Simraceway

The legend is available at Simraceway, this is a pure pleasure to drive and race. No SIM racer worth his salt should miss this opportunity.:cool:
LOGO_TOYOTA_AE86_1983_FrontThreeQuarter.jpg

ps: Saw a 1060 yesterday.:thumbsup:

It's hard to understand when such a car is priced at 0.19 dollars why should one ever pay 30 dollars for others. The real life motives are not there.

Yes, but does it really matter?
It is what it is, meanwhile, we have access for free (if you use credits) to a gem like the AE86. That car is sheer pleasure to drive with a wheel.:). I am glad this one is free instead of the SL.

Well, it matters to SRW, if a car at 30 bucks sold to 10 people would sell for 10 bucks to 31 people.
And if I'm among the ones paying no more than 10 bucks it matters to me too :)

All in all, the game is good value, no doubt about it. I just hope that the free tracks strategy would not slow down finishing more high quality tracks. Come on SRW, a good quality Nordschleife will give a boost to the game.

Andi, you are correct, I did not express myself clearly, as I actually agree with you. $30 is way overpriced in my book as well and although I was ready to pay a fair (High) price, I did not buy the 300SL.
I hope for SRW that their strategy worked for them, although I doubt it very much.
What I was trying to express is that there is nothing ( not much ) we can do and meanwhile we can enjoy cars like the AE86. So in that sense, what we like or not does not matter.
It is for SRW to evaluate their marketing strategy and decide if it is worth it to go that way.
I already put my thought on the subject in the 300SL post in the Simraceway community vehicules thread.
+1 on Nordschleife.:thumbsup: .

If all the cars were so low in price what would you spend you in game credits on that you earn..
were already getting some laser scanned tracks for free are we not,:thumbsup:
As with every sim there is always a catch:)

This one i can handle as i get to drive on the tracks for free:)
And we do get to test drive most of the expensive cars at some point, so i know which one i want when i have enough credits :rolleyes:

All in all i like it,for what it does :thumbsup:

I just really wonder if the tracks are laser scanned and if so wich ones? There's no info whatsoever ather than "some" are made using this technique.

oh, and i really doubt they actually sell more than 5 (five) cars for 20$+ range for actuall real cash thay people charged their accounts with. Community is still very limited in numbers and i just can't see anyone forking that kind of money for opportunity to do hotlaps.

My understanding is that SWR tracks are not laserscan, not that it takes anything away from my enjoyment of SRW tracks. I think they are great tracks.
They might be some partial laserscan, not even sure.
Where is it stated that they are laserscan tracks and which one?
I will be happy if they are, as I truly enjoy my SIM time with SRW and think they deserve better recognition from the community.

$6.12 is the most I've spent for a single car, bought on TDT at 50% off. Yes the $20+ cars are expensive but that doesn't bother me the least. Also, it's possible to win money doing Events, on top of getting credits for just completing laps, so in time you can buy these expensive cars for free if you drive well (I don't :p).

I have to admit I'm among the paying customers too, but I will not pay iracing prices for srw cars. 1 car per week is all nice, but I doubt it's much real life car behavior and feel modeling there, excepting maybe a few of them.
On the tracks issue, the diference from iracing versions are too large. And this is one of the few areas Iracing excels in.
maybe the message looks too critical of srw but actually I'm quite happy with it

I have to admit I'm among the paying customers too, but I will not pay iracing prices for srw cars. 1 car per week is all nice, but I doubt it's much real life car behavior and feel modeling there, excepting maybe a few of them.
On the tracks issue, the diference from iracing versions are too large. And this is one of the few areas Iracing excels in.
maybe the message looks too critical of srw but actually I'm quite happy with it

I've asked a bit about that, and seems that the iRacing versions of some tracks are fairly old hence there can be a big difference between games but both are still correct. As for which tracks are laserscanned I have no idea, they are good enough for me thats for sure. :)

True, different time(years apart) can generate differences, but mostly in the details like curbs, tarmac surface, etc.
Elevation differences, track inclination, should be less likely to change.
For example the corkscrew at Laguna and the following 2 turns seem to me quite different from iracing, mainly inclination into the turns looks exaggerated in srw. FOV can distort perception but I still think they are different.

In the end, does it matter? Not really, unless we think of ourselves more than pixel movers;)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 191 88.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 29 13.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 13.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 60 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 33.6%