For the default server I receive a 498.72 Mbps download.
OK good stuff. I recommend asking your ISP if they can assist with fixing (or explaining) the problem.

There's nothing we can do directly to cure it, but if you want to PM me a copy of the output of "tracert racedepartment.com" (I'm assuming you're in Windows; this can be run in a "cmd" window) then we can ask our own ISP to take a look as well.

1686513215519.png

Same issue here from germany.
I tried via VPN from different servers as well as without VPN.
Frustrating as hell atm!
1686513355590.png

1686513533657.png

And this is even more frustrating:
1686513806218.png

it doesnt even finish but brakes in between due to "network error" continue is not working either.
Sorry but....just NO

Last edited:
Same issue here from germany.
I tried via VPN from different servers as well as without VPN.
Frustrating as hell atm!
Many thanks for this report - it's really valuable to see the information about your download speeds as well as the speed test to i3D's Rotterdam server.

Sadly, I'm not surprised that you are having trouble with direct downloads, since DTAG customers have for years had trouble with RD downloads. This has been explained to us as being due to issues with some of the connections between DTAG and i3D (with neither of them being directly responsible for the problem and neither of them apparently being willing/able to fix it).

I'm very surprised however that (a) the VPN didn't help in your case and (b) the speed test to i3D in the same city showed a high value.
The speed test result makes me question the true source of the issues between RD and DTAG customers, so we will ask i3D to comment.
The lack of improvement with the VPN I'm totally unable to explain - are you really certain that it was active in the browser window doing the download? (You should have had download speeds several hundred times faster than you got, given that you're a Premium member.)

Hi, I'd like to add my experience to the mix, and hopefully get some help. My download speed for my internet connection (AT&T Gigabit Fiber, suburban USA) is typically around 850-950 Mbps down and up, but on Racedepartment only it has lately maxed out at about 4 kbps down. The site takes a little longer to load but I'm getting estimates of upwards of a day to download some files. This is very frustrating and greatly impacts the site, especially since competitors (and literally any other webpage I've accessed) do not come close to this slow a download speed. Any help or plans to fix? I like historic racing but don't miss the dial-up era.

Example:
1691011721464.png

1691011758299.png

Last edited:
Im having the same issues. I use to download things at normal speeds, but now its downloading at 15kb/s and takes like 5 hours to download something and then halfway through it will have an error and cancel the download. Very frustrating considering some mods are only available on here.

Hi, I'd like to add my experience to the mix, and hopefully get some help. My download speed for my internet connection (AT&T Gigabit Fiber, suburban USA) is typically around 850-950 Mbps down and up, but on Racedepartment only it has lately maxed out at about 4 kbps down. The site takes a little longer to load but I'm getting estimates of upwards of a day to download some files.
Im having the same issues. I use to download things at normal speeds, but now its downloading at 15kb/s and takes like 5 hours to download something and then halfway through it will have an error and cancel the download. Very frustrating considering some mods are only available on here.
Sorry for slow reply (have been on holiday).
I'm puzzled about this behaviour, as the speeds are ridiculously bad - dramatically lower than any users (including non-Premium) should see even at peak times.

Same questions to you both, while I ponder how to debug/investigate this:
- is the behaviour consistent?
- if not, what time of day is it best/worst?
- what speeds do you get from/to the i3D Rotterdam speedtest.com server? (See this post for info.)

Sorry for slow reply (have been on holiday).
I'm puzzled about this behaviour, as the speeds are ridiculously bad - dramatically lower than any users (including non-Premium) should see even at peak times.

Same questions to you both, while I ponder how to debug/investigate this:
- is the behaviour consistent?
- if not, what time of day is it best/worst?
- what speeds do you get from/to the i3D Rotterdam speedtest.com server? (See this post for info.)
The behavior is not consistent but it is incredibly slow far, far more often than not. Seems to be random with no time of day difference that I can detect. To i3D Rotterdam, its 426.02Mbps down and 256.78Mbps up via speedtest.com

The behavior is not consistent but it is incredibly slow far, far more often than not. Seems to be random with no time of day difference that I can detect. To i3D Rotterdam, its 426.02Mbps down and 256.78Mbps up via speedtest.com
OK thanks that's really useful to know.

If you'd be willing to PM me the output of "tracert racedepartment.com" (run from a CMD or PowerShell window) I will raise this directly with i3D. (They prefer to have some debugging information and a traceroute helps to get things started.)

For two years im having problems with download on the site and i can't handle this anymore and i was thinking it was my internet or other things causing this but no, with this thread i discovered that the fault is on the site.
- My downloads speed is abismal slow, 300 kbp/s at max, every other place is 47 mbp/s;
- Its a lottery if my download is gonna go fine or will fail, and fails every 9/10 times;
- If i dare to download a second resource its guaranteed that both downloads will fail.
So in resume, terrible downloads speed, downloads taking too long and failing every time, i can't download two resources in the same time anymore, and in top of all of this the site is full of ads and pop-ups turning the experience of using this site horrible. If all of this is to force me to pay for a 'premium bullshit' well its never gonna work and i hope that a new alternative to download resources to racing games appears soon. I have been here since 2014 and the site has only got worse with a bunch of ****.

