Simraceway

To bad if that's all they have accomplished on that front up until now, I asked them in chat several months ago and the answer back then was "yes that's part of the social features we are focusing on now".

Going back talking about laser-scanning, I'm not so sure about the original tracks (and the old COTA is obviously not) but all of the recent additions are laser scanned. Saying they aren't close to iRacing versions, many of which are years old/out of date is not really much of an arguement to say that SimRaceway circuits aren't as accurate. Laguna Seca/Silverstone iracing scans are atleast 5 years old, Silverstone is a different circuit now.

I think both games do a great job and realistically you can't make any real comparisons if you're not able to run laps around the real life track while having access to the sim versions at the circuit.

Going back talking about laser-scanning, I'm not so sure about the original tracks (and the old COTA is obviously not) but all of the recent additions are laser scanned.

I think both games do a great job and realistically you can't make any real comparisons if you're not able to run laps around the real life track while having access to the sim versions at the circuit.

Agree with you Ryan, SRW as great tracks.
When you write: but all of the recent additions are laser scanned. How do you know that? don't take me wrong, I am not doubting what you are saying, but I could not find the official statement that they are.
Not that it is so important for me if they are, but if they are, it is a plus.

Agree with you Ryan, SRW as great tracks.
When you write: but all of the recent additions are laser scanned. How do you know that? don't take me wrong, I am not doubting what you are saying, but I could not find the official statement that they are.
Not that it is so important for me if they are, but if they are, it is a plus.

Follow their twitter/facebook and chatting with staff members. They often mention the laser scanning and also had a poll as to which UK based tracks we wanted them to visit and scan first, it miffs me as to why they don't boast it on the main website.

Hi all, just a noob question ;)

Can I play one event in differents levels??? I mean, now there are three events in Brno with the M3 GT2, one "begginer", one "intermediate" and one open setup mode (Expert)...can I get a time in each event and if this time is enough faster, earn some dollars in more than one level? or I only should try in one of those levels, not in each one????

Excuse my bad english...

Hi all, just a noob question ;)

Can I play one event in differents levels??? I mean, now there are three events in Brno with the M3 GT2, one "begginer", one "intermediate" and one open setup mode (Expert)...can I get a time in each event and if this time is enough faster, earn some dollars in more than one level? or I only should try in one of those levels, not in each one????

Excuse my bad english...

You can do all 3 difficulties, and you can win prizes in all 3. However, if you win a prize in beginner you will be considered an intermediate driver. So you can only win 1 beginner event prize.

You can do all 3 difficulties, and you can win prizes in all 3. However, if you win a prize in beginner you will be considered an intermediate driver. So you can only win 1 beginner event prize.

First of all, Thanks Ryan....

So, if I win a prize in this M3 GT2 event in intermediate, I won´t be able to win other prize in intermediate in future events differents to this one?? so I will be forced to play just in Expert???

Sorry, noob here :p

And other doubt if you allow me....I won a prize in a 5 laps challenge with a VW GOLF in Silverstone some weeks ago....If I remember properly, that challenge was "begginer" (there was only one, not one begginer, one intermediate...) so now I won´t be able to win other prizes in other challenges in begginer mode???

Sorry for all those questions....I just want to know how this works....

Regards,

Their facebook/twitter is not official? I think you're pulling at straws a bit here. You can check them for yourself if you're willing to look back to old posts.

Ryan, as you wrote yourself,
it miffs me as to why they don't boast it on the main website.
I am not following their facebook/twitter ( nothing personal, I do not follow anybody's facebook/twitter ), the website and forum is where it stops for me, my loss, I guess.:)

Ryan, as you wrote yourself,

I am not following their facebook/twitter ( nothing personal, I do not follow anybody's facebook/twitter ), the website and forum is where it stops for me, my loss, I guess.:)

From the website:

Feel Every Bump and Camber

Take on the challenge of the world’s most celebrated tracks, painstakingly reconstructed using a combination of their original blueprints and laser-scanned data. Explore a vast range of motorsport’s most treasured venues, including Brno, Zandvoort, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

https://www.simraceway.com/tracks

Yes Harry, what does it mean exactly, using a combination of their original blueprints and laser-scanned data, as do you need to use the original blue print if the track is laser scanned? or is it some are created from blue print and other laser scanned?
Or do you think, this is how laser scanned track are done?
Once again, the tracks are fine to me and it is not very important, would be great to have the fact straight.

Yes Harry, what does it mean exactly, using a combination of their original blueprints and laser-scanned data, as do you need to use the original blue print if the track is laser scanned? or is it some are created from blue print and other laser scanned?
Or do you think, this is how laser scanned track are done?
Once again, the tracks are fine to me and it is not very important, would be great to have the fact straight.

Laser scan for the track, blueprints for surroundings, buildings, anything beyond the barriers. Should be obvious I would have thought!

First of all, Thanks Ryan....

So, if I win a prize in this M3 GT2 event in intermediate, I won´t be able to win other prize in intermediate in future events differents to this one?? so I will be forced to play just in Expert???

Sorry, noob here :p

And other doubt if you allow me....I won a prize in a 5 laps challenge with a VW GOLF in Silverstone some weeks ago....If I remember properly, that challenge was "begginer" (there was only one, not one begginer, one intermediate...) so now I won´t be able to win other prizes in other challenges in begginer mode???

Sorry for all those questions....I just want to know how this works....

Regards,

It only applies to the beginner, I believe you can continue to win multiple intermediate/advanced prizes unless it has been changed recently (I haven't really had time to play in months).

Re-installed SRW last week to give it another test. Ever since there is a program running in the background that has pre-loaded all the content I believe. Is there a way to disable it and only have it active when you play the game?

Re-installed SRW last week to give it another test. Ever since there is a program running in the background that has pre-loaded all the content I believe. Is there a way to disable it and only have it active when you play the game?

I think....double click on the icon, the just tick of the "Enable background downloads" :)

sr.JPG

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies