Next Fridays [02.05.] Update speculation thread

No speculation thread. Whats up here?

My speculation is, we might get some sort of MP. Would be bad for me, because I am at a real racetrack that Weekend and can not try that out.

And on top of that, I think we get more damage.

PS: is there a lotus left, we might get? :D

I also lived that era, and can honestly say that both men were extremely talented, but from memory Senna seemed to be a much better driver than Prost. Not taking anything from Prost he was awesome to watch, as were many of the drivers in the era. You needed BIG BALLS to race in that period of F1, and both Senna and Prost had the biggest balls of all, hence they were both champions of the era.

Hi guys.. fortunately I lived in that era... For years I didnt miss one single race.. every sunday was a big joy watching the race. I still remember every minute of the day Senna died. While I can appreciate much of Prost`s ability, he was not up to Ayrton`s talent. If you examine carefully the history of both of them, you will most likely get to that conclusion. Prost had the FIA on his side, thats what gave him opportunity to fight in more or less equal conditions. And he always feared Senna.. :)

I have been watching F1 since the mid-late 80s as well. I think it is pretty clear that Senna had the capability to be the fastest on any given lap.

But that shouldn't belittle Prost's achievements nor his talent. Most of the time he was equal or pretty close to Senna in times and by some accounts he may have been the more complete driver when you take into account things like looking after the car etc. In the two seasons Senna and Prost raced together they 1) split championship titles 2) Senna scored 150 points and Prost scored 163. I know that includes the controversial disqualification of Senna at Suzuka in 89 but still--- Prost was not widely outperformed by Senna over the full course of those two seasons at McLaren. In fact, if you used modern rules where every race result counts in a season (this was not the case back then)-- Prost's advantage climbs even higher in points as he scored 186 total points in those two seasons to Senna's 154. And Prost would have won the championship instead of Senna in 88 under modern rules.

Prost won 4 championships in total... although the '89 title is a bit controversial. People forget that he also placed a close second in the championship in 4 other years. In total, that is a very impressive record when you are racing against the likes of Senna, Lauda, Mansell and Piquet.

Senna was faster on a lap, more aggressive and more charismatic. This gave him an aura when he was racing that exceeded Prost. Add to that the fact that he died driving an F1 car, and his legacy is huge. It deserves to be... he was very entertaining to watch and hugely talented. Prost's talents weren't as exciting perhaps but his F1 record is hard to argue against even if it is somewhat unfairly overshadowed by Senna.

Screen-shot-2012-07-26-at-1.29.39-PM.png

I got a good nights sleep last night and even though I would love to sleep tonight and make the update that much closer, I doubt sleep is happening again between now and Sunday or so.

The problem is that everyone already knows what to expect. There's no mystery this Friday.
Most of us have been waiting for two years or more to get on track with our friends in AC and tomorrow that finally happens...

I will be fine with MP being the only addition to the sim tomorrow but I wouldn't bet against some bug fixes and optimizations also.

I wouldn't think of it as a celebration but rather a commemoration. It was one of the most tragic and politically charged season in F1 history and there have been many, many improvements made to the cars, tracks and rules because of the drivers and fan's reactions to the events on the track during the 1994 season.

I think it would be fitting to pay tribute to Senna as well as Ratzenberger.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.3%