Virtual Steward

Misc Virtual Steward 0.3e

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stripe76 submitted a new resource:

Virtual Steward 0.1 - A small app to review Assetto Corsa replay files

This app can open Assetto Corsa replay file and visualize them in a bird's eye view. You can then compare every player's lines with each other, including breaking points. By right clicking on a car you'll get an evaluation of the incident with a "blame" percentage for each car involved. Unluckily AC doesn't store any information about collisions in the replay file, so you'll need to do incident hunting.

You can also export the replay to a custom, stripped down version, which is about a...

Read more about this resource...

Absolutely love what you're making here, been waiting ages for someone to make an AC replay analyzer! Thought of a few things that could be added after some brief testing.

- A clock that shows at what time you are in the replay
- (This sounds like a total pain to implement but) Markers placed by estimated collision, perhaps by looking at abnormal position spikes or using the car data to have an accurate size
- Ability to select specific drivers for incident eval, rather than auto selecting nearby drivers
- Moving the slider drags the green scrubbing flags with it (more QoL than anything)

Stellar work so far mate :)

how do i install this...cheers
Download the file here in RD, it's just a .zip. Unzip it in any folder and run "Virtual Steward.exe", could ask you to install Window Desktop Runtime 8, just follow the instructions. The files in the .zip are at root level so keep the proposed folder when Windows asks where to unzip unless you already created a dedicated folder and moved the .zip there.
If your question was actually "I have some strange problem when trying to run it" please give me more details, I tested it on Windows 10 and 11 but both where developer machines, so yours could be missing some file.

Absolutely love what you're making here, been waiting ages for someone to make an AC replay analyzer! Thought of a few things that could be added after some brief testing.

- A clock that shows at what time you are in the replay
- (This sounds like a total pain to implement but) Markers placed by estimated collision, perhaps by looking at abnormal position spikes or using the car data to have an accurate size
- Ability to select specific drivers for incident eval, rather than auto selecting nearby drivers
- Moving the slider drags the green scrubbing flags with it (more QoL than anything)

Stellar work so far mate :)
Some sound suggestions here, thanks!

For the markers, there is something slightly connected to collisions in AC replays, I believe are flags to show car damages but they work only on damage enabled servers and there are a tonne of them spreaded on all the track, I could try and group them together. Probably the best way is some analysis as you suggested I'll try and see what I can do.

Didn't find the will power to implement that. :-D

Thanks again for taking the time to test the app!

Last edited:
Hi man

Thats some great program already!
I see you can also select separate laps and see the lines that are driven

Do you think it could do the following
Are you familiar with "rfVCRmerge"?
A great program we had for rFactor, when having done several laps you could load that replay file in rFvcrmerge and tick the fastest laps and merge those in to a new replay file
ingame you can see in the merged replay were you loose or win time

Here the program still useable on windows10 :)
rFVCRMerge 1.5
rFactor replay file

Last edited:
Hi man

Thats some great program already!
I see you can also select separate laps and see the lines that are driven

Do you think it could do the following
Are you familiar with "rfVCRmerge"?
A great program we had for rFactor, when having done several laps you could load that replay file in rFvcrmerge and tick the fastest laps and merge those in to a new replay file
ingame you can see in the merged replay were you loose or win time

Here the program still useable on windows10 :)
rFVCRMerge 1.31
rFactor replay file
That is a cool idea! Should be easy to implement in app but AC keeps crashing any time I mess with cars number in replay files, this will motivate me to try and make it work.

That is a cool idea! Should be easy to implement in app but AC keeps crashing any time I mess with cars number in replay files, this will motivate me to try and make it work.
Oh wauw I expected a "cant be done" :)

Yeah its great feature that I really liked when doing hotlaps, great you like the idea!
hope you get it done and have fun building it

Hi, I keep getting crash to desktop (CTD) when loading a replay. Any advices? Thanks!

EDIT: When I set AC folder, program crashes on replay load (Windows 10), when I don't set the folder, replay loads and telemetry is working on the left.

