DiRT 3 Colin McRae: DiRT 3

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
We are giving away our last of three DiRT 3 copies for PC with a "guess the lap time" competition. Guess the lap time of our moderator Nick Brooke as he drove (and filmed) a lap around Alpine Stars Trophy Finland Course with a Peugeot 207 4WD.

peug.jpg

The competition runs for a week and one entry per person is allowed. Submit your guess via this link and maybe you'll be the winner of a free game and become very DIRTY soon.

I thought it might be of interest to throw this quote into the mix

"It uses a more polished, performance-optimized version of the EGO engine, version 2.0, which takes advantage of more DirectX 11 features than version 1.0 used or Collin McRae DiRT 2, did."

Wish I could find where this extra use of Dx11 is, unless it was just for the purpose of making the game run more efficently. The quote wasent from CM btw, but here... http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7970_CPU_Scaling/9.html. Check out that image, which I can only imagine was a 'target render', in which case they fell short of the desired water effect by a country mile.

I would love to hear a full interview with CM and their decision making process on the gfx from D2 to D3, and all the reasons behind it - that would be an interesting read.

Ohh about PARTICLES just watch this.

Now i know thats different game engine and all that. But if good OLD but i mean old RBR is capable of that, codmasters should work on it much harder. As far as i can see on this video, that particle dispersion is excellent, no tail effect. Water there is terrible. Just Cause 2 has pretty nice water dispersion behind boats, especially for open world game. So i don't wanna hear it can't be done in corridor gaming.

Is it possible to combine G27 with G25 sequential gearbox because right now i am playing RBR / Shift 2/Dirt 3.
And also if its possible can you guys give me a link or something from where i can order a G25 Gearbox or i have to buy G25 wheel and use only the gearbox if they are compatible ?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 51 27.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%