Virtual Steward

Misc Virtual Steward 0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well, first step would be to enable live stewarding, so somewhat limited in scope. Making it automated, as already discussed, could prove quite challenging.

Stripe76 updated Virtual Steward with a new update entry:

Overtakes highlight replay generation

I added a feature to generate a replay comprising all the overtakes in a race, the cool part is that I found a way to make the camera in AC automatically switch to the involved car.

Basic steps to generate the replay:

- Load the replay.
- In the "Overtakes" tab, click "Find overtakes".
- The programm will populate a list of all the found overtakes.
- Click the "Create replay" button, the loaded replay will be replaced with a new one made of all the overtakes in the list, one after...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is very interesting project although we have kind of manual stewarding system in place already where drivers select the race, the driver they complain about, description, lap, time etc. info (and a link to a replay/video)

What would make this help with our already implemented system would be to send a "clipped" replay file to a webservice and give an url in return that could be pasted to the drivers incident report on our system.

But that would be just an icing on the cake as I was even more interested in the new overtake functionality, unfortunately I can't make it work, the program crashes every time I try to create the replay with the overtakes. Pressing the crete button just does "something" for a few seconds then the program closes. I've removed drivers who DNF'd, or streamer/commentator cars before attempting to create the overtake replay, no luck.

I have tried with relatively large replay files though, close to 1GB for one hour races. The create ac compatible replay is checked, and I have installed the invisible car and driver.

This is very interesting project although we have kind of manual stewarding system in place already where drivers select the race, the driver they complain about, description, lap, time etc. info (and a link to a replay/video)

What would make this help with our already implemented system would be to send a "clipped" replay file to a webservice and give an url in return that could be pasted to the drivers incident report on our system.

But that would be just an icing on the cake as I was even more interested in the new overtake functionality, unfortunately I can't make it work, the program crashes every time I try to create the replay with the overtakes. Pressing the crete button just does "something" for a few seconds then the program closes. I've removed drivers who DNF'd, or streamer/commentator cars before attempting to create the overtake replay, no luck.

I have tried with relatively large replay files though, close to 1GB for one hour races. The create ac compatible replay is checked, and I have installed the invisible car and driver.
It could definitely be a problem with the replay file size, as of now it's not optimised and I waste a lot of ram.

Could you try selecting just a few laps with the green selectors and see if it works that way? If it does you can try selecting more and more laps to see when it crashes.

It could definitely be a problem with the replay file size, as of now it's not optimised and I waste a lot of ram.

Could you try selecting just a few laps with the green selectors and see if it works that way? If it does you can try selecting more and more laps to see when it crashes.

It seems to be the too big replay file, so maybe an optimization issue. But I have a lot of RAM so probably something memory related but not out of memory issue...

Also a suggestion to somehow detect if a car is in the pitlane to not take passing of those cars into consideration automatically. It would make easier to keep those cars who DNF but stay on the pits in to account, but don't record passing of the pitlane for every car. But I'm not sure if that was my issue, as I have checked just 2-3 recordings so far. Maybe it's also track dependent.

Also I was slightly difficult to follow sometimes when the actual pass was "cut short" but then the replay started maybe too early. I would suggest something like maybe +/- 10 seconds or better yet user configurable (without choosing every time manually) time before and after.

But I have just started testing and using this so maybe I learn to manually modify them better.

Anyway, good job with this app!

It seems to be the too big replay file, so maybe an optimization issue. But I have a lot of RAM so probably something memory related but not out of memory issue...

Also a suggestion to somehow detect if a car is in the pitlane to not take passing of those cars into consideration automatically. It would make easier to keep those cars who DNF but stay on the pits in to account, but don't record passing of the pitlane for every car. But I'm not sure if that was my issue, as I have checked just 2-3 recordings so far. Maybe it's also track dependent.

Also I was slightly difficult to follow sometimes when the actual pass was "cut short" but then the replay started maybe too early. I would suggest something like maybe +/- 10 seconds or better yet user configurable (without choosing every time manually) time before and after.

But I have just started testing and using this so maybe I learn to manually modify them better.

Anyway, good job with this app!
For big replays I could do a direct to disk save, actually I was going with that at first but I thought the preview in app would be very helpful.

About the pit problem, I'll see what I can do.

The user selected before/after time will definitely be implemented, right now is fixed 9s before, 4.5s after.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 54 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 56 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 17 6.5%