comfy map

Apps comfy map 0.008

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there a way to disable indicator blinkers for OTHER cars but leave mine on? Was roaming trhough settings but dont think its possible? Or to change player's arrows sizes per-type (i.e. friend arrow will be bigger than normal player's) same way as I can change arrow colour "per type" ?

Is there a way to disable indicator blinkers for OTHER cars but leave mine on? Was roaming trhough settings but dont think its possible? Or to change player's arrows sizes per-type (i.e. friend arrow will be bigger than normal player's) same way as I can change arrow colour "per type" ?
i'm sorry currently that's not possible but i could maybe add that in the future? i'm kind of trying to make the settings menu not instantly overwhelm people

i'm sorry currently that's not possible but i could maybe add that in the future? i'm kind of trying to make the settings menu not instantly overwhelm people
Wasnt trying to pitch ideas, loving the app as-is but thought maybe i didnt see the settings for that, i like to dig into personalising every app and overlay so thats why :) reason I was asking is as often when driving on bigger map (like LAC) when the distance between players are smaller on-map that someone else just behing me has hazards on but it looks like my arrow does, same thing with amount of players obscuring view of friend's arrows so cant find them without changing map resolution.
Cheers again for making it, much appreciated effort and very helpful tool!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
So, I've found that loading bad map presets and teleportation to them results in a lack of ability to pit in the standard position. Was wondering if you'd have the capability/time to add in a reset config feature?
hi, i'm sorry i'm not entirely sure i understand the issue you're describing, could you elaborate on what a bad map preset entails, how you're trying to pit, and what config comfy map would reset? ❤

what you're describing sounds a bit like teleporting to a point that doesn't have a physics surface so your car just falls into the void, which would prevent pitting using the escape menu since your car is moving. if that's the case, i would recommend binding a button to pit teleport from content manager

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 883410

I have a question. the mode works with the 1.79 preview5?

hi, i'm sorry i'm not entirely sure i understand the issue you're describing, could you elaborate on what a bad map preset entails, how you're trying to pit, and what config comfy map would reset? ❤

what you're describing sounds a bit like teleporting to a point that doesn't have a physics surface so your car just falls into the void, which would prevent pitting using the escape menu since your car is moving. if that's the case, i would recommend binding a button to pit teleport from content manager
Nah that's it though, I've loaded an improper config, and without a config ready to use for said track, it will only allow you to teleport to an incorrect pit. Using the back-to-pits button results in resetting the car in an improper pit.

I have a question. the mode works with the 1.79 preview5?
you can try installing it and see if it loads? i've tried to make sure it works on every >1.78 public version but i haven't tried every preview.

Nah that's it though, I've loaded an improper config, and without a config ready to use for said track, it will only allow you to teleport to an incorrect pit. Using the back-to-pits button results in resetting the car in an improper pit.
if you mean the button that says "pit" that's under "weird teleports lua has access to", those are pre-defined nodes in the map's 3d file which comfy map can't influence. i'm sorry i still don't know which config you are referring to, because i don't think any of the config files comfy map uses does what you're describing since comfy map shouldn't affect pit keybind behaviour in any way.

• Deleted member 883410

you can try installing it and see if it loads? i've tried to make sure it works on every >1.78 public version but i haven't tried every preview.

I have a problem in my apps folder I don’t have the lua folder

Tuttertep updated comfy map with a new update entry:

comfy map 0.006

View attachment 685768

i'm sorry for slow updates, i would feel really bad about spamming them too often and i'm trying my best to make sure they work. hopefully this one does too!

- more intuitive settings menu
- separate arrow sizes for friends and players
- separate arrow sizes for smol and big map
- option for new rounded teleport icons
- optional warning for players blocking a teleport
- optional name length limit
- friend arrows will get drawn on top of others

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there any guide content on how to use it?
i'm sorry the instructions might be a bit confusing, is there some specific part of comfy map that you're looking for help with? a short tutorial on everything would just be

1. install the map using either content manager (if your version is new enough to install lua apps), or create a lua folder inside apps folder and put the comfy map folder there.
2. in-game you would open it from the taskbar on the right side of your screen, the icon is like a pink pin
3. the user interface should hopefully be easy to use, i tried to mimic google maps for dragging and zooming, teleport points should be visible by default on servers that have them set up correctly.

Hey tut, firstly. Amazing app you've came up with. Thing is a GAME CHANGER. Makes the experience of assetto so much better. However. I have noticed that comfy map don't work with certain tracks / maps. Would you happen to know why and is it something I could fix myself or would it be something you have to fix as the developer of this app.

Hey tut, firstly. Amazing app you've came up with. Thing is a GAME CHANGER. Makes the experience of assetto so much better. However. I have noticed that comfy map don't work with certain tracks / maps. Would you happen to know why and is it something I could fix myself or would it be something you have to fix as the developer of this app.
oh my god i'm so sorry it's not working, could you give me a few examples of tracks where that happens?

comfy map uses the track's own map image, so if that's missing, it gets a bit weird. the latest version of content manager should be able to generate new map images, but i'm trying to come up with a better solution ❤
1692516421263.png

Sorry to ask, but teleportation only works online ?
don't worry okay! you're right yes, comfy map just sees online teleports and draws them as clickable points. i think the last time i tried to look at teleporting in singleplayer, the api for that didn't exist, but i could check again.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my god i'm so sorry it's not working, could you give me a few examples of tracks where that happens?

comfy map uses the track's own map image, so if that's missing, it gets a bit weird. the latest version of content manager should be able to generate new map images, but i'm trying to come up with a better solution ❤
View attachment 688655
Hey tut, sorry for the late reply. I am aware it's annoying when someone says they have an issue with something you have made, yet they take a while to respond to specifically explain the problem. Good news is, everything is fine. Once again, thank you so much for this amazing app and sorry for the late reply. Hope all is well with you! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.