Simraceway

I am at 873, still climbing, 2 things that I would like to be able to do.
Be able to choose to start last, that way I can manage to avoid most crashers in the first few corners.
Create race on invitation only, after a while we could have a group of racers who are patient and know how to race, and also be able to uninvite someone who think winning is more important than clean racing.
Saw someone at 1036 this morning, highest I have seen.

Create race on invitation only, after a while we could have a group of racers who are patient and know how to race, and also be able to uninvite someone who think winning is more important than clean racing.

I've asked the devs for this and they have answered that player/community held events/races are coming. It's part of the development they are focusing on right now, the social features.

New car released... cue massive power slides

178106_10151521600834247_2035583255_o.jpg

Did not realized until I watched your video that the gear indicator, in the dash of the SLS, does not work it is stock on 5th gear. Did not see that driving because I prefer the cockpit view without the wheel and when the wheel is not there, the gear indicator and mileage is not there.:(

Edit on June 4th, the gear indicator and mileage is there now even without the wheel,:).

Don't expect this fault to be fixed any time soon either, Im still waiting for the bumper/front-end camera to be fixed on all vehicles & I raised this issue (& a fix for the cars I owned) not long after SRW was first released....
Such a shame they feel the need to make a profit so badly that little gremlins like this are allowed through on such beautiful models in what could potentially be an awesome sim.

Have to agree with that, Lee. Some of the issues being reported, however, go beyond cameras and gear indicators, they're rather serious and still no fix - not even a word about it.

As you say, shame.

Despite all this problems the game is still appealing to me. I treat it as forza/gt for PC. Hop on hop off 5 laps races also can be fun.

While I respect that...

If all that SRW really is for people, is "Forza/GT for PC", if a lot of people feel that way, then SRW is a complete failure.

Race07 is based on the same platform and we (modders, at least some) can get a lot out of it, something the likes of Forza and GT could never come close to (yeah, we all know they're not moddable, but even with all the patches and DLCs, the handling and physics are sub-par compared to PC simracing).

GSC is also based on the same platform. It is very, very good, physics wise, and anyone can have very enjoyable races (although restricted to league racing).

But there's more. Unless we are to accept the involvement of professional race drivers such as McNish as a mere marketing ploy, then it is all the more inevitable to expect SRW to be a good, realistic, well calibrated sim, instead of a gamer's title.

Unless we are to accept the involvement of professional race drivers such as McNish as a mere marketing ploy, then it is all the more inevitable to expect SRW to be a good, realistic, well calibrated sim, instead of a gamer's title.
FWIW, I never accept racing driver partnership endorsements (where the driver works for the team) as anything other than marketing. Even if they continually drive/play the game, I only take that to mean it's enjoyable rather than realistic per-se. If it's an official tie-in rather than an unrelated driver to a 3rd party, I tend to ignore it.

FWIW, I never accept racing driver partnership endorsements (where the driver works for the team) as anything other than marketing. Even if they continually drive/play the game, I only take that to mean it's enjoyable rather than realistic per-se. If it's an official tie-in rather than an unrelated driver to a 3rd party, I tend to ignore it.

As a rule, I do not take endorsements as meaningful as long as the driver is under contract (marketing stunts). But if they're somehow giving their feedback and helping the sim take shape, I usually give them a "chance". Same thing happened with Dale Sr. and iRacing.

I fully trust drivers input when they have NOTHING to gain from giving their opinion on a sim - Rubens Barrichelo, Milner, Nick H. have stated largely positive things about STCC2 or Race07. Those I have worked for have nothing but praise for rF and Race07, and it shows in their commitment to the leagues they run/sponsor.

In this case (SRW), I was expecting the feedback from pros to actually translate to first rate modding/physics.

There's still time, though.

It only takes a few laps, with a good wheel, after taking the time to adjust it, not so hard plenty of good advice on the SWR web site forum, to realize that SRW is miles ahead of GT in terms of physics and FFB realism and possibly Forza, but I can't say about Forza because I have never played it.
Could SRW be better, most likely, but as is, it is very entertaining.
SRW offers variety in type of events, leaderboard, online competition, type of cars, decent AI and very effective support.
It deserves to be known for what it is: A very good SIM.
Some might prefer RF2, GTR evolution or any of the other also good SIM.
One thing is clear, if you are into SIM, you need to have a PC, because as far as I have experienced so far, console racing game can be entertaining, but way behind in physic and FFB, with a wheel, versus the PC SIM alternative.
I hope more people give it a (free) trial and discover what they have been missing, like I did.
See you on the track.:)

Todays new car

960238_10151533576104247_1227742314_n.jpg

Free to test for today and sold at a slight discount ($16.50 for today, $22 standard price). I haven't had time to give it a try (or any of the new cars in the last few weeks sadly).

I must admit every time i log in to Simracaway I have a great time..
Cars feel really good.. easy to drive.. but on pace with the competetion still a handfull.
Pickup some short races.. do some time trials..
Even won $ 19,- on a night with some time trials, first time i made any "money" with simracing.
For sure some of the exclusive cars are very expensive.. but 80% of the cars are much more payable and fun.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 189 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 59 27.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 34.0%