Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features

Apps Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features 2.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I am having this error in all camera apps, how can I fix this please?

1702591362749.png

ktulu77 updated Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features with a new update entry:

fix for when app not showing

I always had some people complaining the app won't load but for me it was working so never managed to fix it.

Now, I am experiencing it, so I managed to fix it.

I hope everyone will be able to use it now.

(the problem was only the order used to import dependencies, and if you had another app already importing the dependency needed, it wouldn't crash/ Now the app shouldn't crash on startup)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi! Thanks for your work, but ver 2.2.1 is not showing at all in my AC after update. Did the complete process to check activation, but it´s not showing at all. Reinstall the original version and it is working again.

Hi Ktulu77,
Thank you for continue to improve this nice app! I have been using it but only for the very basic features. It is due to not able to find any kind of documentation on how to use it :( Any chance you could put together some structured docs for this great app? I am sure it would help allot more people to take advantage of this great app. I know there a many you tube video on doing specific thing this this app, but not have a basic understanding of this app, I could not much follow these.
TIA!

Hi! Thanks for your work, but ver 2.2.1 is not showing at all in my AC after update. Did the complete process to check activation, but it´s not showing at all. Reinstall the original version and it is working again.
Could you open the python debug app to see if there is an error ?

Hi Ktulu77,
Thank you for continue to improve this nice app! I have been using it but only for the very basic features. It is due to not able to find any kind of documentation on how to use it :( Any chance you could put together some structured docs for this great app? I am sure it would help allot more people to take advantage of this great app. I know there a many you tube video on doing specific thing this this app, but not have a basic understanding of this app, I could not much follow these.
TIA!
I think there is a documentation on the original mod page.

The thing is that I'm not the original author and I don't know well how to use it too! I manage to do some stuff but I don't know all the functionalities.

I think we should remake the interface so it can be easier and more comprehensible, maybe like the Pure Planner with a documentation attached while you use the app. Also ATR sent me a while ago an idea about doing only one page instead of several tabs. But as I mentioned before, it's complicated alone to understand everything in the app and its code to rewrite it?

Last edited:
I think there is a documentation on the original mod page.
You mean the bullet list under the header "Documentation" on the download page (See below screen shot)?
Unfortunately, I could not make sense out of it. I am not sure it is just me. The very first thing I wanted to do is to make a helicopter view from a higher altitude so I can get a better perspective of how I drove through each turn. I couldn't figure out how make use the info in "Documentation" to achieve this :(
Or do you know of a more detailed documentation?

1711332374623.png

The thing is that I'm not the original author and I don't know well how to use it too! I manage to do some stuff but I don't know all the functionalities.

I think we should remake the interface so it can be easier and more comprehensible, maybe like the Pure Planner with a documentation attached while you use the app. Also ATR sent me a while ago an idea about doing only one page instead of several tabs. But as I mentioned before, it's complicated alone to understand everything in the app and its code to rewrite it?

You mean the bullet list under the header "Documentation" on the download page (See below screen shot)?
Unfortunately, I could not make sense out of it. I am not sure it is just me. The very first thing I wanted to do is to make a helicopter view from a higher altitude so I can get a better perspective of how I drove through each turn. I couldn't figure out how make use the info in "Documentation" to achieve this :(
Or do you know of a more detailed documentation?

View attachment 741091
Sure, it's not enough. Search on Youtube for "CAMTOOL FIXED CAMERA BASIC TUTORIAL" from ATRCams

Would people be interested in a live course on how to use Camtool?

I've been using it for 4 years for all our 100+ competitions streams and edits, so I'm quite well versed on how it works.

Last edited:
Would people be interested in a live course on how to use Camtool?

I've been using it for 4 years for all our 100+ competitions streams and edits, so I'm quite well versed on how it works.
A good, clear, concise video of doing a short circuit would be a good start. I keep intending to do one as, frankly, what currently exists is inadequate (seems to be a thing about camtool that induces folks to explain things in bizarre and barely understandable fashion).

Doing a quick circuit, insulating against the zoom bug, and reloading a file to edit it should suffice - yet it's difficult/impossible to find good clear examples.

Incidentally, I've found it works best just setting each camera position for the whole circuit is the best way to start (one on each corner, say) and only then go back and add keyframes for camzoom, focus and movement. It's good workflow, quickly gets you up and running and insulates against zoom bug.

I might do a vid, one day. lol. Maybe not.

Hopefully Hemmola do a great one (or three) and I won't feel I need to. ;)

PS - reinstalled AC recently and tried 2.2 but again, fails to show in-game. So I reinstalled old working version and copied this one over the top - voila! For first time I can use this improved one - seems better FPS here, for sure. Thanks very much!

A good, clear, concise video of doing a short circuit would be a good start. I keep intending to do one as, frankly, what currently exists is inadequate (seems to be a thing about camtool that induces folks to explain things in bizarre and barely understandable fashion).

Doing a quick circuit, insulating against the zoom bug, and reloading a file to edit it should suffice - yet it's difficult/impossible to find good clear examples.

Incidentally, I've found it works best just setting each camera position for the whole circuit is the best way to start (one on each corner, say) and only then go back and add keyframes for camzoom, focus and movement. It's good workflow, quickly gets you up and running and insulates against zoom bug.

I might do a vid, one day. lol. Maybe not.

Hopefully Hemmola do a great one (or three) and I won't feel I need to. ;)

PS - reinstalled AC recently and tried 2.2 but again, fails to show in-game. So I reinstalled old working version and copied this one over the top - voila! For first time I can use this improved one - seems better FPS here, for sure. Thanks very much!
You mean the 2.2.1 alone still doesn't work ??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back