F1 23 Modding Questions Thread

I don't want to be a smartass, but how about someone who is really good with the F1 23 Toolbox creates a post with the basic explanations (especially for swapping drivers from the 2022 season and the Icons via Swap ID) and for all of us who need the Toolbox's latest version could ask for it via DM?

Last edited:
i'm thinking about making a mod that'd let you customize the color of the various tire compounds, but i can't for the life of me find the value that i'd have to change. this idea was originally meant to be implemented for F1 2020, but that question thread is practically dead now so i'm hoping to get a response here. assuming that the game structure hasn't chanegd too much, it should be the same for both games anyway.
you should put a if/else condition where the tyre is colored in a certain way so that it corresponds to a specific compound

According to what I found in some dashboards:
  • Tyre IDs for Softs: 16, 20
  • ... Mediums: 17, 21
  • ... Hards: 18, 22
  • ... Wet: 8, 10, 15
  • ... Inters; 7
I never tested these as I don't have current tyre in my dashboards, but try verifying these parameters.

Then you have to write a condition like this:
if([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.PlayerCarStatusData.m_visualTyreCompound]=16 or [DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.PlayerCarStatusData.m_visualTyreCompound]=20, 'Red' ,
if([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.PlayerCarStatusData.m_visualTyreCompound]=17 or [DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.PlayerCarStatusData.m_visualTyreCompound]=21, 'Yellow' , and so on...

In this way you can create, for example. a circle which colours itself like the current tyre.
Remember to end the cycle with as many closed ) as the open ones ( !

Last edited:
According to what I found in some dashboards:
  • Tyre IDs for Softs: 16, 20
  • ... Mediums: 17, 21
  • ... Hards: 18, 22
  • ... Wet: 8, 10, 15
  • ... Inters; 7
I never tested these as I don't have current tyre in my dashboards, but try verifying these parameters.

Then you have to write a condition like this:
if([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.PlayerCarStatusData.m_visualTyreCompound]=16 or [DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.PlayerCarStatusData.m_visualTyreCompound]=20, 'Red' ,
if([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.PlayerCarStatusData.m_visualTyreCompound]=17 or [DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.PlayerCarStatusData.m_visualTyreCompound]=21, 'Yellow' , and so on...

In this way you can create, for example. a circle which colours itself like the current tyre.
Remember to end the cycle with as many closed ) as the open ones ( !
i see, i'll have a look at this to see what i can do

Hi, I am currently attempting my first full package for F1 23 but for the life of me I can't seem to change certain areas of the garage, how can I change the areas indicated to black? Thanks in advance
a.jpg

Hi, I am currently attempting my first full package for F1 23 but for the life of me I can't seem to change certain areas of the garage, how can I change the areas indicated to black? Thanks in advance
View attachment 689300
You have to change the garage_livery_myteam_a_01_m.tif. If you use the default design the _m.tif file kind of overrides your color scheme. Easiset way to avoid this is to blank the file.

Is there any way to add custom sponsors/driver academy logo to your F2 suit? When checking the other drivers, it seems like the sponsor logos are separate from the suit in the erp but idk enough to know if there's a dedicated one for the player character. (Plus how to position the logos if we do have one)

To extend that question to F1, it'd be nice to be able to add your name (and number) in the suit. Puts me off a bit that Charles has 16 on his suit and mine is blank lmao. So far I can only add my name to the car since it's just taken from the car number.

hi can anyone send me the download for f1 23 toolbox ?
I have a version of June 19th which only allows rating changes. It seems that the latest version allows driver transfer and calendar change ?
Thanks.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 30 50.0%