My time is limited. I'm a volunteer. I've posted many times in this thread with information, and those posts can be found very easily by using the search icon at the top right corner of the screen (magnifying glass), entering my username and choosing "this thread" (see pic). I believe it'll show the posts starting with the most recent, which is ideal.

People who post in this thread with polite requests can expect me to engage and seek ways to assist them when I have a moment available. People who post angry rants... not so much.

I will mention again that we have an upgrade inbound, which should make a significant difference to speeds (though most upgrades have initial teething problems).

1693064385389.png

So my location is Germany in case that matters, and my max download speed from racedepartment is around 60kb/s which makes downloading mods very long on other sites I don't have any problems with downloading so I decided to ask about it since I'm just tired of waiting like 3-4 hours for a 200mb mod to download
Is it my fault and is there any fix to that or is it something from racedepartment like the servers being overloaded etc.?

Is it my fault and is there any fix to that or is it something from racedepartment like the servers being overloaded etc.?
Hi. I just moved your post to this existing thread where the subject has been discussed recently.
In short, no it's not your fault. You are unlucky enough that your ISP (Deutsche Telekom) has connectivity issues with our ISP (i3D) which seem really bad at peak times. You ought to have faster downloads at off-peak times (when EU folk are at work or asleep). I very much hope that this issue is somewhat or even fully resolved when our upgrade comes online soon.
i have the exact same
Your problem is less obvious to me and may be simply the current congestion. What speeds are you seeing? I'd have expected you to get much higher speeds than the member above (albeit still affected by congestion at peak times), because your ISP has no known (to me) issues with our site.

Hi. I just moved your post to this existing thread where the subject has been discussed recently.
In short, no it's not your fault. You are unlucky enough that your ISP (Deutsche Telekom) has connectivity issues with our ISP (i3D) which seem really bad at peak times. You ought to have faster downloads at off-peak times (when EU folk are at work or asleep). I very much hope that this issue is somewhat or even fully resolved when our upgrade comes online soon.

Your problem is less obvious to me and may be simply the current congestion. What speeds are you seeing? I'd have expected you to get much higher speeds than the member above (albeit still affected by congestion at peak times), because your ISP has no known (to me) issues with our site.
Alright thank you very much for telling me that and I guess I now just gonna download at midnight or at early morning

@dam
Alright thank you very much for telling me that and I guess I now just gonna download at midnight or at early morning
You can try a download manager which should allow you schedule these so you can have things run when you are asleep or at work.
They would also allow resuming failed downloads, etc.

So my location is Germany in case that matters, and my max download speed from racedepartment is around 60kb/s which makes downloading mods very long on other sites I don't have any problems with downloading so I decided to ask about it since I'm just tired of waiting like 3-4 hours for a 200mb mod to download
i have the exact same
We've made a few changes recently, and I'm interested to hear if you (and indeed anyone else reading this thread) has seen improvements, or if the download speeds are still slower than you'd expect.

• Deleted member 3660696

You're premium though, so you're getting your part of the separate bandwidth reserved for us.
Multiple accounts aren't allows so you can't this.
I paid for premium today too but it doesn't seem to have helped any

I paid for premium today too but it doesn't seem to have helped any
Please reply from your original account @AlexJKendall96 (you're only allowed one account on the site).
Neither of your accounts has Premium membership, so something may have gone wrong there.
When you download files, what speeds are you seeing with and without the VPN?

Edit: would be interesting also to hear what speeds you get if you try https://www.speedtest.net/ and select the i3D server in Rotterdam by using the "Change Server" button.
If you are able to PM me the output of "tracert www.racedepartment.com" (run from within a Command Prompt window) that might help us to further investigate.

Last edited:
Please reply from your original account @AlexJKendall96 (you're only allowed one account on the site).
Neither of your accounts has Premium membership, so something may have gone wrong there.
When you download files, what speeds are you seeing with and without the VPN?

Edit: would be interesting also to hear what speeds you get if you try https://www.speedtest.net/ and select the i3D server in Rotterdam by using the "Change Server" button.
If you are able to PM me the output of "tracert www.racedepartment.com" (run from within a Command Prompt window) that might help us to further investigate.
Updating this @AlexJKendall96 - I can see that you had pretty healthy download speeds yesterday. Please be aware that while it helps with speeds, you should no longer need Premium to get decent speeds*, so if that was the only reason you paid for it then please consider requesting a refund. If on the other hand you're happy to help support the site and have the ad-free experience, then all the better of course ;)

I'm still keen to hear how your speedtest results compare to your download speeds from RD (most easily assessed when you download one mod at a time).

[* And if the root cause of poor speeds is an issue between your ISP and ours, upgrading to Premium won't even help.]

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.