I'm getting around 15 - 20 Mb in the UK 10:13 GMT
330Mb download in under 20 seconds.

I'm not saying that people aren't getting slow speeds but it's not simply all down to the RD servers and their connection to the outside world.
You're premium though, so you're getting your part of the separate bandwidth reserved for us.
Multiple accounts aren't allows so you can't this.

I have the same s*** right now, slow as usual, and I have to keep restarting it as it keeps failing. I'm in South Africa so it's totally unrelated to UK or Virgin. All other sites always work fine and are fast, so this is clearly an issue on RD's side. Maybe your host's ISP is being a donkey.

Have a question, with what speed it should download without premium? Cuz for almost everyday when trying to download something it reach max 60-70KB/s.

Have a question, with what speed it should download without premium? Cuz for almost everyday when trying to download something it reach max 60-70KB/s.
Off peak, you might easily see in excess of 10 MB/s (equiv. to 80 Mbits/s). At peak times it can currently be pretty ugly, with speeds sometimes dipping well below 100 kB/s (equiv. to 800 kbits/s).

Next off-peak window (presuming you don't want to stay up into the small hours) will be tomorrow morning for you - if you get your downloads done by 10:00 CET then it should be a breeze. After that things will likely get a little more tricky.

I saw modders already using external sites to host their mods. Like Peter Boese did now with Sol. Its a pity you guys can't fix this stuff. Took me like 5 minutes just to download the 3.2 mb pdf file lol. Pathetic!
Yeah, we're very busy today, as always on a Sunday. (However, our server log says your download took 47 seconds.)

As you've heard multiple times already, we are working on it. As sites grow, they can hit growing pains. Some sites on the internet fit the description of "small enough to be run by a bunch of volunteers on a single server" and then there are sites that are more in the "big enough to have a bunch of professionals running it on large distributed systems". You can probably fill in the blanks.

I am tired of trying to download mods from this page, not only because they download at a ridiculously slow speed, but many times the downloads fail for no reason, and I will be waiting between 20 and 40 minutes for a simple car or a simple track for 20 %, 40% 98% it freezes the download and fails causing the download to have to start from scratch again... and no, it's not a problem with my internet or my pc, I do loads of downloads from other pages and I never have the problems that downloading from their servers presents me.

With services like this I don't want to pay for the premium service. In fact, on top of the bad service of downloads, the advertising on the page slows down my PC, so it doesn't encourage me to deactivate adblock either... I'm sorry, I would like to support them even with ads, but why would I have to support them, because as always, People from Europe or the USA never take into account other countries in the world such as Latin American countries.

And besides, I don't think the problem is because the server is in Europe, since I've played online on European servers in Assetto Corsa and I've played perfectly. And I have downloaded from other pages with servers in Germany, Taiwan and Russia and the download is perfect from start to finish taking advantage of the bandwidth of my house, it cannot be that with this page the maximum download is hopefully 75kb/s and with a high probability that the download fails, having to download from scratch something that should not take more than 2 minutes.

If they fix the problem that the downloads fail, I disable the adblock, and if they fix the horrible download speed to a more decent, even if it is limited but more consistent than 20-75kb/s I pay for the premium membership.

I am tired of trying to download mods from this page, not only because they download at a ridiculously slow speed, but many times the downloads fail for no reason, and I will be waiting between 20 and 40 minutes for a simple car or a simple track for 20 %, 40% 98% it freezes the download and fails causing the download to have to start from scratch again
Slow downloads - yeah, that's probably on us, since the server is overloaded. Failing downloads is not so frequently experienced (judging from our logs), so it actually may be something at your end, or an issue with the connectivity between your ISP and ours.
Until we fix the speed issue, given that you're in Argentina you should still be able to get decent speeds without Premium (and hopefully less chance of a failed download) if you're able to stay up until after the Europeans have gone to bed, typically some time between 00:00 GMT and 02:00 GMT, depending on the day of the week.

Sad truth: with an overloaded server, if we permit resumption of partial downloads, we get nice people using download managers to download many pieces of files in parallel, taking many times their share of download speed and making things worse for everyone else... :(

Hello.
I don´t know why, but my downloads on RaceDepartment are going very slow.
Can any one to help me please ?

Thank you so much
IMG20230218195901.jpg

My download is averaging 100kb/s and keeps failing, I tried downloading a map for about 2-3 hours now. Even bought premium out of pure desperation lol (didn't change anything). No matter which internet provider I use the download is still slow. Anything I could do to have a remotely normal speed and a download that doesn't fail halfway through please ?

I don´t know why, but my downloads on RaceDepartment are going very slow.
See above; in short, the site is simply overwhelmed with downloads at peak times. While we fix this (see News) you can either try off-peak times or see if Premium helps you - it does for most but not all users (see below!).
My download is averaging 100kb/s and keeps failing, I tried downloading a map for about 2-3 hours now. Even bought premium out of pure desperation lol (didn't change anything). No matter which internet provider I use the download is still slow. Anything I could do to have a remotely normal speed and a download that doesn't fail halfway through please ?
OK, this is very odd... I've never seen this type of problem with your ISP before. A small number of ISPs have exhibited connectivity issues with our ISP (and it's not always easy to work out who is at fault, even assuming it's one of the ISPs themselves), but I'm not sure if that's what's going on here. Basically I'm sorry to say I don't understand why it isn't working correctly for you. Clutching at straws: maybe try again with a different browser.
I see from our logs that you did manage to download a small mod successfully in the small hours of the morning, but that should have been the case even if you didn't have Premium of course...
You can certainly request a refund of your Premium subscription by using the "contact us" button at the bottom of the page.

About 100kb/s in avarage downloading here in Germany! Mhh, fast servers cost money - so I really don't expect highspeed downloads of 1GB within a minute. But the current speed is like from stoneage. I understand that the server can be overloaded at some times. But I tried at different times with amost the same poor result. And it's definitifely not on my end. Have the fastest connection available in Germany (exept glasfibre) and downloads of similar size from other sites barely need more than one or two minutes incomparison to more than 1 1/2 hours here. What makes me wonder: I really can't remember that it was such bad when I downloaded files from RD about 1 or 2 years ago.

About 100kb/s in avarage downloading here in Germany! Mhh, fast servers cost money - so I really don't expect highspeed downloads of 1GB within a minute. But the current speed is like from stoneage. I understand that the server can be overloaded at some times. But I tried at different times with amost the same poor result. And it's definitifely not on my end. Have the fastest connection available in Germany (exept glasfibre) and downloads of similar size from other sites barely need more than one or two minutes incomparison to more than 1 1/2 hours here. What makes me wonder: I really can't remember that it was such bad when I downloaded files from RD about 1 or 2 years ago.
Nope, it certainly wasn't this bad 2 years ago, but I guess RD became more popular and maybe average downloads got bigger. Any which way, our network link is saturated at peak times. And sadly your ISP (DT) is one of the small number which have connectivity issues with ours. This means that I'd expect a decent chance that even a Premium subscription might not help you; your main remedy will be to pick off-peak times until we fix our speed issue. (As you may have read, we are joining forces with Overtake.gg which should move the goalposts on that!)

Nope, it certainly wasn't this bad 2 years ago, but I guess RD became more popular and maybe average downloads got bigger. Any which way, our network link is saturated at peak times. And sadly your ISP (DT) is one of the small number which have connectivity issues with ours. This means that I'd expect a decent chance that even a Premium subscription might not help you; your main remedy will be to pick off-peak times until we fix our speed issue. (As you may have read, we are joining forces with Overtake.gg which should move the goalposts on that!)
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately it takes half an eternity to download a bigger file, but at least the connection seems to be stable for me and doesn't abort the download. It's really strange that some ISP have difficulties to connect with a specific server.
Lol - so I've to turn the night into day and download from RD, when the rest of the world is sleeping.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.1%