Btw I LOVE the idea of this program (you must be a league owner as well as I am :) ) and am happy to contribute with some new ideas for features in the future. Many thanks for your help in advance.

Another edit (found some event viewer logs, might help in troubleshooting):

Faulting application name: Virtual Steward.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65410000
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3086, time stamp: 0xe1ac3f79
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19
Faulting process id: 0x26cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01da2f45b1fdcbdb
Faulting application path: C:\Virtual Steward\Virtual Steward.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 4bf67709-7500-46f8-ab0d-c8970a992511
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Another EDIT:
So, I found a workaround. I load the replay then save in VS format. Then load VS format again with configured AC path. That works... so far :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately it keeps crashing. I believe it has something to do with file sizes. It even wouldn't load a smaller replay from AC format, but when loading it and saving it as VSReplay format with not configured AC path, it was working. Larger files don't even work with VSReplay format. If I find out anything more, I will report back. Thanks!

Ahhh I haven't fixed it. Still crashing to desktop. :( I love the idea behind this software... and I can't use it :( :( please help
I'm sorry it keeps crashing, I'm releasing a new version this evening, hopefully it will fix your problem but, if the replay file is not big, could you upload it somewhere and send me the link?

Are you using a Kunos track or a modded one? From AC I load the racing lines to create the track shape but I didn't test many tracks.

I'm sorry it keeps crashing, I'm releasing a new version this evening, hopefully it will fix your problem but, if the replay file is not big, could you upload it somewhere and send me the link?

Are you using a Kunos track or a modded one? From AC I load the racing lines to create the track shape but I didn't test many tracks.
Hi, thanks so much for the answer. Do you mean ideal line or AI line, is that what you use?

I will upload the replay and send you DM with link, no problem. It's a mod, not a kunos track...

Thanks for this awesome software!

Hi, thanks so much for the answer. Do you mean ideal line or AI line, is that what you use?

I will upload the replay and send you DM with link, no problem. It's a mod, not a kunos track...

Thanks for this awesome software!
It's the fast_lane.ai file, I found a Blender plug-in to import AC track lines and I just converted the code. The track lines are calculated from what I believe it's the ideal line.

BTW, I'm not a league owner, I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that not even iRacing is trying to implement a fairer SR system. Doesn't look that hard to me, I mean, even a 90% accuracy would be much better tha a 50/50 blame every time.

To try out my idea I needed a GUI and here we are. That's why I keep asking for suggestions because I don't know what a race steward would actually find useful.

Last edited:
BTW, I'm not a league owner, I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that not even iRacing is trying to implement a fairer SR system. Doesn't look that hard to me, I mean, even a 90% accuracy would be much better tha a 50/50 blame every time.

To try out my idea I needed a GUI and here we are. That's why I keep asking for suggestions because I don't know what a race steward would actually find useful.
Man I am absolutely with you. I am also driving iRacing, and imagine how much data they collect, how much "racing lines" from all the drivers? If they fed machine learning / AI all that data, it could easily determine who's more at fault in an incident. That's why I salute you.

Next step: integrate Virtual Steward with ChatGPT/OpenAI :D

Stripe76 updated Virtual Steward with a new update entry:

New version with lap merge

I released an updated version of the app, following the changes log:

- Added the replay time on the status bar
- Added a follow mode to the green indicators. Right click will make them red and they will follow the upper slider.
- Changed selection mode for incident evaluation. Ctrl+Right click: clear selection list and select that car. Right click: select/deselect that car. Shift+Right click: select car and nearby ones (legacy mode :)).
- Added a "merge laps" functionality. Clicking on the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wow that's quick for a first merging implantation!, this is al magic to me :)
I go test it now

Holy cow! it toke some time but I get it now awesome!!
fastest lap from the AI merged, ah I see now your YT vid excellent

Merged Assrtto3.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent update man!!

Idiot proofing suggestion, maybe add a little blurb about the letter controls (Like the merge lap button) not being a keybind xD tried it for a little longer than I'd like to admit.

My malfunctioning brain aside, incredible update mate, gonna use this merge thing all the time :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.