- player names
- second window for compass

random stuff also included:
- drag & zoom
- middle click to toggle centering on main map
- teleport config helper in settings
- color options and arrow size in settings
- right click teleport to post in chat
- press space on map road while in f7 camera to teleport camera (possibly a bit...

Read more about this resource...

Wow, what a happy coincidence, I asked a few days ago if it was possible to have an interactive map with the teleport function!

I'm going to test it tonight, thank you fellow Shikikan (judging by your avatar)!

Great work, so useful and nice already.

Some things that stood out, to perhaps consider in the future, sometime, maybe, etc. etc. :) :
  • The older Map Display app(s) could load/select from multiple PNG files to use as the map. Nice to have multiple options, in general, but also a nice side effect was that in combination with the HUD-style Kunos Track Map app (like your Compass window) defaulting to Map.png you could have different info displayed on each. For example:
    Screenshot 2022-07-17 104255.png

Be nice to to be able to select the PNG for each of your 2 windows.

• Might be nice to be able to configure X/Y offset for the player-names? Be able to change the font colors, stroke outline thickness/color for both the names and player-arrow icons? Hard to find the perfect compromise for legibility, etc, but if you offload those tasks to the end-user it's their problem :geek:

A really handy little tool. The pit button is a nice touch when the teleport send you in the air.

All i can think for now to make it better is a opacity setting for the window background, for those who want to show the app only when needed and want fast legibility.

And like cormerv said, some options for driver names to stand up more.

It would be great if you could add the option to set up a teleport anywhere on the track.
its already in there, but you can only setup a teleport point if you own a server.

@Tuttertep
i really love the map, but there was a few things i had to mention.

there is an error when you load a track and there is no map.ini, maybe do a check if the file exists and if not use some default png, so its not causing an error?

also there is something funky going on when you scroll out on the map, yesterday it started rotating while i was driving, not sure whats causing that.

and a few suggestions:

if someone forgets to enable that option on the server that disables the nametags for traffic (not saying i would ever do that cause i did not rtfm :redface: ), you could do a simple str in str search to check if the name contains "traffic" and then not draw it, maybe as an option to enable/disable and an input box in settings to enter a string to remove.

on shuto there is a way more detailed "mini" map including named parking lots, exits and more, you could do a check if that file exists and use that instead or have an option to select another png from the map folder.

again, as i said this is all just suggestions for improvements, i love the map, thanks again for making this.

regards
Halvhjearne

Can you explain how to use the script? I press f7, then move the camera where I want and press the space bar, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Can you explain how to use the script? I press f7, then move the camera where I want and press the space bar, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
the explanation for that was a bit short i'm sorry! you can teleport the f7 camera by hovering anywhere on the map app and pressing spacebar. it checks for a physics surface and teleports you if it hit one. it's a bit scuffed right now but i left it in just in case someone finds it useful.

Nice update.

Do you plan to add a opacity setting for the window background at some point?

The offset position of the driver names is clever, but the names are still too small to be read.

Please, add a slider for it or make the size dependent on the map chosen zoom.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who has a problem with the font size of the players' names?

Here are two screenshot from a 1440p screen, even with maximum zoom, the size is really too small for my old astigmatic eyes.

compy01.jpg
compy02.jpg

AI stopped appearing on the map, any way to fix?
hmm comfy map just checks if the server is hiding labels for the ai cars. you would either have to get the server to disable hiding ai lables or open comfy map in notepad and remove both instances of the highlighted text?
Screenshot 2022-08-22 023937.jpg

Comfy map definitely made my online experience in assetto way better I appreciate your work. Is there anyway you could implement these features into the android auto GPS app? would add so much immersion to the game. In general more cm apps in there (specifically gears & pedals) would help if you want ideas for other mods :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea