Simraceway

I´ve been testing the three GT3 cars this weekend....I´m saving money to buy one of them.....I´ve decided that I´ll be buying Audi R8 LMS or the McLaren.

Im my opinion, McLaren is easier to drive, less a challenge than the R8 but, is clearly slower...R8 LMS is faster in straight lines, but really slower in breaking zones and curves...

So, in overall, wich one is the best GT3 for you?? and why???

Thanks in advance....

Audi in this event wasn't really fun to drive, it was like on rails, not satysfying drive. Don't know if it's a setup they put for the event or it is that way all the time.
McLaren however fealt really good when i tried it in on COTA ealier on, very close to iRacing version wich is great. Would go for Mclaren.

I´ve been testing the three GT3 cars this weekend....I´m saving money to buy one of them.....I´ve decided that I´ll be buying Audi R8 LMS or the McLaren.

Im my opinion, McLaren is easier to drive, less a challenge than the R8 but, is clearly slower...R8 LMS is faster in straight lines, but really slower in breaking zones and curves...

So, in overall, wich one is the best GT3 for you?? and why???

Thanks in advance....

I'm really thinking about the Z4. But I am not too sure yet.

Thanks all of you, Swir89PL, Manolis and Cote Dazur, much appreciated....:thumbsup:

I aggree with you, imho the McLaren is the nicest one but the R8 LMS is the fastest one , that´s why I have lots of doubts....

manolis, I have M3 GT2 and I love it, but the Z4 GT3 is not my cup of tea...I really don´t like it and in addition, is the slowest car of the GT3 cars in SRW, so not the best one for Qick Race (At this moment I can´t spend money on sims, so I only buy cars with CR´s or with $$ that I won in recent events....That´s why I think so much each time I have to buy a new car :unsure: )

I think I´ll choose the McLaren.... at the end, is not just win races, but get some fun in the track...

Thanks a lot mates!!!

manolis, I have M3 GT2 and I love it, but the Z4 GT3 is not my cup of tea...I really don´t like it and in addition, is the slowest car of the GT3 cars in SRW, so not the best one for Qick Race (At this moment I can´t spend money on sims, so I only buy cars with CR´s or with $$ that I won in recent events....That´s why I think so much each time I have to buy a new car :unsure: )
Wrong tag mate!! :p

I will surely think about the GT3 I am going to get, but not too sure yet.

A big factor in my opinion, against the Z4 it is its mirrors. Not comfortable at all,but if you someone can send me some in-car screenshots of the MP4-12C GT3 and the R8 GT3 so that I can see the mirrors, it would be much appreciated :)

Gave this a blast again tonight, first proper go in a while. They put in a new update to the GT3 cars, revamp of the physics which also fixes the inbalance issue with the Audi R8 GT3 car. Can say that the MP4-12c actually feels closer to the iRacing version with the corner exit oversteer characteristics. Overall the cars feel a little better, more detailed feel about them, I like it.

Gave this a blast again tonight, first proper go in a while. They put in a new update to the GT3 cars, revamp of the physics which also fixes the inbalance issue with the Audi R8 GT3 car. Can say that the MP4-12c actually feels closer to the iRacing version with the corner exit oversteer characteristics. Overall the cars feel a little better, more detailed feel about them, I like it.

Sounds encouraging, I might have to give it another blast.

Agreed, sadly it still sounds like a beehive rather than a GT3 car :(

So I decided to sit down and try redial my wheel in on SRW since it's been ages and a OS reinstall since last I actually enjoyed it, after following the guides on the forums I got my wheel set up and tested the GT3s, the Z4 and the R8 feel very very good, the MP4 i dunno, there's something about the sound on that car that makes it so boring in SRW :(
Anyways, today I had completed enough laps so I could afford buying the latest addition to their carpool;
LOGO_2013_ChevroletCamaroZL1_FrontThreeQuarter.jpg

Good GOD it's an amazing drive! I have ofc never had the pleasure of testing this car IRL, but it drives just how I expected it would do, I love it! :D

From what I can tell they got news that Simraceway had let go of a few staff and then turned it into "Simraceway is shutting down". Always a lot of bullshit articles on Virtual R, they will post anything to get a couple of website hits.

Always a lot of bullshit articles on Virtual R, they will post anything to get a couple of website hits.
I always get my news from here and bsimracing.com - the last of the true sim racing independents. Anyway, it is a BS article as the head of SRW, Phil Davidson, responded to the article:

Hey Guys,

Just got wind of this, unfortunately - for VirtualR traffic volumes - the rumours of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. However we have had a really tough break of late and so had to let some folk go but the operation is certainly not shutting down and we’re continuing to develop and push out new content – feel free to check out our new Skill Sharding, this weekend saw some of the closest racing we've yet achieved.

All the best,
Phil

P.S. VirtualR admins our name is actually “Simraceway” (not SimRaceWay), our company name is “Ignite Game Technologies” (not Ignite Skill Gaming) and that screenshot is nearly a year old!

Further more of the 100+ cars we've released all of them can actually be acquired for no cost via credits and only a small number have very high prices (if you want to buy them rather than earn them), in fact over 40 of them are less than $1 each.

The reponse from VR moderator MontoyaVR:

I exaggerated nothing, I've just reported what I have been told. Since several sources reported exactly the same thing I figured there was merit to it. This article is certainly not meant to gloat about the problems you are in but since this is a paid service I think members deserve to know of its problems...god forbid that somebody spends a large sum of content not knowing that the title might be shut down in a few days.

Regarding the new content, I was told that will come from a back catalogue and there are no actual artists left on your team. Is this true? I'll update the article with your answer of course..

"Hey Guys,

Just got wind of this, unfortunately - for VirtualR traffic volumes - the rumours of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. However we have had a really tough break of late and so had to let some folk go but the operation is certainly not shutting down and we’re continuing to develop and push out new content – feel free to check out our new Skill Sharding, this weekend saw some of the closest racing we've yet achieved.

All the best,
Phil"

That's a pleasant surprise to wake up to. Glad to hear it.

Peter K. Who owns VR?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Forum trophies