Track Map Display (Extended)

Apps Track Map Display (Extended) 4.7.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Where in Content manager is the option to turn on this app please?
In the video on the front page you can see all necessary steps. I am not aware of any other setting in Content Manager or CSP that could disable these kind of apps. At least not in the default configuration.

See

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I've tested it there (joined into existing sessions) and at least the laps that were completed after I joined didn't show up. Neither with 0.1.80-p346 nor with p218. So I guess both are bugged in these regards.

The app is using this field
View attachment 684455
and the value just never changes for any car (it has a different default in the 2 preview versions, but still it doesn't change, when someone has a new lap).

So maybe it only counts full laps without starting from the pits (so not Nordschleife Tourist) or there is simply a bug with that property in CSP. I currently have no other property I could use, so for now, that's just the way it is...
First off, THANK YOU for all of your work. I am immensely appreciated and use both of your apps religiously, there are no substitutes! I came here to post the same question/issue as MaxFrames and to shed a little more light on it - In the F1 league I partake in, there is a looping practice up all week until race day (server link https://acstuff.ru/s/q:race/online/join?httpPort=8081&ip=108.48.84.222), and I always appear as position 1. Using the old/original Map Display, the positions update correctly, but the extended one doesn't update the positions in any of the practice sessions and possibly in Quali as well, I don't exactly remember. They do update in the race! I can run multiple successive laps on a circuit in practice and my position is always 1 despite others in the session posting faster laps, and anyone else in the server does not get a different position either. Interestingly (or not?) is the other drivers in the server do not go sequentially. What I mean is that if I am in the server (and thus showing 1) and someone else joins, they are not number 2, last night the other person was position 14 and a third person who joined was position 6. I am running CSP 1.80-346, but I've had this issue with the MDE prior to this CSP.

Last edited:
I can't get the app to show position correctly in practice mode, I am always P1. I think for everyone else they order correctly, just my place is wrong so everyone elses is +1. The positions shown next to drivers names above their cars are correct. I'd really like to see who is faster and slower by looking at the map. Color modes and text modes are set to position, and it works correctly in race.

I have the same issue and IIRC I didn't have it initially, maybe it's to do with CSP preview 346?

First off, THANK YOU for all of your work. I am immensely appreciated and use both of your apps religiously, there are no substitutes! I came here to post the same question/issue as MaxFrames and to shed a little more light on it - In the F1 league I partake in, there is a looping practice up all week until race day (server link https://acstuff.ru/s/q:race/online/join?httpPort=8081&ip=108.48.84.222), and I always appear as position 1. Using the old/original Map Display, the positions update correctly, but the extended one doesn't update the positions in any of the practice sessions and possibly in Quali as well, I don't exactly remember. They do update in the race! I can run multiple successive laps on a circuit in practice and my position is always 1 despite others in the session posting faster laps, and anyone else in the server does not get a different position either. Interestingly (or not?) is the other drivers in the server do not go sequentially. What I mean is that if I am in the server (and thus showing 1) and someone else joins, they are not number 2, last night the other person was position 14 and a third person who joined was position 6. I am running CSP 1.80-346, but I've had this issue with the MDE prior to this CSP.

Thanks again for reporting the issue. Sadly there is still no update that fixes this in CSP, so I've decided to implement a workaround. The app will now try to calculate the best laps of each driver itself. This is kind of error prone because there are some exceptions that might occur (laps could be invalid, you could connect to a session and a user finishes a lap that was already started before you joined, a driver could teleport back to the pit and be "after" start/finish). So I've tried to base this on the time for the current lap of a driver. Which seems kind of reliable.

BUT: laps that were started before you joined the session will not count, so drivers might have best laps in SubStanding or the AC leaderboard but are still "last" in MapDisplay. I just can't get the value that SubStanding uses in a LUA app, so that can't be (reasonably) solved.

Please let me know if this somewhat helped. There might be edge cases that I didn't think of, leading to incorrect positions. And you can also only "trust" positions for drivers that actually have a valid lap, everyone else is rather randomly numbered.

I had a hard time testing this as there are not too many open practice servers with the content that I own and waiting for other players to finish valid laps all the time is also not optimal.

Also, this will not correctly work on Nordschleife Tourist as the calculated lap time will contain all the time in the pit lane as well. The timer is reset when passing the "Audi" sign on the straight and not again when passing the actual start line.

Hi, great app.

Can be possible a map similar to the "Flat Map" from RaceLab?

