Lol - so I've to turn the night into day and download from RD, when the rest of the world is sleeping.
Hehe, not quite - by the time of your post this morning, the congestion had only just set in again. (Weekday mornings are of course a much easier scenario, but of course that's when (and because) most of us are otherwise engaged.)

Although @Neilski has said in the past that download managers don't work at their best on the RD downloads they can allow you to schedule downloads of larger files.
I use one and can download the larger files while I'm asleep if I know that I'd have a slow connection at peak times.

Same here. Is it any faster if you sign up for premium or is it still slow?

From a post I did earlier in the thread:
Let's say someone has 10000 GBP*. Then at Saturday evening. 20000 people* are wanting to share those 10000 GBP*. That's not much left to each person. Then consider some of those 20000 people* have paid to become a premium member of a place, they obviously would want some extras for that.

So now someone has 10000 GBP*. However, they have split it to two pots. One regular pot of 7500 GBP*, and one premium pot of 2500 GBP*.
The same people show up to share those 10000 GBP*. However, 2000* of those are premium members. So those 2000* share the pot of 2500 GBP*, while the 18000* non premiums share a pot of 7500 GBP*.

That's bascially what happens when you download anything from any site in the world. There is a set bandwith, and that is shared among X amount of people. If the number of people is low enough compared to bandwith, is the users own internet speed that will be the limit. If the number of people are too high compared to the bandwith that limits.

* Numbers totally made up, but it is to illustrate how it works in quite broad, simple terms.

So, premium members have a bigger "pot" per user than normal users. However, at peak-hours, even Premium members will experience lower speed than what we all ideally want to.

From a post I did earlier in the thread:
Let's say someone has 10000 GBP*. Then at Saturday evening. 20000 people* are wanting to share those 10000 GBP*. That's not much left to each person. Then consider some of those 20000 people* have paid to become a premium member of a place, they obviously would want some extras for that.

So now someone has 10000 GBP*. However, they have split it to two pots. One regular pot of 7500 GBP*, and one premium pot of 2500 GBP*.
The same people show up to share those 10000 GBP*. However, 2000* of those are premium members. So those 2000* share the pot of 2500 GBP*, while the 18000* non premiums share a pot of 7500 GBP*.

That's bascially what happens when you download anything from any site in the world. There is a set bandwith, and that is shared among X amount of people. If the number of people is low enough compared to bandwith, is the users own internet speed that will be the limit. If the number of people are too high compared to the bandwith that limits.

* Numbers totally made up, but it is to illustrate how it works in quite broad, simple terms.

So, premium members have a bigger "pot" per user than normal users. However, at peak-hours, even Premium members will experience lower speed than what we all ideally want to.

I'll give premium a shot to see if it improves. Thank you

I'll give premium a shot to see if it improves. Thank you
It's not guaranteed to work but it makes a massive difference for most people.
Let us know if your problems continue and I can review the logs (and note that Bram is invariably happy to refund Premium if it doesn't work out for you).

It's not guaranteed to work but it makes a massive difference for most people.
Let us know if your problems continue and I can review the logs (and note that Bram is invariably happy to refund Premium if it doesn't work out for you).

Thanks it seems to have worked. The downloads are much quicker this morning. At the end of the month I'll just go ahead and sub for the full year.

I started downloading mods for f1 2022, but my doanload speed is 10x slower that the first pack i downloaded. Is there a account upgrade for faster download or something else?

i want to downl;oad something but since yesterday it tooks way more loger than normal over 20 minutes! where it was first just 2 minutes or something and by that halfway or something it just canceling it just not downloading anymore, please solve this

I started downloading mods for f1 2022, but my doanload speed is 10x slower that the first pack i downloaded. Is there a account upgrade for faster download or something else?
i want to downl;oad something but since yesterday it tooks way more loger than normal over 20 minutes! where it was first just 2 minutes or something and by that halfway or something it just canceling it just not downloading anymore, please solve this
Downloading at off-peak times or upgrading to Premium is probably your best option until we cure the bottleneck.

PLEASE! IT'S FRUSTRATING TO LEAVE A DOWNLOAD FOR HOURS FOR IT TO FAIL FOR NO REASON!

I DO NOT ASK FOR A DECENT SPEED GREATER THAN 40KB/S, I ONLY ASK THAT IF IT IS DOWNLOADING IT DOESN'T FAIL

MORE THAN AN HOUR CONTROLLING HOW IT LOWERS WITHOUT DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WITH THE PC SO THAT IT ENDS UP FAILING...

please fix your servers problem ASAP, or encourage modders to use other servers like Meadiafire or Mega as download alternative

I ask it with the best intention

I DO NOT ASK FOR A DECENT SPEED GREATER THAN 40KB/S, I ONLY ASK THAT IF IT IS DOWNLOADING IT DOESN'T FAIL
We can't control download failures, but they may happen more frequently when the site is really congested. However they may also indicate issues with your connection to our site from your location (your ISP, ours, or anywhere in between).

Right now though, the site is exiting the worst of the daily congestion, since Europe is going to bed. This should mean that you get decent download speeds from now until bed time in Argentina...

1681314583634.png

:thumbsup: Laughable.
4pm on a Thursday afternoon. Good to see the 'Weekend' starts early for some

Last edited:
View attachment 654994

:thumbsup: Laughable.
4pm on a Thursday afternoon. Good to see the 'Weekend' starts early for some
Yup, though it's Wednesday where I live ;-P
I suspect that more people than usual are on holiday today but for sure the download speeds are indeed not what we want them to be. As Bram as said in a few posts, the merger with Overtake.gg will lead to improvements in the coming months.

I wonder, is there a tier that forums/topics content > download traffic? Having a slow D/L means patience but waiting for the topics to be loaded, especially if multiple images are embedded is much more annoying (to me at least).
So, I am just curious if RD handles it tier-wise or not or if it might be something for the future.

I wonder, is there a tier that forums/topics content > download traffic? Having a slow D/L means patience but waiting for the topics to be loaded, especially if multiple images are embedded is much more annoying (to me at least).
So, I am just curious if RD handles it tier-wise or not or if it might be something for the future.
If I am understanding you correctly, then the answer is yes; forum pages and embedded images have a generous bandwidth allocation and take priority (to a point) over download traffic. It doesn't always seem to function perfectly however (e.g. images still download slowly at times) but I've not been able to pin down the source of the imperfect behaviour.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 124 85.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 50 34.5%