Twin Sims... The Build

the money wouldn't be going to waste.
:whistling: :O_o: :rolleyes: :roflmao:

You say you have been going through my 5+ year build thread and you still believe this ?

Bookmark this thought and set yourself a reminder in your calendar to look at this in 1 year or possibly 2 years and see how well it ages.

I remember buying my initial controls and thinking they should be all I'll ever need.

I'm not saying this to be mean and there is probably nothing to be gained by saying this and it is just something that you just need to experience personally.

With GPU's it is really a question of the resolutions of your displays and your in game settings. I personally wouldn't consider less than a 4080 for triples or a 4090 for VR with a modern headset.

Last edited:
Edit: I missed that you already got the PCs and my post was way too negative from that perspective.

The PCs are fine, maybe a bit weak on the GPU side but you can always put a 50xx in there in the future :)

Last edited:
You say you have been going through my 5+ year build thread and you still believe this ?
Only to the extent that if a purchase 2 Dayton audio exiciters that Mr Latte recommends as well as a quality and recommended sound card/amp now, these are items I can use in 6-8 months when I will most likely dive into tactile in depth.

I agree that a good sound card and good amp should be around a long time and I would say the same for large transducers, but large transducers require a lot more effort to mount. Putting a exciters directly on your seat is a lot easier than dealing with isolation and mounting plates etc.. so yes a good way to start.

My apologies for disrupting your train of thought :)

Last edited:
Teammate in my ACC league just upgraded from a 3070 + 3x 1080p to 4070 ti super + 3x 1440p.
In ACC with optimized, but high settings, he has 100-130 fps during races. Drops into the 90's during starts.
It's pretty much what his 5800X3D can provide, so decently balanced.
All other sims run the same or better, so he's very happy.
With a 4070, there will be quite some medium settings needed for 3x 1440p..

I personally max out my 3080 at around 130 fps at 3440x1440 single screen in ACC and AC 1 with the fancy stuff from CSP tanks at around 90-100 fps.
But ofc you can dial that in and not use rainFX + new reflections etc. I tuned down all the fancy down though, but have them enabled.
To get more fps, I'd definitely see a visual difference, because I'd have to simply disable some things.

So I'd very much save some money on the CPU and change the 13900k, which has 80% unnecessary, unused cores for simracing only and get a 5800X3D or 7800X3D and a 4070 ti super.
@RasmusP .

of course you´re absolutely right, BUT:
Drews PC´s are already waiting for the rigs to be assembled, so nothing can be done at this time.
No use to think over beer already spilled. ;)

Also desires differ greatly in the optics department.
Where some people declare everything under 155FPS "undriveable" i know of people who are happy with 99FPS, the builder of the "wildest sim rig ever" (who is always at fault) even is happy with 60FPS :cool:So, it will be fine!!

Last edited:
Teammate in my ACC league just upgraded from a 3070 + 3x 1080p to 4070 ti super + 3x 1440p.
In ACC with optimized, but high settings, he has 100-130 fps during races. Drops into the 90's during starts.
It's pretty much what his 5800X3D can provide, so decently balanced.
All other sims run the same or better, so he's very happy.
With a 4070, there will be quite some medium settings needed for 3x 1440p..

I personally max out my 3080 at around 130 fps at 3440x1440 single screen in ACC and AC 1 with the fancy stuff from CSP tanks at around 90-100 fps.
But ofc you can dial that in and not use rainFX + new reflections etc. I tuned down all the fancy down though, but have them enabled.
To get more fps, I'd definitely see a visual difference, because I'd have to simply disable some things.

So I'd very much save some money on the CPU and change the 13900k, which has 80% unnecessary, unused cores for simracing only and get a 5800X3D or 7800X3D and a 4070 ti super.

7800X3D is I believe one of the best options still yet for sim racing and gaming... I shared lots of videos on it about 6 months ago with thread in PC section. Also it's chipset is ready for the next thing too. Made more sense to me.

GPU is harder decision as won't we have new options within 4-6 months. I too would at least on one of the systems go with best card budget allows and towards 80 series performance. Games like AC2 will not likely be less demanding than current titles...

I need to rephrase my post to:
Yes, 4070 works fine for 3x 1440p. You might have to dial some things down in some sims, but the fps should always be high enough to have plenty of fun.
And if you want more, sell them when the 5070 comes around for a good price and you'll have more performance that you'll need for the rigs :D

The CPU is a beast and won't have any issues with any sim :thumbsup:

-------
I apparently missed the posts about the PC and it's always easy to push a potential purchase to the perfect optimum, but that doesn't mean that other parts aren't totally sufficient too.
And with pre-built PCs, it's difficult to find the "perfect combo" anyway.

Thanks for the comments and reassurance I will be at least functional. PC research started long before I entered this forum and the PC purchase is what kicked me in the xxx to get started. As I had no interest in building my own PC's, and not really interested in the 2 grand or more EACH they wanted for PC's with 4090's, I will make the 4070 work... for now... LOL

Better start saving... LOL

• Given its advanced features, the RTX 5090 comes with a premium price tag, potentially exceeding $2000, and operates on the high-performance Blackwell architecture designed for efficiency and high-speed processing.
  • The anticipated release date for the RTX 5090 is near the end of 2024, with better availability expected in early 2025, hinting at a strategic timeline for potential buyers to start saving and planning for this investment in cutting-edge graphics technology.

Don't worry about the 5090 for now. You absolutely won't need one, as long as you don't buy one of the best VR headsets currently available.
5090 will Probably have at least 2x the performance of the 4070 and you'll see, that you'll only want 30-40% more performance, if any at all :)

So a 5070 will already be plenty enough.

So, up early this morning and attempting to tackle the least favorite part of this... getting network and additional power to the wall I want to install my rigs against.

