DiRT 3 Colin McRae: DiRT 3

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
We are giving away our last of three DiRT 3 copies for PC with a "guess the lap time" competition. Guess the lap time of our moderator Nick Brooke as he drove (and filmed) a lap around Alpine Stars Trophy Finland Course with a Peugeot 207 4WD.

peug.jpg

The competition runs for a week and one entry per person is allowed. Submit your guess via this link and maybe you'll be the winner of a free game and become very DIRTY soon.

Yo, David. I'm surprised you didn't get a response to this question, as I've run into many people with personal favorites.

I personally believe that every car is equal to the others in its class. Each vehicle handles differently and has different gear ratios, so finding a good car is really about finding a car that feels good when you drive it. Once you find that car, practice with it.

I can name several vehicles I like, and each of them have their uses. The Citroen C4 and Mini WRC are great for tarmac and snow, while the Focus WRC and Fiesta WRC are my favorites for gravel and ice. The Lancer Evo IX RallyX is my personal favorite RallyCross car, while I feel the Citroen C4 Rallycross and RS200 RallyX are better on snow, with the Peugeot offering a fun middle ground.

The four most popular cars in the game, according to what I've seen for online multiplayer, would be:

Citroen C4 WRC
Subaru WRX STI Rallycross
Monster Sport Suzuki SX4 Pikes Peak
Toyota Tacoma Pikes Peak

Remember the times when the original gran turismo was considered the best driving simulator? A rating of 9.5/10 compared to DiRT 3's 8.5/10. This shows that people are starting to worry more about graphics and not the gameplay. DiRT 3 has better graphics, cross-platform, better physics, yet it only rates at 8.5.

Why? Because more people are being too picky about the grass being only 10 polygons and characters looking like japanese origami. These kinds of people only wanted to see the game, not play the game.

So I suggest you return the game ASAP ​if you just wanted to see the game.

Actually one of the good things with granturismo was that it had the best graphics of games at the time.
also, what is wrong with wanting good graphics in a game? i agree that the gameplay is THE most important thing in a game, comes second to none every time but the fact is that at this time its possible to get better graphics in a game and with codemasters being as massive as they are they should be able to afford to do it better.

Better is better, just because its good enough doesnt mean it shouldnt be better.

Hi, new here...I want to download some mods for D3 but when I click the "new link to Download mods section" It throws me:

"Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help."

No its not being fixed. It has been online for four weeks on a temporary address (that people hardly used) that expired on Dec 23. All old mods are now taken offline as they were hosted on our old server.

Early 2012 we hope to have a new downloads software in place but that one has to be filled with content from scratch as it was not possible to transfer the old files.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 33 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.2%