Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features

Apps Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features 2.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
ktulu77 updated Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features with a new update entry:

fix stuttering happening sometimes weh car is fast

I had to revert to old code to fix this stuterring and lost some perf. So I put a new cache system to gain more fps even more to hopefully balance this.

Everything seems ok, no perf lost.

More details here about fixed issues:

Read the rest of this update entry...

ktulu77 updated Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features with a new update entry:

some fixes including sync button not working

fixes:
  • when using hotkeys to load data files, load input field and last used file is not updated
  • sync-button not working
  • hotkeys to switch between data still active while using save load input field
new:
  • show exact camtool version number in header. I'm starting from 2.2.0.
I did some tests and all seems ok. I always recommand to backup you data files just in case before testing.

Details here:
[URL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Question for the Camtool experts. I have made a camera set, set the FOV and stuff. But if I scroll on the mouse wheel is keep changing the FOV. How do I lock it for each camera?

OK guys having an issue with Camtool2. It is activated in CM but when I start AC its not showing in the apps bar on the right. Tried everything I'm on my 3rd reinstall of the day. Its doing my nut in ...anyone able to help me? TIA Pete

OK guys having an issue with Camtool2. It is activated in CM but when I start AC its not showing in the apps bar on the right. Tried everything I'm on my 3rd reinstall of the day. Its doing my nut in ...anyone able to help me? TIA Pete
I'm having the same problem... Using Content Manager/Settings/Assetto Corsa/Apps it is present and the box checked. But, in Content Manager/Settings/Apps it does not show up. Other mods such as ProTyres and the Sol apps are present and working within the CM UI and the game.

The Python Apps debug window shows the following error, which might be a clue but I don't understand Python myself, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_6526.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
Thank you, having the error helps a lot to try to fix the error.
Unfortunately I don't have this problem. So it's very difficult for me to fix it. Are you sure you have CSP installed also?
Do you have the file it's talking about? J:\SteamGames\.....python33.zip\ctypes\__init__.py ? Or is the path wrong?

Last edited:
Hello,
Thank you, having the error helps a lot to try to fix the error.
Unfortunately I don't have this problem. So it's very difficult for me to fix it. Are you sure you have CSP installed also?
Do you have the file it's talking about? J:\SteamGames\.....python33.zip\ctypes\__init__.py ? Or is the path wrong?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have CSP 0.1.77-preview1 installed and... the file path to _init_.py is correct. The error seems to suggest that it's calling something that doesn't exist or is named incorrectly but I can't work it out.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention a potential bug I have found. If I am driving in AC and I open my camtool app, I used to be able to 'Return To Pits' and view the other vehicles on track using Camtool without having to click 'Replay'. However, with this latest update, I can still view the other vehicles from the pits on Camtool, but the cameras are broken and do not track the vehicles, leaving a stationary camera, and the cameras do not transition anymore depending on the location of the vehicle.

Sorry for my ignorance but is the 'Audio Popping on Camera Change' a known bug or is there a fix for it? I looked at the issues on Github and didn't see it being mentioned, nor did I see it being mentioned on the download page here.

Just thought I'd mention a potential bug I have found. If I am driving in AC and I open my camtool app, I used to be able to 'Return To Pits' and view the other vehicles on track using Camtool without having to click 'Replay'. However, with this latest update, I can still view the other vehicles from the pits on Camtool, but the cameras are broken and do not track the vehicles, leaving a stationary camera, and the cameras do not transition anymore depending on the location of the vehicle.
I never tried that, I'm not sure if I will be able to fix it.
Sorry for my ignorance but is the 'Audio Popping on Camera Change' a known bug or is there a fix for it? I looked at the issues on Github and didn't see it being mentioned, nor did I see it being mentioned on the download page here.
I didn't notice that on last versions. ATR made a lot of videos with this new version of camtool and I didn't notice that ever on his videos. It might be related to you environment but I don't know what could be involved sorry.

I spent a lot of time trying to fix this app. I put it on Github, hopping that other people could also contribute and fix things. So don't hesitate to try to fix things and create pull requests. We can also exchange on Discord about it.

I never tried that, I'm not sure if I will be able to fix it.

I didn't notice that on last versions. ATR made a lot of videos with this new version of camtool and I didn't notice that ever on his videos. It might be related to you environment but I don't know what could be involved sorry.

I spent a lot of time trying to fix this app. I put it on Github, hopping that other people could also contribute and fix things. So don't hesitate to try to fix things and create pull requests. We can also exchange on Discord about it.
Thank you for the reply. I also have added Custom Sounds Mod by Mr. Mike. Maybe this is affecting the app. Would you like to try that and see if it reproduces the issue?

keyboard shortcut f10 only works after opening camtool window in game replay. Before it worked in any situation

Attachments

• camtool.jpg
    camtool.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 72
keyboard shortcut f10 only works after opening camtool window in game replay. Before it worked in any situation
@ktulu77 uncheck "Pause hidden apps". CM>Settings>General Patch Settings>CPU optimizations keyboard shortcut F10 works. Many "bugs" with camtool I solved like this. CSP paused camtool.

Attachments

• cam .jpg
    cam .jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 63
I love some of the Cams done with this.

BUT.....if I install this I lose Camtool2 from the in-game Content Manager options (those that appear with mouse-over down right hand side).

That's with camtool enabled in content-manager. If I delete and replace with my backup of old version it reappears in menu (on right) and all is fine again. CSP 1.68 (IIRC).

Any ideas?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 22 57.9%