You could also try https://www.speedtest.net/ and use the "Change Server" button to perform a test via i3D's Rotterdam site (see pic) to see how it does - that might shed light on the issue.
View attachment 662565
Update: it has been pointed out that the speedtest.net system defaults to testing with multiple download connections at the same time, so in order to try for an "apples vs apples" comparison, I recommend switching to "single" using the button in the pic below.
Anyone who gets good download speeds from the i3D Rotterdam speedtest.net server with this test, but yet gets poor download speeds from RD: please let us know so that we can investigate (and get the i3D team involved).

(You're welcome to speak up either way of course; e.g. we're interested to hear from people who get poor download speeds from that speedtest.net server but good speeds from other servers in the same part of the world, even if our chances of influencing things are much reduced.)
1697977577288.png

Update: it has been pointed out that the speedtest.net system defaults to testing with multiple download connections at the same time, so in order to try for an "apples vs apples" comparison, I recommend switching to "single" using the button in the pic below.
Anyone who gets good download speeds from the i3D Rotterdam speedtest.net server with this test, but yet gets poor download speeds from RD: please let us know so that we can investigate (and get the i3D team involved).

(You're welcome to speak up either way of course; e.g. we're interested to hear from people who get poor download speeds from that speedtest.net server but good speeds from other servers in the same part of the world, even if our chances of influencing things are much reduced.)
Just did some testing in northern Germany, Sunday, 7 pm UTC via WiFi on my Surface Pro 8.

1697989122895.png1697989168275.png
1697989307690.png

And with a non-premium-account of a friend at my PC:
1697990019600.png

Last edited:
Just did some testing in northern Germany, Sunday, 7 pm UTC via WiFi on my Surface Pro 8.
Nice one, thanks Rasmus. Our logs say that for each download the average speed was (all times in UTC):
Premium (incomplete download):
22/Oct/2023:15:41:07: 200 MB at 9821 kB/second
Non-premium:
22/Oct/2023:15:47:52: 222 MB at 7473 kB/second
22/Oct/2023:15:52:46: 222 MB at 8210 kB/second

Based on how our system is configured, my feeling is that the speed variation between Premium and non-Premium should just be down to "random" variations at speeds like these, but if you conclude that there's any consistent difference then we could take a closer look :thumbsup:

Based on how our system is configured, my feeling is that the speed variation between Premium and non-Premium should just be down to "random" variations at speeds like these, but if you conclude that there's any consistent difference then we could take a closer look :thumbsup:
Might very well be! I just thought I'd do a quick test to give a reference :D

Hey, given that you now have so many ads on Race Department that its load time for any page is measured in minutes, not seconds, why don't you now just toss out all the material on Race Department and just run ads. The useless website would then run much faster. Do you even care what you've done to the site? I imagine not.

The last weeks I have somedays very slow download speeds and often the message "network problems" when the download is broken. Any help? My network speed is ok, I tested it sometimes when these problems did happen.

The last weeks I have somedays very slow download speeds and often the message "network problems" when the download is broken. Any help? My network speed is ok, I tested it sometimes when these problems did happen.
Thanks for asking. I have been wondering if the issues with Deutsche Telekom were still present for any of our members - sounds like they are.
If you are willing to work with us (and i3D, our ISP), then we may be able to get to the bottom of what's afoot.
In the initial stages, this would likely involve running things like traceroute to understand the network path between you and our server. Are you interested in digging into it to (hopefully) solve the root cause?

I have the same issues again like the OP. For weeks it was really satisfying, got full d/l speed and maxed out bandwith. No issues. Then by sudden, your website was down for maintenance some days ago and since then, I download with 8.2 kb/s.

1706556204216.png

And yes, I use Deutsche Telekom.

Last edited:
Then by sudden, your website was down for maintenance some days ago and since then, I download with 8.2 kb/s.
OK, that's weird. Do you recall roughly what date that was? (We had an outage on 28/12/23 due to network issues at i3D - could that have been it?)
And same question to you as to the OP - are you happy to help us look into this by providing some trace (etc.) info?

Yes, sure I would be glad to help. Yes, the downtime was at that date. What I also encountered is, sometimes if a download is cancelled and immediately re-started, by sudden the download speed is at 100% (or nearly).
Excellent thanks. I've contacted i3D and will let you know once we have clarity on what they need. (If a traceroute is required I'll probably PM you.)

FWIW, this was my result; about 10% slower than local servers but adequate for my needs

speed.jpg

Usually when I have any issues here I just wait a couple of hours and return to find all is normal.

FWIW, this was my result; about 10% slower than local servers but adequate for my needs
Thanks for the data point, much appreciated :thumbsup:

I'm still trying to piece together what happens for people who experience abnormally slow downloads from RD while having good speeds on other sites. It sounds as though your RD download speeds are similar to what you get from other sites though?

Yes, my downloads here are comparable to most other sites (normal speed for me is 10meg down and 1meg up). A couple of weeks ago I went to download a 200meg file here and was only getting around 60k speed, canceled and tried again, same thing (would have been a several hour download); returned a few hours later and downloaded the file at around 2.1meg.

I only complain if I have a consistent problem; otherwise I consider I'm connecting from Ohio to Netherlands, who knows how many nodes the signal goes through along the way, a hiccup in any one can cause the connection to go to hell.

Yes, my downloads here are comparable to most other sites (normal speed for me is 10meg down and 1meg up). A couple of weeks ago I went to download a 200meg file here and was only getting around 60k speed, canceled and tried again, same thing (would have been a several hour download); returned a few hours later and downloaded the file at around 2.1meg.

I only complain if I have a consistent problem; otherwise I consider I'm connecting from Ohio to Netherlands, who knows how many nodes the signal goes through along the way, a hiccup in any one can cause the connection to go to hell.
OK thanks. If this ever happens again, I'm especially keen to know if the speeds you get from RD and from the i3D Rotterdam speedtest.net site are similarly low, or if the speeds from the latter are better :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.