Hi guys and RD,

Firstly, thanks for everything... but the site is getting slower and slower almost everyday, maybe one good thing would be to remove the (F***ing) youtube video loading on each page, which is quite boring and eat a lot bandwidth, slowing the site even more!
Please, remove those videos...
Thanks again and in advance.

Stan.

Hm, so I noticed that on big downloads (few hundreds mbs) when you have a slow d/l like 60-100 kbit/s, it is capped and will never increase while often canceling the d/l and restarting it at the browser's queue, I get full bandwith then.

Hm, so I noticed that on big downloads (few hundreds mbs) when you have a slow d/l like 60-100 kbit/s, it is capped and will never increase while often canceling the d/l and restarting it at the browser's queue, I get full bandwith then.
This is something I don't fully understand but I've seen it myself. At times, simply pausing and resuming the download is enough to make a difference :unsure:

Yeah, the right-click menu works. But pausing the download and them resuming ends in the d/l to fail instantly :D So I have to restart it again from zero, which often enough ends up uncapped.

Yeah, the right-click menu works. But pausing the download and them resuming ends in the d/l to fail instantly :D So I have to restart it again from zero, which often enough ends up uncapped.
Weird, that used to work. Maybe the latest FF version is doing something different :(

My downloads were wafting in at half the speed of smell, until I used my VPN to move from Australia to England, back to full speed. Sounds like the good old routing issue. Your mileage may vary. God save the King.

My downloads were wafting in at half the speed of smell, until I used my VPN to move from Australia to England, back to full speed. Sounds like the good old routing issue. Your mileage may vary. God save the King.
That's interesting. Don't think I've come across that many problem reports from Australia but the peering arrangements for individual ISPs do appear to make a difference... :unsure:
Since you aren't Premium and will therefore be contending with the site being generally busy when the EU users are really hitting it, I am inferring that you were hitting trouble even at off-peak times? (Apart from anything else, using a VPN wouldn't otherwise help.)

I have almost 600mbps but when im downloading anything from race department i get max 400 kbps download
1683482393075.png
1683482475684.png

That's interesting. Don't think I've come across that many problem reports from Australia but the peering arrangements for individual ISPs do appear to make a difference... :unsure:
Since you aren't Premium and will therefore be contending with the site being generally busy when the EU users are really hitting it, I am inferring that you were hitting trouble even at off-peak times? (Apart from anything else, using a VPN wouldn't otherwise help.)
That's correct :) Any time of day. The VPN instant fix though. It isn't always been like that though, but it has done it in the past, with VPN being the fix.

Yeah the premium has lapsed, I just can't get on the sim much at the moment :( sadly I didn't get to a single RD race.

**EDIT** For example, now, it's fine without the VPN :)

Last edited:
Even with premium, downloading items at 4am Eastern (Florida), I am barely breaking 700KB on my downloads, I have had multiple different ISPs since beginning my use of RD and it has always been the same speeds regardless of my situation.

We are working on new server solutions but this will not happen over night. Best to avoid peaktimes at weekends and you should have reasonable download speeds for now until we have a better infrastructure. We can only ask for your support and mostly patience.

Even with premium, downloading items at 4am Eastern (Florida), I am barely breaking 700KB on my downloads, I have had multiple different ISPs since beginning my use of RD and it has always been the same speeds regardless of my situation.
I've reviewed our logs and I'm entirely unable to understand the speeds you've been getting. It certainly isn't caused by congestion on the RD server, because (just as you thought) plenty of your downloads have occurred at times when the logs indicate that the server bandwidth wasn't overloaded.
It may be that the ISPs you've used have all somehow had bad connectivity with our ISP (i3D) or at least our corner of our ISP, but even that seems a little bizarre.
What sort of speeds do you achieve to other sites?
You could also try https://www.speedtest.net/ and use the "Change Server" button to perform a test via i3D's Rotterdam site (see pic) to see how it does - that might shed light on the issue.
1683750628029.png

I've reviewed our logs and I'm entirely unable to understand the speeds you've been getting. It certainly isn't caused by congestion on the RD server, because (just as you thought) plenty of your downloads have occurred at times when the logs indicate that the server bandwidth wasn't overloaded.
It may be that the ISPs you've used have all somehow had bad connectivity with our ISP (i3D) or at least our corner of our ISP, but even that seems a little bizarre.
What sort of speeds do you achieve to other sites?
You could also try https://www.speedtest.net/ and use the "Change Server" button to perform a test via i3D's Rotterdam site (see pic) to see how it does - that might shed light on the issue.
View attachment 662565
Apologize for the late reply, but when doing a speed test via that specific server I only get a 12.17 Mbps download.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 32 47.1%