Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

New in the public folder is a Bmt to XML converter.... http://www.mediafire.com/download/3h9cv6ej2crzikh/bmt2xml-master-2b3c655_FIXED.zip
Crowtrobot was kind enough to correct a couple of errors that were generated by the tool, due to format changes from when the old tool was created.

The converter requires linux or a linux terminal.
usage...
./bmt2xml Material_Name.BMT

A text dump to terminal occurs and you can paste that into a new MTX file and your done.
Easy way to get the new file instead of copying and pasting is to redirect the output of the program to the .mtx file.

Usage would be:
./bmt2xml Material_Name.BMT >> Material_Name.MTX

Just a little bit of a time saver :)

It looks like our upcoming release is going to be a three car pack:
1. ruf RT35 2. RT35S both with updated physics
and
3. brand new Porsche 911R
JDougNY and I are planning to let these cars out after the new mod-fixing patch is rolled out by SMS.
To make the rgt8-based cockpits distinct I've been playing with interior materials and here's what the three vehicles are going to look like:
rt35
perxk6dn12a67d06g.jpg

rt35s
kul9kncqzq12k756g.jpg

and finally 911R
25978dde684bd4n6g.jpg

y4r81knuw7mpb5j6g.jpg

CDV file driver position adjustments
0x34-0x37 = Exterior Lateral adjust for driver (more positive = more left)
0x38-0x3B = Exterior Vertical adjust for driver (more positive = more up)
0x3C-0x3F = Exterior Fore/Aft adjust for driver (more positive = more Aft)
0x40-0x43 = Cockpit Lateral adjust for driver (more positive = more left)
0x44-0x47 = Cockpit Vertical adjust for driver (more positive = more up)
0x48-0x4B = Cockpit Fore/Aft adjust for driver (more positive = more Aft)

All data is in float and entered as Little Endian

@JD,

Are you sure this is correct? because for me, those positions contain 0s, unless the driver is in the default position I suppose. I did some other testing with the values in the file and could not get the position to move.

Also, v10.2 has been released with revisions to the mod code. I haven't had time to test yet though so I will get back with what I found over the coming days. I might also be digging my way into SMS to let us have some info for tracks but I guess we just have to wait.

@LamboMantisMan23
The CDV positions are correct. As you stated, your driver is in the default 0,0,0 position. I've been adjusting drivers in numerous cars, so it's been verified over and over again.

Patch V10.2.....I'm currently moving a 3 car package from GVSE into the current game. Since the cars are a mix of new body parts and cloned parts, the results are mixed. Have to unpack some files that were able to stay packed in V9.1 game.
On another car that was not a clone, it seems that the dummy BFFs are still needed...game crashed without them. The turbo works and the cockpit is there....so that's all good.

Just a quick note to those modding the game. For addon cars, the game now preloads some assets during startup. So, any "Live" edits made to those files are ignored. An exit out of game and restart is the only way to get some edits to update (when this wasn't necessary before).
By "Live" edits I mean...leaving the game running, deactivating the mod, editing something (physics file, CSD, etc, etc), reactivating the mod and jumping right back into the game (without a restart) to test edits.
This need to exit and restart bogs me down, especially when I also use livetrace recording to verify things like Aero/Drag while driving on a track (followed by "live" CDFbin adjustments). Well, there are many "live" edits that I perform. For myself, I'm going to use V9.1 version of game to develop mods, then when 100% complete, move into current game. Might be useful to others to work this way, too.
Really glad SMS has made modding "easier"....yeah...ok

As one of the people involved in advising on and testing these cars I know that the plan is to make all of them compatible with patch 10. It will take some time, though, so have patience please. :)

Problem ! F458 crash on load ! I re install Pcars, the 911R it's OK but not the F458, i don't understand ! Jon Vapp can you help me ?

Please specify: on load of what: game? car in garage? car on track?
What I can suggest is deactivating the mod, making sure any leftover files are removed (check the Ferrari_458 folder in the pcars/vehicles directory) and reactivating the mod with jsgme. Also, can you copy and paste your mods.txt file?
I also think that now that NoGrip is hosting these conversions you can post problems in the threads dedicated to each mod: things will not get lost in this thread (which is already pretty hefty).

Ferrari 458 has just received an update (32bit version was added: use it if you run the 32bit version of the game [pcars.exe; not pcars64.exe])

downloads at mediafire public folder and NoGrip
Hi Jon, thank you/Doug/gvse for the 458, great work. I've tried it a few days ago, and there seems to be something off with the gearbox: downshifting seems fine, but there's no automatic throttle cut while going up, this means if you set manual clutch you're going to have to lift the throttle while upshifting, otherwise it will over-rev. Don't know exactly how to fix that myself, but I would suggest checking if it is currently set as a dual-clutch gearbox (if there's such a thing in the files), although the gear changes themselves seem pretty fast, it just doesn't cut the throttle on upshifting.

... there seems to be something off with the gearbox: downshifting seems fine, but there's no automatic throttle cut while going up
Ok, I see what's going on. I had put 150ms into the shift delay and that's causing the engine to rev up right at the moment when the auto clutch is engaging. So, I'll revise things to pull the delay out of upshift and add about +100ms into the clutchtime as that seems to be fixing the issue. I'll also make an adjustment to the downshift as I see something similar to what you describe.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.