Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

here you go: the slr in action:
2yoc3kyz5ly34ce6g.jpg

ymh5bcx7v7vfldl6g.jpg

Well...I was flying along in my Nissan R34 with the turbo boost cranked all the way up....my can of beer was empty. So, I pulled over to the side of the road and got another can of beer out of my cooler. I looked down and....shoot, I forgot to install the shift boot! There it was, just sitting there right in front of the gearshift. So, anyway, I went ahead and fixed it right there. Thought I'd adjust the driver's hand over the gear shift, too.

Update to released car...
Nissan R34 Rev 1.2 and it's here... https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4nim3o64k5lcy/cars

Hey there... I'm working on a modified FA, to be more oriented like the actual V6 that runs in the real F1 championship. I managed to reduce the Rev limit to 12K, changed the whole engine to be more torquy... But I need a few more things to make it more polished.... So, does anybody know where I can change the timing of the shiftlights on the steeringwheel ? And is there any way to remove KERS, or to make it like LMP1 cars use it :)

Thanks !

Hello forums! I want the BMW E30 M3 Group A to have the sound of the Audi 90 IMSA GTO. Can anybody assist me with making the BMW having the Audi's V10 engine sound. Where are the audio files stored? Thanks!

Hey there... I'm working on a modified FA, to be more oriented like the actual V6 that runs in the real F1 championship. I managed to reduce the Rev limit to 12K, changed the whole engine to be more torquy... But I need a few more things to make it more polished.... So, does anybody know where I can change the timing of the shiftlights on the steeringwheel ? And is there any way to remove KERS, or to make it like LMP1 cars use it
Timing of shift lights is done in the CPT file, which means you need cockpit BFF unlocked. To de-activate kers, go to the exterior package I sent you and rename the file "formula_a.bbfbin" to "formula_a.bbfbin -remove". If you want to kers to work like something else, try replacing the formula A kers file with another (rename the replacement file as "formula_a.bbfbin")

Hello forums! I want the BMW E30 M3 Group A to have the sound of the Audi 90 IMSA GTO. Can anybody assist me with making the BMW having the Audi's V10 engine sound. Where are the audio files stored? Thanks!
You would need to unlock the exterior BFF for BMW E30 (including the use of a BFF dummy file), which would be applied as a mod with JSGME. In that mod, you would add in the audio files from IMSA GTO, then edit the BMW E30 CSD file to use the audio samples.

Timing of shift lights is done in the CPT file, which means you need cockpit BFF unlocked. To de-activate kers, go to the exterior package I sent you and rename the file "formula_a.bbfbin" to "formula_a.bbfbin -remove". If you want to kers to work like something else, try replacing the formula A kers file with another (rename the replacement file as "formula_a.bbfbin")

You would need to unlock the exterior BFF for BMW E30 (including the use of a BFF dummy file), which would be applied as a mod with JSGME. In that mod, you would add in the audio files from IMSA GTO, then edit the BMW E30 CSD file to use the audio samples.
Sorry, I am a complete noob to modding pCars. If possible, may you give me steps on how I would go at doing this.

Ok JDougNY :) I may annoy you again for the cockpit BFF. In the meantime I managed to put a new KERS system on the FA ( like LMP1s ) and find where to change to power output it generates.
A1 E3 1A 9A 4E] {32bit decimal}
It's this variable that seems to impact KERS power :)

EDIT : It seems related to it, but can't make it work easily... it may need a particular value ( I took the one from the Toyota TS040)

I also putted a turbo on the car and tried to understand turbo files to make them more powerful on low rpm range but couldn't understand a lot ( even with comparing to other files ).

I will now try to make the gearbox have 8 gears. I don't think any car in the game has this much gears though :x

Last edited:
@M4MKey
We put a partial decode of the Kers in my public folder. You should have a look at it, because I'm sure that many of the variables are common to the various kers files.

Gearboxes are very easy to add more gears. In my decode that is posted in public folder, I explain what registers have to be changed whenever you add/remove bytes from the file.

Turbo strength is determined by the "WasteGateRange" and "WasteGateSetting" parameter in the engine file. The TurboSize parameter in the turbo files is meaningless (abandoned). The decodes of both the engine file and the turbo files are posted on my public folder.

Basically, I'm trying to save you the trouble of figuring out what has already been sorted out. You just need to go to my public folder, download all translations and soak it all in.

Sorry, I am a complete noob to modding pCars. If possible, may you give me steps on how I would go at doing this.
The BFF files for the game are unpacked using a quickbms script. This is the site for all that... http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm
As you scroll down you'll find the download for quckbms and further down the script for unpacking Slightly Mad Studio BFF files.

Once unpacked, files have to be renamed to correct file names, then sorted into their correct folders (you have to make the folders). Some BFF files only have a few files and it's simple enough to do manually. However, some BFF files have over a thousand files and myself and a couple other people use more automatic methods to batch rename files and to create and sort files into folders. That information is here.... http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4148364163
You'll need a browser that can translate Chinese.

Back in 2006, if you had $150,000.00 USD burnin' a hole in your pocket, you would have to be completely out of your mind to be thinking to yourself, "Ya know, there's this Ford supercar that I'm itching to buy!" A Ford Supercar??? what is that? For that money, you could buy a nice 2006 Corvette Z06 AND a new 4x4 pickup and still had plenty of money for beer! Well....this Ford "supercar" has been sitting up on cinder blocks out in the front yard for a few years. Somebody stole the wipers...so, I found a single wiper that fits. Banged the snot out of it with a hammer and looks like it'll stay in place. You sort of have to lean to right and look out the clear spot when it's raining.....anyway...got my beer and Nascar race is about to start!...

New addon car...
2006 Ford GT and it's here... https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4nim3o64k5lcy/cars

The BFF files for the game are unpacked using a quickbms script. This is the site for all that... http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm
As you scroll down you'll find the download for quckbms and further down the script for unpacking Slightly Mad Studio BFF files.

Once unpacked, files have to be renamed to correct file names, then sorted into their correct folders (you have to make the folders). Some BFF files only have a few files and it's simple enough to do manually. However, some BFF files have over a thousand files and myself and a couple other people use more automatic methods to batch rename files and to create and sort files into folders. That information is here.... http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4148364163
You'll need a browser that can translate Chinese.
Thank you very much for providing me with this information! After hours of trying, I was unable to do it. If you have any free time, may you please do the sound swap. Take your time, it does not have to be done within any specific time range. Thank you!

Interesting. As of patch 10.0, the physics BFFs have been modified so that they don't unpack with current quickbms script. So, one of two things have happened. Either some pCars police are concerned that the physics of original cars can be modified and alerted SMS.....or....SMS noticed and took action. I'm leaning towards pCars police.
Anyway, I passed along the BFFs to Aluigi. If he decides to revise the script, I'll provide a new unlocker so that modding anything can continue. If Aluigi doesn't revise the script, no sweat off my back...I'll just dump the game and move on.

EDIT: I did hear back from Aluigi and he said that he will take a look at the files I provided to him.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 160 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 30 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 67 36.6%