Track Map Display (Extended)

Apps Track Map Display (Extended) 4.7.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think the first time I saw it not working was when I loaded ~55 cars into a trackday session so I could add all their classes in and get them colored. The first time I tried there was another weird issue with the graphics that made the bloom insanely bright so I restarted, opened the settings and that was the first time I remember seeing the empty classes menu. Here's the config file you mentioned, I hope it helps.

Attachments

• map_display.ini
    8.2 KB · Views: 32
I think the first time I saw it not working was when I loaded ~55 cars into a trackday session so I could add all their classes in and get them colored. The first time I tried there was another weird issue with the graphics that made the bloom insanely bright so I restarted, opened the settings and that was the first time I remember seeing the empty classes menu. Here's the config file you mentioned, I hope it helps.
Thanks for the swift response!

Yeah, I can see in that file that it was incorrectly stored. My guess would be that the early shutdown/restart caused it to not fully write the config and it left some inconsistent state (the class state of the full map is empty in your settings file).

And there's actually a difference here between the latest 0.1.80 preview and 0.1.79 of CSP, as the bug does not occur with the first, but with the official 0.1.79 release. So it would be fixed with the next CSP release I guess, but I'll implement a workaround for compatibility.

For now to fix it you could (on your end) remove the line "9035221814821255553=" from your settings file (the file you have send, you can edit it in a text editor, make a backup beforehand to make sure it's not fully corrupted), then it should restart with the default classes and you could at least copy over the ones from the mini map. Reverting to the defaults is also what would happen with the next release then automatically

Last edited:
Yes I removed that empty value and it works great now thank you. And in retrospect maybe I should have mentioned this earlier but when the error started I was actually on 0.1.80 preview 115, I downgraded to 0.1.79 as part of the troubleshooting steps. Thanks for the help

AW939 updated Track Map Display (Extended) with a new update entry:

V4.3

• added Map Generation shape optimizations, to better use the available space while keeping them rotatable
  • implement settings to be able to customize Full Map margins
  • workaround for tryParse not using default parameter to handle settings errors correctly

Example for the shape optimizations
View attachment 664162
  • Yellow lines are the app boundaries
  • Blue is the rotation area of the map (biggest circle fitting into the app window)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After installing the latest update I started to get weird crashing issues. Mostly when I openend the main menu (the one with return to pits, quit race etc option) AC would crash back to desktop. Sometimes with a LUA error but mostly it just crashed without any error.

I wasn't sure if it was because I installed the update, but I deleted it, also uninstalled the Neys then reinstalled your latest version and knock on wood but so far no more crashes.

Hello, I'm currently using 4.3 and having issues with both full and minimap in online races. Settings of two modes were set to text mode = "Position" and color mode = "Position Based". Sometimes the position and color is wrong. Position is sometimes off by one or two places, color indicates other drivers were behind or lapped but they are not.

Assetto Corsa 5_30_2023 15_05_07.jpg

Assetto Corsa 5_30_2023 15_07_58.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I'm currently using 4.3 and having issues with both full and minimap. Settings of two modes were set to text mode = "Position" and color mode = "Position Based". Sometimes the position and color is wrong. Position is sometimes off by one or two places, color indicates other drivers were behind or lapped but they are not.

View attachment 668212
View attachment 668213
Thanks for reporting. Is that both only for a short period of time and fixing itself oder does it stay like this?

Based on the screenshots I guess this was an online race? Did it have previous sessions like practice/quali? Did you rejoin at any point in time?

Because especially the position is based directly on CSP data, and not "calculated" like in SubStanding. So it's really weird if that is wrong. Might be a bug in CSP though.
The "lapping" should be similar. I'll have a look if I find something that could cause this

And which CSP version do you use?

If you encounter this again, it would be great if you could make a screenshot of the LuaDebug as mentioned in the FAQ. I currently have no idea what causes this, but I guess something within the CSP functions does not work as expected and is causing some update failures

Maybe you could also try replacing your Assetto Corsa/apps/lua/map_display/map_display.lua with the attached file (see next message), that contains additional session change detections. It might be the case that a previous session was not correctly reset before your race started and thus it's displaying incorrect data.

Last edited:
Updated LUA (you have to remove the .txt extension to correctly replace the file. I could not upload the file otherwise)

Attachments

• map_display.lua.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time on this.

Using CSP 0.1.79, The server is Qualy > Race x 1. It's fine with singleplayer/offline with AI, but not with online multiplayer.

With the 4.3, I tried joining on quali > race session and a straight join to race session. Both have issue with the position color mode, it won't resolve itself by giving it time or rejoining in any phase. And the Position number will be off for quite some time but will resolve itself later on in the race.

And also no luck with the updated file.

But what I've observed is that it's fine on the first lap and starts breaking down when the cars are making it into the second lap and so on. (Cars ahead will be green(orange->green) when they made it to 2nd lap, then the next lap (3rd lap) they will be blue.) (For cars behind, they will be blue when they made it to 2nd lap (not lapped yet, green->blue)). They all turn blue eventually, even when letting myself get lapped by many laps, they won't change color. But if I spectate someone, it is somehow correct for them. Their ahead and behind cars are of the correct color, but the lapping and lapped cars are wrong. It's like it is also treated as ahead and behind

LuaDbg screenshot when this occurred:
Assetto-Corsa-mapdisplay_new_ver.jpg

Last edited:
We are having the same problem with positions not showing correctly and especially P1 showing as P2 but it kinda fixes itself some times.. Happened in our last 2 races where I used newest version.

Thank you for taking the time on this.

Using CSP 0.1.79, The server is Qualy > Race x 1. It's fine with singleplayer/offline with AI, but not with online multiplayer.

With the 4.3, I tried joining on quali > race session and a straight join to race session. Both have issue with the position color mode, it won't resolve itself by giving it time or rejoining in any phase. And the Position number will be off for quite some time but will resolve itself later on in the race.

And also no luck with the updated file.

But what I've observed is that it's fine on the first lap and starts breaking down when the cars are making it into the second lap and so on. (Cars ahead will be green(orange->green) when they made it to 2nd lap, then the next lap (3rd lap) they will be blue.) (For cars behind, they will be blue when they made it to 2nd lap (not lapped yet, green->blue)). They all turn blue eventually, even when letting myself get lapped by many laps, they won't change color. But if I spectate someone, it is somehow correct for them. Their ahead and behind cars are of the correct color, but the lapping and lapped cars are wrong. It's like it is also treated as ahead and behind

LuaDbg screenshot when this occurred:
View attachment 668470
We are having the same problem with positions not showing correctly and especially P1 showing as P2 but it kinda fixes itself some times.. Happened in our last 2 races where I used newest version.

Thank you both! This really seems like a CSP bug, but I will see if I can somehow reproduce it on my end and try to find a workaround.

I would guess that mainly the lapcount does not work correctly in that csp version, as the race position is also based on that as far as I know.

If that's really the case, it would be hard to fix it as these are really basic properties, but I'll see what I can do

I forgot to say I am on CSP 0.1.79. If you can confirm it is CSP bug, maybe Ilja can fix it..

Also we use ACSM for our servers, so could be something to do with that?

Last edited:
I could reproduce it now with a default assetto server locally, running AC twice. The lap count is not updated for remote players. So they always count to be on lap 0. So this is definitely a CSP bug, happening at least in 0.1.79 and 0.1.80-p218.

For now I'd need to count laps "myself" and calculate the position based on that as well, as most likely both are related to the same problem in CSP

There's an additional sessionLapCount, which is not fully documented, but seems to work online. Not sure what lapCount is meant for though.
I'll run a few tests and also implement an own position calculation, that should fix the two issues.

The workaround seems to work, but one of our tv vans show up on the map even when I have it set to not show parked cars.

I tried to change settings early on in the race when I noticed it, but it was already set to hide parked cars, so not really sure what the problem is..

The workaround seems to work, but one of our tv vans show up on the map even when I have it set to not show parked cars.

I tried to change settings early on in the race when I noticed it, but it was already set to hide parked cars, so not really sure what the problem is..
I actually missed making that threshold configurable, will add that (1 m/s is currently the speed threshold). Most likely it was just really slowly moving or at least detected as such.

What do you think about a settings tab that lists all cars in the lobby and you can tick a box to hide them? Wouldn't be stored then I guess, so has to be repeated everytime, but might be easiest to use. Because I think hiding certain cars could also be confusing, when you actually use them (and don't remember that setting)

I actually missed making that threshold configurable, will add that (1 m/s is currently the speed threshold). Most likely it was just really slowly moving or at least detected as such.

What do you think about a settings tab that lists all cars in the lobby and you can tick a box to hide them? Wouldn't be stored then I guess, so has to be repeated everytime, but might be easiest to use. Because I think hiding certain cars could also be confusing, when you actually use them (and don't remember that setting)
I would forget to mark them before every race. I don't think the car was moving though, since it was through the whole race and the other tv van was hidden ok.

If there was an option to write in the names of the cars that should always be hidden, that might work really well.

I would forget to mark them before every race. I don't think the car was moving though, since it was through the whole race and the other tv van was hidden ok.

If there was an option to write in the names of the cars that should always be hidden, that might work really well.
Do you mean the actual car name like "Porsche 911" or the driver of that car (so driver name?), or maybe even a car tag, like for the classes?

This would be car name based and persistent. You can only add cars from the current race though.
1685839087005.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 47 36.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 75 58.6%