Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

yo!
here are preview images of the 458. It's still work inprogress, and we plan to release it at NoGrip forum with disc check when sms fix moddng support for patch10 (NoGrip confirmed it's ok to post mods there with disc check). We want to re-release all our mods there too.
Coversion by JDougNY and testing by gvse.
ua7s1649hu9my356g.jpg

r91nyufdu16gayr6g.jpg

4u1b4s034mee9376g.jpg

sooo, the 458 is in the mediafire folder. It works only in game version 9.1
Converted from Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends by JDougNY and tested by gvse.
The mod comes with a disc check to verify that you have dvd or that the game is installed on your HDD.
When mod support is sorted out for Project Cars we shall re-release all mods at NoGrip in the downloads section.

Yeah!!!! I still have 9.1 (and 10.0 of course). Thank you very much for this great car. Now we have nearly all important car brands in pCars. Good luck with further mod projects.

thank's fellas, ferrari works fine - fantastic job, now we have all the main things: lambo, nissan, ferrary only missing F1 Truck, minivan (for example mitsubishi delica) and some king of jeep (Cruiser, Pajero etc.). I have a question - is it possible to convert tracks in pcars (there are no ovals for indy)??
And please don't remooved your mediafire folder - I'm not always can download files from nogrip,
thank's again, dont'n stop - we need and very appreciate all of your mods.

I have a question - is it possible to convert tracks in pcars (there are no ovals for indy)??
I made/converted 4 tracks into one of the prior games from SMS...so, I have some experience with this. Two of the big stumbling blocks are the creation of the SGB file, which calls for the objects and places them within the world. The other big one is the collision mesh layer (CSM file). Those types of things require tools/SDK's to create. For the tracks I made, the SGB and CSM existed, but were coded for console. The SGB required a lot of coding changes to work on PC. The CSM involved a lot of tedious byte flipping in various sections.

When the patch 10 released, I was briefly over at the official forum (I rarely visit official forum). One of the staff mentioned that tracks were being considered in the new mod code...that it was a trivial matter. However, it's not simply a trivial thing to do...like an on/off switch in the code. They would need to provide some tools/SDK's, etc for track creation.

Right now, I'm waiting to see if SMS actually resolves the issues created when they added this new modding code. I don't want to invest a lot of time/effort into making something (such as high poly car), if their new modding code remains broken for a long period of time.

not yet; Im still tinkering with it and learning a good deal as I go. It's satisfying to see this car evolve that's why I post these snaps. I still need to ask JDougNY to write proper physics for it.
When it's ready I'll release it here in the downloads section as well as at NoGrip.
I can't promise anything but perhaps next week it will be ready.

I would think that Team Machine Dojo would be jumping all over those GTPC cars. They seem to favor race spec cars and one member is currently ripping a P1 GTR out of Real Racing 3. Probably an upgrade to pull cars from GTPC mod.:)

New in the public folder is a Bmt to XML converter.... http://www.mediafire.com/download/3h9cv6ej2crzikh/bmt2xml-master-2b3c655_FIXED.zip
Crowtrobot was kind enough to correct a couple of errors that were generated by the tool, due to format changes from when the old tool was created.

The converter requires linux or a linux terminal.
usage...
./bmt2xml Material_Name.BMT

A text dump to terminal occurs and you can paste that into a new MTX file and your done.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back