Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

[QUOTE="JDougNY,

Good thing you're offline. I have a problem with CDV files.
I want to take a bit down and left my driver to be seen from outside the vehicle in racing. please if you have a little guide you can give me please .... please ........

[QUOTE="JDougNY,

Good thing you're offline. I have a problem with CDV files.
I want to take a bit down and left my driver to be seen from outside the vehicle in racing. please if you have a little guide you can give me please .... please ........
CDV file driver position adjustments
0x34-0x37 = Exterior Lateral adjust for driver (more positive = more left)
0x38-0x3B = Exterior Vertical adjust for driver (more positive = more up)
0x3C-0x3F = Exterior Fore/Aft adjust for driver (more positive = more Aft)
0x40-0x43 = Cockpit Lateral adjust for driver (more positive = more left)
0x44-0x47 = Cockpit Vertical adjust for driver (more positive = more up)
0x48-0x4B = Cockpit Fore/Aft adjust for driver (more positive = more Aft)

All data is in float and entered as Little Endian

CDV file driver position adjustments
0x34-0x37 = Exterior Lateral adjust for driver (more positive = more left)
0x38-0x3B = Exterior Vertical adjust for driver (more positive = more up)
0x3C-0x3F = Exterior Fore/Aft adjust for driver (more positive = more Aft)
0x40-0x43 = Cockpit Lateral adjust for driver (more positive = more left)
0x44-0x47 = Cockpit Vertical adjust for driver (more positive = more up)
0x48-0x4B = Cockpit Fore/Aft adjust for driver (more positive = more Aft)

All data is in float and entered as Little Endian

great. thank you

I busted through the Weatherdata.bff problems created after patch 10 and M4Mkey was able put up the revised AI lighting Mod for Patch 10..

EDIT: User of the mod reported that some effects were broken (tyre smoke, etc), whenever the mod is enabled. After my own testing, I noticed that running weatherdata.bff unpacked for the lighting mod, causes effects to break, too. Those effects are in a different BFF file...so, it's something that was done recently in the hard code by SMS. I removed the link to the mod, due to the fact that the mod will break some effects.

Last edited:
@WillieSpinnit, keep doing your mods for pcars 9.0, and **** the 10.0 version (3 new cars and 1 track, thiere are a greenhell and pagani zonda revolution mod allready in 9.0 version) - I have 2 versions of the game: 9.0 for mods and 10.0 if I want to ride on merc gt3 2015 online, all work this way. We desperatly needs your new mods (ferrari, lambo, cabrio - what ever you going to do), no mods - the game is bored.

@WillieSpinnit, keep doing your mods for pcars 9.0, and **** the 10.0 version....
Well...you have a good point there. What I've been doing is backing up and getting those 9 cars we released reworked for patch 10 (only got through 3 so far). I was also adding in the exterior wiper mask effect and I noticed a windscreen reflection in a cockpit that was too intense in certain lighting conditions. I was also opening up the ability to tune the caster (physics), relocating the pushrods (physics), and lowering the default damper rates (they were slightly over-dampened by default...more so after the pushrod adjustment).

Maybe I can set that all aside and continue with the Ferrari 458 I had going. I can make the car so that it will function for both patch 9.x and patch 10.x, but just release as in install for patch 9.x at this time. Once SMS get things working right for the game post patch 10.x, I can re-issue cars for the game at 10.x +....my head is spinning....it's 11:30am..time to crack open my next beer and find that Ferrari.

Ok...I think I have to talk about this a little bit, since I'm hearing reports about our "sub-par" cars. I like to think of these cars as "quality cars on a poor mans' budget"...leaves more money for beer.
My partner has been pulling from an old game by SMS. Of course, the poly count is lower and a few textures are lower in resolution. Many cockpit textures that are "common" are the same resolution as pCars and in many cases, we just change to using pCars "common" textures.
These types of cars can be reproduced many times faster than a scratch made car. The trade-off is a difference in poly counts and a few textures at lower res. The cars come with all features of damage, scratch, cracks, wiper mask, rain, etc (exterior wiper masks on future updates). We do our best to provide good and stable default physics (I have many tools and worksheets for this). We also bring in the original audio with the AI audio recompiled in FMOD....provided the original audio didn't sound too bad.
We can switch to making cars with higher poly counts than pCars. This will take much longer to do, because those models require a lot of reworking to look right (mainly the cockpits).

The questions are these....are people happy with these "quicker to make" cars (done in 4-5 days), or would you rather wait 5-7 months for a scratch made car from a different modding team, or about 3-4 weeks for us to produce a higher poly car.

I think many, many people are happy with the Ferrari 458 done in any way. Ferrari is the most wanted car in pCars. My suggestion: Release the Ferrari and than concentrate on higher poly models. I could imagine that most of us will be satisfied with a lower poly Ferrari 458. Just release it and we see if it´s good enough. I think so.

The Ferrari seems good when I'm looking at it in Zmodeler with 8x anti-aliasing enabled. I'll put the car into my game on the gaming machine and see. I know when we did the Aston Martin N400, the cockpit steeringwheel looked like it was recycled from NFS Shift (even lower poly). I was on the fence about letting that car go out.

How about the Ferrari? Working correctly on your PC?
Seen, that an idiot has stolen your Lambo and Nissan mod. Hope somebody could kick him out of the forums.

Ferrari works fine in 9.1 game. In 10.0 game, the cockpit is not visible, which is something SMS is supposed to fix. Things still to do...replicate all original metallic paints, include all interior color options based on paint selection, digital display, cockpit windscreen (wiper mask), audio and physics.

Those cars that were stolen and uploaded here need to be removed, before we provide anything further. Several people reported the mods, but they are still up there. Should those stolen cars remain here, we keep things to ourselves.

Some people, like myself and others, have two versions of the game running. An old backup game of V9.1 and then the V10.0
For your mod to work in 10.0 and onward, there needs to be some changes. I have the feeling that the cockpit view will be invisible at this time, though....SMS needs to correct that with their new Mod code.
EDIT: I'll see first if it's possible to bypass the new Mod code that SMS put into place for this type of mod. We would want to avoid making a clone car. I will send you a revision privately or let you know if there will be a need to wait for another game update. Don't want others to see what I'm doing any more.

Last edited:
Some people, like myself and others, have two versions of the game running. An old backup game of V9.1 and then the V10.0
For your mod to work in 10.0 and onward, there needs to be some changes. I have the feeling that the cockpit view will be invisible at this time, though....SMS needs to correct that with their new Mod code.
EDIT: I'll see first if it's possible to bypass the new Mod code that SMS put into place for this type of mod. We would want to avoid making a clone car. I will send you a revision privately or let you know if there will be a need to wait for another game update. Don't want others to see what I'm doing any more.
Thank you. Never thought about a backup and Steam pooched me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.