Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

@Gambit74
Ok, I just rewrote the wheel mod for patch 10. I bypassed the new mod code that was added in Patch 10, but the cockpit views are not present.
EDIT: Scratch that...the cockpit is working now. I'll double check things and send to you.

Last edited:
Ferrari works fine in 9.1 game. In 10.0 game, the cockpit is not visible, which is something SMS is supposed to fix. Things still to do...replicate all original metallic paints, include all interior color options based on paint selection, digital display, cockpit windscreen (wiper mask), audio and physics.

Those cars that were stolen and uploaded here need to be removed, before we provide anything further. Several people reported the mods, but they are still up there. Should those stolen cars remain here, we keep things to ourselves.
I have the patch 9.1, i can test the car for you :) (i want more cars made by you)

I preferrred to stay out of posting but a user here started releasing conversions that Willie and me maded. As Willie said we will not release anything else until these mods are here. We will not post updates of the mods too.
we want to post the conversions in downloads section here because we think the dvd-check/game ownership check we provide respects rights of creators of the original content. but again we will not do that until the mods are kept by that nico guy.

@Spitfire_88
We already have people who advise and test the mods.

I preferrred to stay out of posting but a user here started releasing conversions that Willie and me maded. As Willie said we will not release anything else until these mods are here. We will not post updates of the mods too.
we want to post the conversions in downloads section here because we think the dvd-check/game ownership check we provide respects rights of creators of the original content. but again we will not do that until the mods are kept by that nico guy.

@Spitfire_88
Ok, thanks.
I also report that user, he must be banned.

@JDougNY
du you think ist possible to get deeper BBS rims (like the BMW Z4-GT3) for the RUF GT3 wheel mod?
I think the BMW rims are more GT3-style.
It's simple enough to grab other rims and scale to fit. If the wheel offsets are quite different, the offsets of caliper and disc might need to change, too....another simple thing to do
The mod was made specifically for Gambit74. So, any change request would need to be made by him.

It's simple enough to grab other rims and scale to fit. If the wheel offsets are quite different, the offsets of caliper and disc might need to change, too....another simple thing to do
The mod was made specifically for Gambit74. So, any change request would need to be made by him.
OK, thanks for your answer

Here are some previews of the new 911R, which I've been trying to bring to Pcars. It has modified elements of ruf rgt8 (Pcars) and of 991gt3rs from an Rfactor mod. Some parts (e.g. boot cover) will not be one-to-one replicas so perhaps Ill call it 911rf? JDougNY has been helping me heaps, and so you can expect great physics.
There are lots of bugs to fix so release is still some way off. Oh, and right now it only works with patch 9.
4c1vnzv969274ne6g.jpg

vnxkg5371i182ua6g.jpg

3j11v150lyqjel06g.jpg

If you want to, you can check out the 911R gallery. I've taken a couple more snaps ;)

It´s still impossible to play with mods with patch 10.
I have both versions: 9.1 with mods and 10. Make a copy of 9.1 and save it as pCars9.1 on an external drive. Let Steam update the game to 10. After finished copy you 9.1 Version from your external hd into the steam folder, so you have both versions.

As the authors of the mods said. If the stolen mods shouldn´t be removed, no further mods will come!
Thanks to Nico!! :thumbsdown:

Yes, but you have to launch it from the 9.1 folder! Backup the 9.1 folder so you have two pCars folders. Save one on another hd and delete the copy in the Steam folder. After update to 10.0 copy the 9.1 from your external hd to the Steam folder and rename it to pCars9.1.
Move into the pCars9.1 folder and launch the .exe.

Last edited:

@Spitfire_88

The mods are removed! You can continue your work.

Admins here forbid posting content from Shift2 so it is probably the end for us. I ask admin about his opinion about game-ownership check we provide. If the answer is negative then this is our goodbye.
If we finish 458, then it is our last car, and we will not post about it here. Instead please check the mediafire folder Willie posted earlier.

Admins here forbid posting content from Shift2 so it is probably the end for us. I ask admin about his opinion about game-ownership check we provide. If the answer is negative then this is our goodbye.
If we finish 458, then it is our last car, and we will not post about it here. Instead please check the mediafire folder Willie posted earlier.
Keep working guys, your cars are awesome, please make a blog or other site for more updates, thanks.

solidary with Spitfier_88 - let us know your new site if you are gone with this one, we need to discuss about all the things of the game, not get only the new models.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.