Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 23 (and many other games) 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, friends. Quick question:
Me and a couple of friends are trying to use it together but we seem to be doing something wrong. We live in separate locations and if we set the IP Addresses the tool shows us, we can't seem to get any data. Any tips on what we might be doing wrong?
You need to open the ports on the firewall. Simpler way is to use some VPN tunneling software, like Hamachi to create to connection. Then you don't need to do any of the firewall tweaking.

Cheers.

Thanks for the 13.2 update. It adds a lot of great features and tweaks.

Two issues I have noticed in F1 23 are that in 'Driving' tab, player is no longer automatically selected to view, but first entry remains in place and I have to manually re select player view when session changes.

Another one is with 'Show events' window. At the end of event, it keeps producing checkered flag or race end message which floods the whole history and for some reason, makes my Surface Pro 4 (which I use for telemetry) Intel HD Graphics 520 chip pegged at 100%.

Two issues I have noticed in F1 23 are that in 'Driving' tab, player is no longer automatically selected to view, but first entry remains in place and I have to manually re select player view when session changes.

Another one is with 'Show events' window. At the end of event, it keeps producing checkered flag or race end message which floods the whole history and for some reason, makes my Surface Pro 4 (which I use for telemetry) Intel HD Graphics 520 chip pegged at 100%.
Hi,

For the driving tab stuff, I will check if I can make it work nicer. In the past there was request to keep the "selected" driver's data visible. Might be better to reset the view always when event/track changes. I will think this a bit.

For the "Show events" thing, I cannot reproduce it? Does it happen on all game modes or on some mode, like online? Also on which platform you run the game?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello,

I got the telemetry tool to run locally perfectly fine. I am now at a point where I am trying to get the data from a friend who is running the relay. I am able to get the information regarding their car and driver info. But I do not see any opponent information. Map looks like the following:

1706403427562.png

Last edited:
Hi,

For the driving tab stuff, I will check if I can make it work nicer. In the past there was request to keep the "selected" driver's data visible. Might be better to reset the view always when event/track changes. I will think this a bit.

For the "Show events" thing, I cannot reproduce it? Does it happen on all game modes or on some mode, like online? Also on which platform you run the game?

Cheers.

In previous version, the tool selected player from drivers dropdown menu automatically at the beginning of a session or if there was a change is race phase. Now, when session starts, I can see that for a split second, the tool still automatically selects me (player), but then goes back to first entry in the list which in F1 23 career mode would be 33 Verstappen. This also happens after formation lap, when light go out. It means that I have to pause the race and adjust the tool. This can take you out of rhythm so is an undesirable behavior. It worked just fine in previous version, including latest v13.2 rc.

Show events "checkered flag" spamming seems to start when after a race I start event replay.

I run F1 23 on Windows 11 23H2.

In previous version, the tool selected player from drivers dropdown menu automatically at the beginning of a session or if there was a change is race phase. Now, when session starts, I can see that for a split second, the tool still automatically selects me (player), but then goes back to first entry in the list which in F1 23 career mode would be 33 Verstappen. This also happens after formation lap, when light go out. It means that I have to pause the race and adjust the tool. This can take you out of rhythm so is an undesirable behavior. It worked just fine in previous version, including latest v13.2 rc.

Show events "checkered flag" spamming seems to start when after a race I start event replay.

I run F1 23 on Windows 11 23H2.
Hi,

Thank you for the info. I did some fixes on the dropdowns to make sure, the content gets updated. I will need to check if there is some spot, which the Tool puts the "index" back to 0.

I will test the replay thing. It might be that the game is sending out the Session End/Checkered Flag event packets, when you start the replay, i.e. there is a bug in F1 23. And if it really is there, I don't see much hope it being fixed in the game, thus I need to do some fixes there. Maybe turn off the event lists additions for replays might be best option.

Cheers.

Is it normal to experience frame drops when using this tool? Here after I used it I had a lot of drops in FPS
Yes, it might affect the FPS.

To avoid this, you can drop the "CPU Use" to lower value to reduce the strain on your system by reducing the update frequency with that slider. Also I have noticed, that changing the tab to the statistics table during the race might occasionally cause lag, if you have all columns selected and there is plenty of data. I am investigating, if I can optimize that.

Also above as @Raimo5 said, there might be big strain on the system if you use the replays after the race.

Cheers.

Hello,

I got the telemetry tool to run locally perfectly fine. I am now at a point where I am trying to get the data from a friend who is running the relay. I am able to get the information regarding their car and driver info. But I do not see any opponent information. Map looks like the following:

View attachment 724872
You have two options
1) Open up the firewall ports to let the data through (i.e. UDP on port 20777)
- or -
2) Use some VPN tunneling to send data from your friends computer to your computer (or the other way). There are many of my users using Hamachi for this and I have only heard good comments regarding using it to create the connectivity between driver and the engineer. This way there is no need to open the firewall ports.

Cheers.

I managed to test the "Checkered flag" spam. It is exactly as you noted, i.e. if you start the replay, the game starts sending the 'Checkered flag' event at the selected UDP frequency, so with 60Hz you get 60 of those events per second, and it quickly can grow out of hand on the events list. So it is a bug in the game, which most likely might be fixed with F1 24, but I doubt that. So I need to create some fail-safes around that. I will post you like to RC, when there is something to test.

Also there will be small change on the behavior on the 'Driving' pane driver selection.

Cheers.

I managed to test the "Checkered flag" spam. It is exactly as you noted, i.e. if you start the replay, the game starts sending the 'Checkered flag' event at the selected UDP frequency, so with 60Hz you get 60 of those events per second, and it quickly can grow out of hand on the events list. So it is a bug in the game, which most likely might be fixed with F1 24, but I doubt that. So I need to create some fail-safes around that. I will post you like to RC, when there is something to test.

Also there will be small change on the behavior on the 'Driving' pane driver selection.

Cheers.

Hi Iko,

Many thanks for looking into this and getting to the bottom of it. For the moment, I'm working around this in a way that I look at the events log before I start replay, as if the events window is not open, app is not affected. Looking forward to testing new versions so just give me a shout when you have something in the works.

One more thing, and that is just a minor wish that's not important. It would be great to have tire type coloring in multi-car race timing. It would make it easier and faster to identify tires fitted, just like it is colored in time trial info view.

Cheers!

You have two options
1) Open up the firewall ports to let the data through (i.e. UDP on port 20777)
- or -
2) Use some VPN tunneling to send data from your friends computer to your computer (or the other way). There are many of my users using Hamachi for this and I have only heard good comments regarding using it to create the connectivity between driver and the engineer. This way there is no need to open the firewall ports.

Cheers.
Thanks for the reply and thanks for creating this!

We solved it by having ports forwarded on both my side and my friends.. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello, I just downloaded the telemetry I am looking for assistance with the setup because I followed the instructions for the Mac (Intel Based) but when I try to open the telemetry jar it does not open. If anyone could help that would be appreciated.

Hello, I just downloaded the telemetry I am looking for assistance with the setup because I followed the instructions for the Mac (Intel Based) but when I try to open the telemetry jar it does not open. If anyone could help that would be appreciated.
Check this:
https://telemetrytool.com/install/tutorial_mac.php

If you are on Intel mac, you can also use the provided custom JRE from mac.zip. For this, you don't download the JRE from Azul, but just unzip the mac.zip (in the bin directory) and then you can use the 'bash ./runMac.sh' from terminal.

Cheers.

Hello again, I have unzipped the Mac zip and put 'bash. /runMac.sh' in the terminal but it says no such file or directory.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 4.41.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 4.41.02 PM.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 4.44.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 4.44.06 PM.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 25
It still says that there is no such file or directory. Sorry to be much of a bother I'm not a tech-savvy person when it comes to these things. Could it just be my computer's age or some other reason?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 4.17.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 4.17.03 PM.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 24
It still says that there is no such file or directory. Sorry to be much of a bother I'm not a tech-savvy person when it comes to these things. Could it just be my computer's age or some other reason?
Hmm, my guess is that in the Terminal, you did not change to the Telemetry Tool install directory.

If you did unzip it to Downloads, and there to the Telemetry_v13.2_with_JRE directory. (The default way how it works in Mac)
v13_mac_downloads.png

And it might be, that your system is already missing bash, and you should use zsh, i.e. you need to run 'zsh runMac.sh'. See below

v13_mac_launcher.png

Cheers.

Still doesn't work. I had the zip downloaded to the desktop and I expanded it and kept the folder there (on the desktop). I have attached specs in a last-case effort if that could make a difference. Also attached is an error info that I can't see in the Javascript menu. Thank you for trying to help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 8.02.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 8.02.07 PM.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 8.05.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 8.05.56 PM.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 8.08.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 8.08.15 PM.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 7.56.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 7.56.50 PM.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 24
Still doesn't work. I had the zip downloaded to the desktop and I expanded it and kept the folder there (on the desktop). I have attached specs in a last-case effort if that could make a difference. Also attached is an error info that I can't see in the Javascript menu. Thank you for trying to help.
Yeah, you cannot see it, because in Terminal you are in the home directory (the ~ shows that. Do in the terminal these commands. (First cd takes you back home, where-ever you are, then the following CDs take you to the Downloads/Telemetry_v13.2_with_JRE and finally the zsh runs the script in the correct directory)
cd
cd Downloads
cd Telemetry_v13.2_with_JRE
zsh runMac.sh

Cheers.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 48 26.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • Prizes