Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features

Apps Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features 2.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for response!

Could you to be more explicit on your method, please? Everybody who uses camtool is going to bump into this problem and it would be great to have a clear and ready fix for this issue (which ruins camsets and wastes a lot of effort otherwise).

Would a short video be possible? If not, maybe a clear written explanation? Pleeeeeease ;)
I'm always willing to help. English is not my primary language, so I'll try my best to be as clear as possible.

TLDR: To fix this bug, just start your camtool preset by creating the last camera for the track.
Eg.: Track has 3000m, then very close to the finish line and create a camera in the 2999m then you can start creating all the other cameras for the track.

What I usually do, and you guys can check on my channel in 99% of my cameras, is that I create the last camera then I keep turn OFF the camtool app, then press play in the replay to let the car pass the finish line, then I pause, then immediately I create another keyframe and set the transform parameters and camera fov parameters that are identical to when the app was ON when I had set the last camera making it (the new keyframe with the car ahead of the finishing line) a copy of the last camera. Why I do that? Because when the car passes through the last camera it goes right through the first one. It makes it look like it's only one camera. But I just replicated the last camera to be the same as the first one on the track. I hope it makes sense. And it's just as I had recorded on this video

This worked great for me to keep the fps from dropping when using camtool 2. However, when I exit my replay, it says that it crashed. Doesn't seem to have any negative impact as I just hit close on the message and all is well, but I thought I would point that out. I'm now happy to report though that I don't see any fps drop while using camtool 2 cameras on my replays. I still see some strange artifacts from time to time, but nothing too crazy... much better than running without this!

If anyone else is experiencing the crash when exiting the replay, please let me know how to fix it. Thanks!

This worked great for me to keep the fps from dropping when using camtool 2. However, when I exit my replay, it says that it crashed. Doesn't seem to have any negative impact as I just hit close on the message and all is well, but I thought I would point that out. I'm now happy to report though that I don't see any fps drop while using camtool 2 cameras on my replays. I still see some strange artifacts from time to time, but nothing too crazy... much better than running without this!

If anyone else is experiencing the crash when exiting the replay, please let me know how to fix it. Thanks!
Any suggestions on what to try to keep it from crashing after I exit replay?

Close camtool, go back to regular game, unpause........then quit. Seems to help me (my game sometimes hangs with Camtool when exiting)
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Never had an issue until I installed this, but I'll take the fix (fps gains) on replays and the crash when exiting doesn't seem to have any negative impact. I'll still try this out though. Thanks!

I'm gonna check this also. If I reproduce, I will add this bug to the github issues. I don't see which change I made that could cause this though. Maybe the new dependency to handle the new keyboard shortcuts.

Is there a way for me to switch back and forth between the F6 non camtool view and then turn camtool back on? Meaning, f6 without camtool is a what I call tv pod view for a f1 car. Then I would like to switch to the camtool track views easily with just using hockeys. This would allow me to record some replays without having to do one full replay in f6 and then another with camtool and then having to post edit between the 2.

It sounds like this is possible but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks!

Is there a way for me to switch back and forth between the F6 non camtool view and then turn camtool back on? Meaning, f6 without camtool is a what I call tv pod view for a f1 car. Then I would like to switch to the camtool track views easily with just using hockeys. This would allow me to record some replays without having to do one full replay in f6 and then another with camtool and then having to post edit between the 2.

It sounds like this is possible but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks!

I have added a "specific cam" feature in camtool, this way you can switch to a standard cam with camtool enabled. Or what you can do is simply using F6 to switch to pod view then F10 to enable camtool again? I had also added this hotkey.

Last edited:
Hi, I've been having a problem with the spline tool where the car I'm following gets jittery along with the audio:

I've read a few solutions like enabling double physics precision, not cropping the replay length and other things but nothing I try seems to work. Anyone know what causes this/how to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Would it be possible to add a replay speed setting to Camtool? For example one could do ramp slowmo with this.

CSP Freer camera has the ramp slowmo built in, works when you hold left and right mouse button at the same time. I tested using this combined with Camtool, but there is wierd jump in the camera when activated, so its not really usable right now

I have added a "specific cam" feature in camtool, this way you can switch to a standard cam with camtool enabled. Or what you can do is simply using F6 to switch to pod view then F10 to enable camtool again? I had also added this hotkey.
I can't quite figure this out. When I press F10 when camtool is active, I don't notice anything happening. I thought that would turn off camtool and it would then go to my F6 view.

Would it be possible to add a replay speed setting to Camtool? For example one could do ramp slowmo with this.

CSP Freer camera has the ramp slowmo built in, works when you hold left and right mouse button at the same time. I tested using this combined with Camtool, but there is wierd jump in the camera when activated, so its not really usable right now
Hi!
Yes it would be possible, I had actually started to work on it here but never took the time to finish: https://github.com/tmeedend/camtool/tree/replay_speed_option
And I had created an issue for it here: https://github.com/tmeedend/camtool/issues/15
I managed to control assetto by faking key press with code, and there is key shortcuts for the replay speed, so yes it should be possible ...

Last edited:
Hi, I've been having a problem with the spline tool where the car I'm following gets jittery along with the audio:

I've read a few solutions like enabling double physics precision, not cropping the replay length and other things but nothing I try seems to work. Anyone know what causes this/how to fix it?

Hey @ktulu77 do you know what causes this issue or how to fix it? Seems to be a somewhat common problem for people :/

I have experienced things like this using mods that are either not optimized well or in your case a very demanding scenario, for me this can happen when loading in and even well into viewing a replay, with or without using camtool, to me it seems more like a hiccup on AC side of things as I normally can leave and rejoin and it corrects the issue, can be a super pain if you have spent some time setting up cams tho xd

Hi, i have a problem that each time i use more than 7 cameras, and then increase camera number will not working. Each camera can only be matched with one position. How can i fix it?

after replacing the files in the default camtool2 gsync wont work? any idea? with default gsync is working

Edit: sorry it was my mistake, forgot to click the game first when launching the game it causes gsync not to work

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 48 26.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 34 18.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Forum trophies