Track Map Display (Extended)

Apps Track Map Display (Extended) 4.7.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi, can this be used with csp preview 346 because it does not work and only the non extended version works and im not sure if its because of csp or not

edit: i downloaded an older version (3.6) and it worked i think you need to fix something mate

Last edited:
I installed latest version yesterday because I have a weird bug that causes some cars to not show up in the map. It seems to affect cars that join the server after me, and possibly only different cars than the one I am driving in. Still happens in latest version unfortunately..

hi, can this be used with csp preview 346 because it does not work and only the non extended version works and im not sure if its because of csp or not

edit: i downloaded an older version (3.6) and it worked i think you need to fix something mate
Please read the FAQ and submit a more detailed bug report if you need any assistance. For me it's working on p346 without any problems.

I installed latest version yesterday because I have a weird bug that causes some cars to not show up in the map. It seems to affect cars that join the server after me, and possibly only different cars than the one I am driving in. Still happens in latest version unfortunately..
I'm not sure what that could be. I've just tested it online, and for me the new players did show up (tested on a Nordschleife Tourist server). They don't show up at all? There was an addition to make players smaller while in the pitlane, based on the map that could affect the display. But per default it shouldn't hide them

It will hide drivers that hide labels though. Usually traffic, but not sure how CSP detects that, maybe some other players are affected by that.
1696290477836.png

Last edited:
Please read the FAQ and submit a more detailed bug report if you need any assistance. For me it's working on p346 without any problems.

I'm not sure what that could be. I've just tested it online, and for me the new players did show up (tested on a Nordschleife Tourist server). They don't show up at all? There was an addition to make players smaller while in the pitlane, based on the map that could affect the display. But per default it shouldn't hide them

It will hide drivers that hide labels though. Usually traffic, but not sure how CSP detects that, maybe some other players are affected by that.
View attachment 698352
When you say Hide Labels, do you mean when I have driver names turned off so I don't see their names above their car? Because I do have a button assigned to switch that on and off on the fly to see who I am battling.

When you say Hide Labels, do you mean when I have driver names turned off so I don't see their names above their car? Because I do have a button assigned to switch that on and off on the fly to see who I am battling.
No I don't think that's connected. I never show driver names in game and it works for me. I'm not sure what CSP internally does, the only info I have, is what I posted in the screenshot. Maybe CSP has a bug of detecting players correctly in there.
But it could be completely unrelated, it's the main technical identifier for hidden cars though.

So far I couldn't reproduce the issue, so connecting to a server and waiting for new people to join wasn't causing any drivers to be hidden on my side.

I'm using CSP p346 and the latest MapDisplay (extended) version. I've even tried resetting the extension state via deleting \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\state\lua\app\map_display.ini
Maybe it's specific servers only? I'm not very active at the moment, so I'm not usually driving online. I've not experienced any issues. Best would be a screenshot of the Lua Debug as mentioned in the FAQ, otherwise I'll most likely not be able to find the problem.

I have a problem using p346 where the positions stated in the Map Display are not correct in Quali. Somehow the Map Display is the only one that's wrong, as Substandings and my other apps are correct. Weirdly, that only happens in Quali, as Practice and Race positions are correct

I have a problem using p346 where the positions stated in the Map Display are not correct in Quali. Somehow the Map Display is the only one that's wrong, as Substandings and my other apps are correct. Weirdly, that only happens in Quali, as Practice and Race positions are correct
In general Quali and Practice should be handled completely equally. Is that only happening if a session switches from practice to quali (and only online)?

It will not be equal to Substanding though, as simply the required information is missing, even with the latest CSP. It'll just collect the best laps internally based on the available values (lapTime and whether the last lap was valid). This approach is really error prone, as it might and will differ from the AC internal state and python apps like SubStanding (either because there were laps started before you joined the session, or CSP detects laps as invalid, that AC didn't, or the lapTime is calculated differently in CSP).

But there are no other values available as of yet, so until CSP fixes the missing attributes this is the best and pretty much only approach there is. It should be pretty reliable if you sit in a session from the start though. At least there should be no difference between quali and practice.

any possibility to stop the track display from changing colors? blue or yellow flags make the track change to their color and its distracting me a lot

Works great! And now in Lua, it is no longer halving my framerate! Thrilling stuff!

One suggestion.
On progress bar, I see you are already putting cars into separate PitLane row, when the pitlane cars are set to scale. Would it be possible, to have these scaled cars, on separate row, be distributed over their own width? I wouud love to be able to see, who is in pitlane now, instead of a blob of bunched circles.

Especially awesome if this list would be able to maintain order by time of entry into the lane. But, as I don't think there is in-game logic for this information, it is not possible.

Neither, the positions are calculated internally because with the currently available CSP versions the leaderboard values are not available online. So the calculation ist done as similar as possible (based on best lap times in practice/quali or the race position in races)

They will not be correct after a rejoin, because the used values for the calculation will get reset. So it's only based on what happened while you were connected.

That's sadly currently a limitation for LUA apps. Thoug they are also for the older python apps not correct when rejoining, as far as I am aware.

Hey @AW939
I have just asked around the CSP community and there should be a "get positions from server" functionality in LUA API provided with CSP 0.2+.
Maybe it is good time to make the update.

Hi, I think there is a problem with the full map. Sometimes, some cars cannot be seen. The thing that's strange, is that the mini map has not issues. So if I use both maps in the same time, the mini map is able to show me every driver, whereas the full map is not. I don't have set any driver to hide

Hi, I think there is a problem with the full map. Sometimes, some cars cannot be seen. The thing that's strange, is that the mini map has not issues. So if I use both maps in the same time, the mini map is able to show me every driver, whereas the full map is not. I don't have set any driver to hide
are the drivers that you can't see, people that joined the server after you?

are the drivers that you can't see, people that joined the server after you?
I don't know surely, but probably yes. A friend of mine was in the lobby with me and I couldn't see him in the full map. And yeah he joined after me. For complete information, he was using also a different car than mine, but I don't know if that is relevant

Can I import class info from substanding? Also can you make a option of showing myself in a circled colored-by-classed dot rather than a cyan dot?

Last edited:
Edit: also the mini map has the same problem, and this time I'm sure it's not only with cars that have joined the lobby after me. Don't know the reason though. The drivers missing are different between the two maps, so it seems they take datas in two different ways (which I don't know if that makes sense).

And I noticed another thing: sometimes the maps show different positions compared to SubStanding. For example, today I was third overall accordingly to SubStanding (first in my class), and it was correct, but the maps showed me in fifth position

I'm trying to install this but it's not appearing in either content manager apps list or the in-game list. I've tried both dragging it into CM and after that a manual install directly into the folder. It's gone into the lua folder, is that correct? I do have the recommended version of CSP and the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2022 as well. Thanks!

Edit: I think I'm dumb... it was there in the right hand in-game menu the whole time! I do find it interesting that it doesn't show up in CM though

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea