?
Hmm, I have tried to reproduce this. Does this happen
1) When you have just one window open (e.g. the map)
2) Does this happen with only 1 or 2 specific windows open, e.g. what if you only have the Map + Race Timing open at the same time?

Cheers.

Hi Iko, I was wondering if it is possible to connect Telemetry tools to F1 2023 on my Xbox One S.
I would like to be able to view extra telemetry data. i tried but to no avail.

Thanks,
Alec
Hi,

Yes, you just need to make sure the computer receiving the Telemetry and the XBox are on the same home network. Most like this is, i.e. you have connected them on your home router.

Here I assume, you are using a Laptop for the telemetry data.

First you need to find the IP address of the Laptop. So e.g. with the Performance Monitors' network or Wifi tab you can see the IP address. You can also use the Telemetry Tool's menu item 'Tools --> Show my IP address'. Let's assume the IP address for the Laptop is 192.168.2.101.

Now on the F1 23 on XBox, go to the option and the UDP Telemetry Settings. Enable the Telemetry and set the IP address to Laptop's IP address. No other changes are needed now.

In the Laptop, start the Telemetry Tool and then start driving in F1 23. If you did correctly the settings, you should receive data from the game to the Laptop. One issue you might encounter here is the Windows firewall settings, so if you are not receiving data, first check the IP address is really correct, then check the firewall logs, if it has prevented the connection from XBox. If it has, you have to allow data from XBox to your computer.

Cheers.

Hmm, I have tried to reproduce this. Does this happen
1) When you have just one window open (e.g. the map)
2) Does this happen with only 1 or 2 specific windows open, e.g. what if you only have the Map + Race Timing open at the same time?

Cheers.
1) no i have four open, race info, race timing, driving, race info
2) with all 4 and also 3

Hi Iko,
I've just started using 13.1. On the 13.0 Race info page, the laps would increase on the left hand lower pane with each lap time being added. On the same page in 13.1 I'm not getting any laps building up?? I'm pretty sure all the settings are correct. Everything else displays as expected.
PC

Hi Iko,
I've just started using 13.1. On the 13.0 Race info page, the laps would increase on the left hand lower pane with each lap time being added. On the same page in 13.1 I'm not getting any laps building up?? I'm pretty sure all the settings are correct. Everything else displays as expected.
PC
I think there was a bug in the updated version of F1 23, where the lap number was missing from the Telemetry data. I just tested today with the latest F1 23 version and it seems to be working. Are you still seeing this issue?

Cheers.

Hey Iko,
very great tool - i love it.
Do you plan to bring a version (or add support) for the new Forza Motorsport? Or is it possible already to track basic details?!
Like fuel per lap, tyre lap last, lap time table.

Hey Iko,
very great tool - i love it.
Do you plan to bring a version (or add support) for the new Forza Motorsport? Or is it possible already to track basic details?!
Like fuel per lap, tyre lap last, lap time table.
Hi,

I don't have access to Forza Motorsport myself, so adding support for it is not an easy task.

I took a quick look and there is some real-time data coming from the game via UDP, but I don't know how feasible it would be to add it without the game.

Cheers.

Hi I did the installation as explained and the launcher opens but for some reason the telemetry app does not launch for f1 23, it works perfectly for the other games

Last edited:
Hi I did the installation as explained and the launcher opens but for some reason the telemetry app does not launch for f1 23, it works perfectly for the other games
Hmm, it should start with 13.0 and 13.1. Just in case, you could try to select "reset UI" (at the bottom of the launcher) and then select F1 23 and press the 'Launch'.

If for some reason this does not work, then you can also try to use the runWin_F12023.bat to run the Tool in the F1 23 mode.

Cheers.

Apologies if it has been discussed but is it expected for the tool to stop collecting data for opponents after I finish in a session? Perhaps, the game itself stops reporting data. For example, the moment I cross the line, no data is collected for the rest of the grid with a small delay - VER data is captured (note the rest of the field - empty S3).

Is there a workaround for that (apart from finishing last)?
1701371376277.png

Apologies if it has been discussed but is it expected for the tool to stop collecting data for opponents after I finish in a session? Perhaps, the game itself stops reporting data. For example, the moment I cross the line, no data is collected for the rest of the grid with a small delay - VER data is captured (note the rest of the field - empty S3).

Is there a workaround for that (apart from finishing last)?
View attachment 710976
The way it works with F1 games, is that the moment you cross the line, the game sends "Session end" flag and stops data, except it sends few times the full "session history" data, i.e. session data + simulated times for the last lap(s) for the cars, which hadn't yet finished + few times "the final classification" packet, which just has the final classification. So if you win the race, then you will miss the "proper" data for other cars for the last lap. If you are last, then you get all the data and if you are in mid-pack, then you get some data.

So you are correct, the only workaround (for F1 games) is to finish last. Sadly. ;)

Cheers.

Last edited:
The way it works with F1 games, is that the moment you cross the line, the game sends "Session end" flag and stops data, except it sends few times the full "session history" data, i.e. session data + simulated times for the last lap(s) for the cars, which hadn't yet finished + few times "the final classification" packet, which just has the final classification. So if you win the race, then you will miss the "proper" data for other cars for the last lap. If you are last, then you get all the data and if you are in mid-pack, then you get some data.

So you are correct, the only workaround (for F1 games) is to finish last. Sadly. ;)

Cheers.
Just a note, this applies only to the offline races. If you do online race, then the game sends data until the last driver has finished the race.

Cheers.

Cheers.
I see! Thank you for the quick response. I did just notice that the "BEST" column in "Race timing" actually reflects the lap for each driver in one-shot quali. I thought the session-end standings were not reported at all because I was looking at the "LAPTIME" column (I wonder if "LAST" reflects the session-end last lap?). Having the session-end standings is good enough for me.

I discovered the tool only 2 days ago but absolutely loving it! Looking forwards to exploring it further.

Hmm, it should start with 13.0 and 13.1. Just in case, you could try to select "reset UI" (at the bottom of the launcher) and then select F1 23 and press the 'Launch'.

If for some reason this does not work, then you can also try to use the runWin_F12023.bat to run the Tool in the F1 23 mode.

Cheers.
sorry for the late rep[ly seems to be working now
thank you

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 21 56.8%