View attachment 686383

I did not forget you or rather the feature request. There is a little sneak peak now available, as I'm currently finalizing the implementation.
overview.png

It will show the sector lines, as well as the blocks for start/end that will be colored based on the flags (white/yellow/blue) to also have a color indicator in there. Currently working on the settings, but it can be expected to be similar to the other 2 widgets in terms of settings.

I hope that this is what you had in mind :)

Last edited:
No te olvidé de ti o más bien de la solicitud de función. Hay un pequeño adelanto disponible ahora, ya que actualmente estoy finalizando la implementación.
View attachment 695915

Mostrará las líneas del sector, así como los bloques de inicio/final que se colorearán según las banderas (blanco/amarillo/azul) para tener también un indicador de color allí. Actualmente estamos trabajando en la configuración, pero se puede esperar que sea similar a los otros 2 widgets en términos de configuración.

Espero que esto sea lo que tenías en mente.:)

It is, even more so. Excellent

AW939 updated Track Map Display (Extended) with a new update entry:

V4.7 - Progress Map

• implement MapDisplay Progress widget (similar to RaceLab's FlatMap)
  • detect cars in pit lane and allow to hide them or scale them relatively to the marker size
  • make position marker image configurable
    • pin (default)
    • circle
    • flat circle (no gradient background, similar to circles in v2.X and v3.X)
  • Fix: make position marker size independent from car rotation (driving up- or downwards was previously...

Read the rest of this update entry...

can i get a better explanation of what this is? is it sector 1 sector 2 and sector 3 or its just a display of the start of the pitlane and the end of the pitlane with the drivers inside of it, showing where they are at inside the pit lane.
View attachment 696180
The lines are dividing the sectors. I thought with the related settings names this might be self explanatory, but I'll add a small paragraph in the overview.

The start/finish is also where the bar starts. The white lines at start and end are more of a design thing, but they will also get colored based on current flag status, like the other maps are as well.

The pit lane is not displayed in the bar. You can per default only estimate where it is based on the circles getting smaller while the driver is in the pit

Last edited:
Hi -- I've always loved your app, but for some reason, just having v4.7 installed reduces my frame rate to 17 or 18 fps. Any idea why that would happen?

Hi -- I've always loved your app, but for some reason, just having v4.7 installed reduces my frame rate to 17 or 18 fps. Any idea why that would happen?
I've pushed an update. Please test again. It wouldn't work correctly with non-preview CSP versions.

Otherwise I couldn't reproduce any slower processing. For me 4.7 is as fast and light on FPS as 4.6.
So if it's still not better I'd be interested in what CSP version you use, and maybe a screenshot of the LUA Debug app as mentioned in the FAQ. I can see the calculation durations in there, to maybe get a hint on the issue.

Last edited:
I've pushed an update. Please test again. It wouldn't work correctly with non-preview CSP versions.

Otherwise I couldn't reproduce any slower processing. For me 4.7 is as fast and light on FSP as 4.6.
So if it's still not better I'd be interested in what CSP version you use, and maybe a screenshot of the LUA Debug app as mentioned in the FAQ. I can see the calculation durations in there, to maybe get a hint on the issue.
Yes, that was it! Works beautifully now, just as before. Thanks for the lightning-fast response. I am indeed on an older CSP version -- 1.80 preview 1, which is where I plan to stay -- so I appreciate the fix!

Last edited:
Very nice app!

Question: which positions are shown? From leaderboard or live time?
Are these still correct after a rejoin?
Neither, the positions are calculated internally because with the currently available CSP versions the leaderboard values are not available online. So the calculation ist done as similar as possible (based on best lap times in practice/quali or the race position in races)

They will not be correct after a rejoin, because the used values for the calculation will get reset. So it's only based on what happened while you were connected.

That's sadly currently a limitation for LUA apps. Thoug they are also for the older python apps not correct when rejoining, as far as I am aware.

Neither, the positions are calculated internally because with the currently available CSP versions the leaderboard values are not available online. So the calculation ist done as similar as possible (based on best lap times in practice/quali or the race position in races)

They will not be correct after a rejoin, because the used values for the calculation will get reset. So it's only based on what happened while you were connected.

That's sadly currently a limitation for LUA apps. Thoug they are also for the older python apps not correct when rejoining, as far as I am aware.
Thanks for the answer!
Yes, I know the issue about the laps count.
If the server runs with Real Penalty it would be possible to use it for the right laps ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.