Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

@JDougNY Sorry to be a nuisance, but my vdfm edits just don't work. I cloned the McLaren F1 vdfm due to it being naturally aspirated so no turbo names and so on and edited it accordingly. Here is what I have:

Untitled.png

As you can see, I edited the string and the string length from 11 to 17. The length of McLaren_F1 is 10, and the entry in the file was 11, so I assumed it was 1 add whatever the length, hence 17. And I get crashes in garage and on track. All values seem to be 0 in the string location bytes so I left them like that. Hopefully you can see what I'm doing wrong

@LamboMantisMan23
Ok...let's start from the beginning and walk through it. Original byte length allowed for string section of McLaren F1 is "0B" in decimal (11 bytes), which is address 0x18.
Since your new name is longer, you would insert additional bytes into the file to make more room.
You would increase the value at address 0x18 by the number of bytes you inserted.
Looks like you need a total of 25 bytes, which would mean inserting 14 bytes and changing the value at address 0x18 to "19" (25 bytes).
You want to have a zero byte at the end or your filename(s) in the VDFM

@JDougNY Added two bytes of 00 00 and still infitnite load in garage. When I delete the save, the car loads fine until I actually select it. Then freeze, then crash.

This is in the physics debug after the crash:

[19:46:39:481][0x0000181c] [Info ] [PhysicsParticipantManager::Loading] Spawning car in physics Lamborghini_Aventador_SV
[19:46:39:481][0x0000181c] [Info ] [PhysicsParticipantManager::CreatePhysicsParticipant] CreatePhysicsParticipant App ID 0 -> Physics array index 0
[19:46:39:481][0x0000181c] [Info ] [PhysicsParticipant::Spawn] PhysicsParticipant::Spawn
[19:46:39:482][0x0000181c] [Info ] [MemoryFile::ReadOpen] failed to load vehicles/Physics/Chassis/.cdfbin resource, error 6
[19:46:39:482][0x0000181c] [Info ] [MemoryFile::ReadOpen] failed to load vehicles/Physics/Chassis/.cdfbin resource, error 6
[19:46:39:482][0x0000181c] [Info ] [MemoryFile::ReadOpen] failed to load resource, error 6

Ok....I thought the game would see the extra 2 bytes as simple padding. Have 16 bytes inserted and change address 0x18 to "1b". Just tested on my side and it works.

Hello again!
GvsE, JDougNY/Willie Spinnit and Jon Vapp strike again ;)
We give you an update of Aston Martin DB9: updated to game version 10.3. Links:
Mediafire and soon
Nogrip

What's new in version 1.20:
- Added wiper mask/trails to exterior front glass
- Created all original paint colors per S2U
- (physics) Changed suspension motion ratio and default bump/rebound rates
- (physics) enabled caster tuning
- added 32bit version of the car
**** Reset tuning at each track, due to caster and damping rate changes *****
Enjoy!

911R
In the upcoming update we are planning to introduce a few visual improvements like rescaled carbon parts of the cockpit, new all-carbon gearstick, improved 911R TV display logo, new mirrors, and 911r vents cover on the boot (unfortunately the wing will remain for now as is, i.e. non-animated rgt8 bit). A couple of happy snaps:
911.15.jpg pCARS64 2016-05-03 12-03-42-74.jpg

@Hobbnob
Some people were looking for unpacked files other than vehicle files. If you release a car and want to provide a 32bit version, the unpacked 32bit HRDFpersistent would be of use for you, though.

Tiremod.rg: Something seems broken in the Hard coding. I made a complete tyre set. All "record" entries used new names that began with JDoug_xxxx. So, I had new Carcass, new treads (3 different compounds), new front/rear heating, and the 3 pairs of tyre sets for the car (summer, street-med and track-soft for front and rear). The game hangs when loading to track. Also, no tyre options are available in the setup section of the main menu.
This is what I had in the file for testing purposes (maybe I did something wrong?)....
Code:
# Road tire. Roughly 245/35 for cars around 1500kg
RECORD JDoug-Road-245-35 FRC-R1-Template
    load_stiffness                    0.80e5
    load_stiffness_per_pressure        1.00
    profile                            35
    long_center_stiffness              "10.0e5 1.0e4"
    sidewall                        "4.9e5 5.5e3 4.9e5 1.0"
    tread                            "4.9e5 4.9e5 4.7e5"
    layer                            "4.0e6 3.0e6"
    carcass_heating                    0.3
    long_flex_bite                    1.3
    inflation_shape                    "200000.0 270000.0 320000.0"

RECORD street_JDoug_V1 STREET_R_COMPOUND
    Cdef_lofreq "0.5 4.0 0.001 1.0"
    Cdef "0.70 0.001"
    Cadh "0.50 25.0"
    Ctear 0.33
    channel_coverage 0.35
    Ctack "0.55 0.55 1.0"
    Cwear 1.8e-10
    temp_ideal "95.0 30.0"
    temp_falloff "0.001 0.001 0.001 0.003"
    temp_limit "100.0 75.0"
    seta_scale "1.0 0.65"

RECORD street_JDoug_V2 STREET_R_COMPOUND
    Cdef_lofreq "0.5 4.0 0.001 1.0"
    Cdef "0.70 0.001"
    Cadh "0.50 25.0"
    Ctear 0.33
    channel_coverage 0.35
    Ctack "0.55 0.55 1.0"
    Cwear 1.8e-10
    temp_ideal "95.0 30.0"
    temp_falloff "0.001 0.001 0.001 0.003"
    temp_limit "100.0 75.0"
    seta_scale "1.0 0.65"

RECORD JDoug_GT3_V3 INTERMEDIATE_GT3
    Cwear 4.0e-10
    temp_limit "105.0 60.0"
    seta_scale "1.0 0.75"
    flash "3.0e-5 0.85 0.0"
    #wear_overflow    0.08

RECORD JDoug_front_heat heat_network
    model "HeatModelI.Network"
    carcass_to_air    20.0
    air_to_air            "10.0 10.0"
    brake_to_air        50.0
    rim_to_air            10.0

RECORD JDoug_rear_heat heat_network
    model "HeatModelI.Network"
    carcass_to_air    20.0
    air_to_air            "10.0 5.0"
    brake_to_air        50.0
    rim_to_air            10.0

RECORD JDoug_Summer seta_tire
    name "JDoug All Weather"
    model "TireI.Seta"
  tags "GT3RS_16, Wet, Street, front, default"
    tread_config street_JDoug_V1
    carcass_config JDoug-Road-245-35
    heat_config JDoug_front_heat

RECORD JDoug_Summer_R seta_tire
    name "JDoug All Weather-Rear"
    model "TireI.Seta"
  tags "GT3RS_16, Wet, Street, rear, default"
    tread_config street_JDoug_V1
    heat_config JDoug_rear_heat

RECORD JDoug_Extreme_Summer seta_tire
    name "JDoug Street-Medium"
    model "TireI.Seta"
  tags "GT3RS_16, Medium, Street, front"
    tread_config street_JDoug_V2

RECORD JDoug_Extreme_Summer_R seta_tire
    name "JDoug Street-Medium-Rear"
    model "TireI.Seta"
  tags "GT3RS_16, Medium, Street, rear"
    tread_config street_JDoug_V2

RECORD JDoug_Track seta_tire
    name "JDoug Track-Soft"
    model "TireI.Seta"
  tags "GT3RS_16, Soft, Street, front"
    tread_config JDoug_GT3_V3

RECORD JDoug_Track_R seta_tire
    name "JDoug Track-Soft-Rear"
    model "TireI.Seta"
  tags "GT3RS_16, Soft, Street, rear"
    tread_config JDoug_GT3_V3
Clone cars: The RT35/RT35S mod we released are examples of the new way of cloning cars. Basically, everything is unpacked into its' own folder and consistent naming is used for all files. I started by unpacking RUF RGT8 exterior and cockpit. Made a vehicle folder named "RUF_RT35 and tossed all of the files in. Then renamed all of the files from "RUF_RGT8" to "RUF_RT35". I wanted a clean look to the files so I even renamed the materials to RUF_RT35. I opened each meb with a hex editor and searched for the text "Vehicle", then edited the folder and filenames to reflect the vehicle folder and material names. For the physics files, they were named to match the folder and file naming used for mebs, materials, CRD and other pertinent files.
Should you continue to have problems with the clone/copied cars, you can send you project car to me via p.m. and I'll look things over.

Well the new clone car process is a ballache and if all that is mandatory then I guess it's time to start looking to other games for me. Pre 10.0 all I had to do was copy/rename the crd/cgp stuff, get a csd and then address/create a new physics model. All the unpacking and renaming stuff is the straw that broke the camel's back for me, I have enough trouble getting it working as it is :p

The tire front is interesting, I couldn't even get a new .rg file to load into the game, nevermind crashing it. What was your process?

Well the new clone car process is a ballache and if all that is mandatory then I guess it's time to start looking to other games for me. Pre 10.0 all I had to do was copy/rename the crd/cgp stuff, get a csd and then address/create a new physics model. All the unpacking and renaming stuff is the straw that broke the camel's back for me, I have enough trouble getting it working as it is :p

The tire front is interesting, I couldn't even get a new .rg file to load into the game, nevermind crashing it. What was your process?
Yeah...the original RUF RT35/RT35S clones by GVSE left pretty much everything packed in the source BFFs. He only had a few actual mebs where he had made some changes to the model(s).
The one thing I wanted to do was rework the physics of most original cars in pCars via my unlocker. After patch 10, I would now have to clone those original cars with a different name, just to change the physics. That's just too much work and there would be two of every car in the vehicle list; one on original physics and the other on my physics.

For the tiremod.rg, all I was doing for the test was grabbing various elements of the Masculin road tyres. Copy a carcass, copy three treads/compounds, copy a heat model, then create the tyre sets (All Weather, Medium, soft) to pull it all together.
In the game, it seemed that all of the new "Record" entries were not being pulled into the game from the tiremod.rg, and I had each one named differently than any original "Record" entries in tire.rg.
The game would hang when loading to track at the point where it was parsing for my tyres ..such as "JDoug Street-Medium"

Yeah...the original RUF RT35/RT35S clones by GVSE left pretty much everything packed in the source BFFs. He only had a few actual mebs where he had made some changes to the model(s).
The one thing I wanted to do was rework the physics of most original cars in pCars via my unlocker. After patch 10, I would now have to clone those original cars with a different name, just to change the physics. That's just too much work and there would be two of every car in the vehicle list; one on original physics and the other on my physics.

For the tiremod.rg, all I was doing for the test was grabbing various elements of the Masculin road tyres. Copy a carcass, copy three treads/compounds, copy a heat model, then create the tyre sets (All Weather, Medium, soft) to pull it all together.
In the game, it seemed that all of the new "Record" entries were not being pulled into the game from the tiremod.rg, and I had each one named differently than any original "Record" entries in tire.rg.
The game would hang when loading to track at the point where it was parsing for my tyres ..such as "JDoug Street-Medium"

I was already cloning the original cars under a new name because I run in a league and I want to run original physics for those cars, but the process has stopped working post 10.0. Now that I remember, the rocket bunny scion was actually visible past the infinite load in the garage so it's loading the visuals fine without me having to unpack the bff and rename the model/texture files, but it wouldn't load the chassis file so that was that.

With the tire.rg, it sounds like less of it loading and crashing the game and more the game simply not assigning a tire. It'll crash if it doesn't have a tire assigned to it with the 'default' tag, and in my own tests the game wasn't crashing simply because I also had a default tire on it from the original file

Hello people!
We have another update of the s2u to pcars conversion: Aston V8 Vantage.
NoGrip (pending approval)
Our Mediafire folder (car version 1.20: compatible with game patch 10.3)

Change-log:
V1.20
- Created all original paint colors per S2U, plus additional paint colors
- Replaced exterior and cockpit steeringwheel models with slightly higher poly count versions
- (physics) relocated pushrods and changed default damping rates
- (physics) added caster tuning ability to tuning menu
- (physics) aero adjustments and change to rear tyre grip
- Made 32bit version of car

thank's a lot for your work jon vapp, dont't forget the others cars, especialy lambo gallardo, whith your work the game is more intersting and alive. whating for new cars, thank you again!!

Hi folks,
some 911 R news:
I've been working on the boot so that it looks just like on the real car, and I'm happy to say that it looks very promising! JDougNY took care of making it move.
Also managed to fix the flicker of bumpers (on some tracks if you follow AI cars you can observe that), and realigned the edges of the front bumper so that it fits like a glove now. Anyway, here's what will be included in the upcoming update :)
pCARS64 2016-05-14 14-27-28-92.jpg

Well, hello again ;)
Thanks to JDougNY Nissan GTR SpecV updated and ready for game version 10.3 and up!

V. 1.50 change log:
- Reworked windscreen reflection texture (reduced visual intensity)
- Created all original paint colors per S2U
- Corrected vehicle image texture to display correctly in menu
- (physics) relocated pushrods and changed default damping rates
- (physics) added caster tuning ability to tuning menu
- (physics) changed suspension geometry
- Made 32bit version of the car

**** Reset tuning at each track, due to caster and damping rate changes *****

20160515160820_1.jpg

NoGrip
MediaFire

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 152 86.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 28 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 62 35.4%