20 years ago, when I built the house and 17ish years ago when I finished the basement, I "attempted" :rolleyes: to future proof the basement by running at lot of addition wires and power to a lot of locations.

I never through this corner would end up being "computer central". The plugs on the wall including the TV above, and the outlets in the bedroom (aka work out room) are all on one 20amp 120v circuit. (at least 20 is better than 15).

When I move the treadmill into the workout room there is one plug I can get to in that room that will allow the treadmill to be on a separate circuit so if someone is on that the same time the rigs are going... no issue.

So now I am trying to run wires from the utility room to the target wall without massive drywall repairs.

The lowered ceiling section on the right side of this pick for the cold air returns gives slightly better access, but still not great for fishing wire.

1712323330202.png

Before the curse words started to fly, thought I would take a little break.

Now, no comments on my wire management (aka manglement) as this is all buried in a closet, but I did go to extremes to run additional lines (cat 5, coax and phone lines) all around my theater, to the upstairs living room, to the padio, and even to the deck.

1712324014042.png

1712324080037.png

Even ran 1.5 inch PVC piple from the theatre equipment closet (seen above) to various areas so I could pull future line from the utility room, projector location, screen location, and the seating location...

One example seen below.

1712324244676.png

Any way... That is where I am...

I am tempted to idiot rig the network lines around the door frame or something equally "redneck" but afraid once I do, I would never repair.

And would one 20amp 120 volt line carry

2 PC's
2 simucube 2 pro wheel bases
6 32 inch monitors
1 55 inch scrren above.
pedal, gear shifts

If/when motion is added.... More power needed...

Time for more coffee... Then... Let the cursing begin!!!

Rabbit hole... might be better than this one. Getting my head up here was a "challenge".

1712330163522.png

Just under 4 feet to where the wires would need to go down on the left of this shot (longer than my arms).

Then took a step back...

I wired the vast majority of the basement.

Lighting and receptacles on separate circuits...

The vast majority of the circuits were new with the finished basement but the origianl, builder, single lighting circuit that the builder wired (just so you would have like 3 bulbs in the entire unfinished basement) was reused, but very lightly.

PIc one.

1712330588158.png

The light switch here is part of the new wiring on a 20-amp circuit, but is a 3-way switch, and the source power does not start in this box. So not a good switch to tie into. The source power goes into a 5-switch gang lighting box across the room and I am not touching that thing. It was a bear to wire.

However...

Directly behind that switch, is the light switch for the bedroom that runs off the old, original lighting, 15amp circuit.

1712330921424.png

This is box is for the light/ceiling fan in the room.

The 15 circuit only has the following attached to it.

• This bedroom light/fan
  • Utility room light (2 bulbs)
  • Light at the bottom of the stairs
  • 3/4 basement bath light and fan
No plugs at all.

If I simply tie into that light switch from the bedroom side and run a wire down to new box on the game room side... viola!!! 15 amps of very clean power, right where I need it!!!

Might run the just the PC's to this plug and run everything else of the other circuit.

No one sick the Code police on me... LOL

Last edited:
Well.. Pulled the TV off the wall to take a look at what wiring I had stashed up there with my "future proof" extra wiring... And what did I find?

• one 5-wire RCA cable set (don't laugh, I was using that a decade ago to duplicate my theatre image in the game room).
  • two coax cables
and....
  • TWO cat 5 lines!!!

1712341129094.png

I can use these cat 5 lines for the network lines.... BUT, there will be some splicing.

These wires go to the theatre closet where I then would have to route to the utility room through PVC the up to the den where the router is.

So. Options to get network to this corner.

1. Multiple splices
    1. Run factory network cable from router, through den floor, through PVC channel to Theatre closet. End in factory end.
    2. Attached the above cable to cat 5 in theatre closet that runs to box behind TV
    3. Connect that end of cat 5 directly to factory cable from PC or to connector that connects to PC. (extra splice_
  2. Run factory end cable from router through den floor, through utility room into basement ceiling and target wall where wire comes directly out of wall with no connector and pluged directly into PC. Preferred but not sure I can pull this off.
  3. Redneck verision of #2 where wire is mounted externally around door frame of bedroom.
  4. Move router to basement but several potential issues with connectivity to 2nd floor and current Den PC requires Network line as well.... Not a great option.
  5. Test new PC's wireless functionality and see if it is sufficient? Not a fan.
  6. Massive Dry wall repairs. Not a fan.

Ooooo Two Corbeau FX1 Wide Seats

Glad I returned the standard and went wide. Very nice!

If I recline them just a smidge, my whole back comes in contact with the seat and VERY comfortable. Nice shoulder contact without feeling squeezed and even some contact with the sides of my hips yet not squeezed.

Future tactic should transmit well.

I am 6 foot 225 lbs with a 38" (ish) waist (pushing 40"). The 38" pants have some elastic in them... LOL :rolleyes:

1712346232006.png

The backs of these seat are also fairly flat without huge divots or mounds that should make applying tactile easier in the future.

1712347164650.png

Keeping all lights on a dedicated circuit with no outlets happens to make sense,
particularly in rooms lacking alternative illumination if/when other loads trip a breaker.

Oh, I agree, but in this very limited case, the lights that will go out, won't even be the in same room. Just hope it never goes out when someone is in the bathroom taking a piss or there might be a mess to clean up if their aim isn't steady... LOL

Couch gone.

Treadmill moved.

1712371144232.png

Note Speaker between Red Wing dart board and TV mount...

Remove Grill

1712371201145.png

Remove speaker.

1712371234012.png

And now have access to wall top plate. Just break out a long drill bit and I should be in business to get the network lines installed!!!

Just had to stare at it long enough to see the obvious.

Will do the drilling tomorrow.

1712371387883.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes