The Crew 2 - 1.jpg The Crew 2 - 2.jpg The Crew 2 - 3.jpg The Crew 2 - 4.jpg The Crew 2 - 5.jpg The Crew 2 - 6.jpg
Hotly anticipated new Ubisoft racing game sequel 'The Crew 2" is set for open beta release soon, alongside revealing plenty of post release details...

Set to focus on the high speed world of land, sea and air, the Crew 2 looks set to be a bumper package of high performance thrills encased in impressive graphics wrapping around a large open scale world environment.

Featuring both vehicles on land and air for the first time, alongside the traditional two and four wheel machines, the Crew 2 has already garnered plenty of attention from the gaming community and media since it was announced back in May 2017.

Making use of the increasingly popular Unreal 4 game engine, and looking to ramp up the action in every way from the original title, a game that strangely seemed to start life rather troubled until a number of improvements made for a very well fleshed out arcade racer later in its game development lifecycle.

Now with the sequel to the best selling title on the way, developers Ubisoft have confirmed those fans unlucky enough to miss out on the closed beta will get another chance - with a new open beta program confirmed for the very near future!

All is set to be revealed at E3 in LA over the next few days, and with a full game release scheduled for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 29th, the gaming world won't have long to wait to try it out for ourselves...

The Crew 2 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC June 29th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

For more news and discussions around the upcoming The Crew 2, head over to our new The Crew 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, joining in with your fellow community members discussing this exciting new driving game.

Looking forward to The Crew 2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
We also played the Beta, it's OK for the type of game it is aimed to be, a pure Forza Horizon / GTA online racing type game. It's better than I expected in that comparison too.

Cars, boats, planes and all easy enough to control - the cars already handle better than in The Crew. The vehicles all handle similarly to Far Cry 5, so not quite as good as GTA, which is no real surprise.

The one truly exceptional element is the size of the map, it is massive.

On the downside it has a similar upgrade system to the latest Need For Speed and several different progressions and currency systems that look designed to encourage micro transactions, which is not good when it's aimed at kids.

If you like Forza Horizon type games you'll probably like this. It's one we will pick up and play with the kids.

• Deleted member 151827

Could not properly bind my csw v2 and v3 pedals. I'll be waiting for after release to see if they fix it!

Wheels were not well supported in the Beta, the TX458 wheel worked but had no FFB at all.

In a game where during the freeroam element of the game, in between race/stunt events, you can switch at any moment between car, boat and plane (the kids figured that out not me) a wheel is pretty much useless anyway. Switching from a plane at altitude to a boat and watching it drop to land on the sea and continue is quite funny, it's definitely not aiming at serious play.

• Deleted member 197115

Played closed beta. Between this and FH3, would pick FH3.
MS should also reveal FH4 at E3.

Anyone found planes even remotely enjoyable, utter junk IMO.

I liked the original The Crew because of it's wheel support, and though it's physics weren't perfect, it had weight transfer and general weight feeling of vehicles. At least if you made absolutely sure never to install a "handling upgrade!" exhaust part :D

I'm completely confused by everyone saying the cars handle "better". Is it just controllers?
I haven't been in the closed beta but I've watched a lot of videos. I know its not a good way to judge physics but like....it looks closer to need for speed than anything else...idk how that's an improvement. Maybe I'm mistaken?

Either way, based on what I've viewed, I don't think plugging in a T500 will be gratifying.

Tested this briefly and I wouldn´t expect much in peripheral support. It don´t see my MMOS OSW anyway. Maybe specific for the beta but the design suggest it´s really isn´t supposed to be run on a wheel. I wonder if you are not potentially faster on a keyboard then a gamepad so is the total lack of physics.

LA City is very poorly and generic done. Colourscheme is similar to de Blobs. The kind of racing game that makes you want to rant forever how lacking it is. Can race boats and airplanes as well but physics on them is just the same. It´s the worst physics I can recall. Ghost recon wildlands and Far Cry 5 has better arcade physics. May reinstall the Crew and see if I can get into it now after some updates. It was actually quite good from what I recall if not anything stellar.

Played it last night too, fps is limited on pc to either 30 or 60, you can choose between the two. Screen tearing is awful. And generally its just disappointing after all the hype thats surrounded its launch.

So I gave it a go since yesterday and must say that I like it. Didn't expect much other than that it should be an improvement on the first one. I learned a long time ago, to never jump on the hype-train with everybody else.

It's an arcade-MMORPG-game (just as NFS or FH), going with an idiotic speed, taking shortcuts over sidewalks and through alleys, jumping off bridges. Far from realistic, but at times really fun. I like simulators, but for the (put-here-your-favorite-drinking-day-)night with a beer in my hand, I prefer something different. IMHO this does that job quite well, It has a high show factor.

But it isn't all good and well. I found it to have a horrible wheel support, with terrible FFB and keys you can map, but cannot use (nitro for example). Other then that, I think the cars feel a bit recycled from the first title. The planes and boats, on the other hand, are a nice addition.

I might not buy it now, as I have no intention to buy any game at its release, but maybe after I picked up FH4 I will give it try.

Last edited:
The Crew 2 Update.jpg

The Crew 2 has been updated on both Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Today marks a sizeable new update for popular arcade racing game The Crew 2, the new patch having been deployed across all platforms by the developers Ivory Tower, and looks to address many of the issues currently experienced by the sizable player base of the game.

PATCH 1.2.2 NOTES – JANUARY 30 [PC/PS4/XB1]

3C
  • [Fixed] Bugatti Chiron Carbon Edition missing the Differential Pro setting.
  • [Fixed] Incorrect Pro setting Differential setting on Chevrolet Camaro RS (RR) and Hot Rod A1 (MT).
  • [Fixed] Incorrect gear ratios value for BMW M6 GT3 (Touring).
  • [Fixed] Missing rear-wheel steering feature for Porsche 911 GT3 RS (ST).
  • [Improved] BMW M6 GT3 (Touring) improved high speed turning rate.
  • [Improved] Improved wheelies and stoppies on Harley Davidson Street Glide bikes.

PC TEXT CHAT
  • [Added] Enabled PC Text Chat in PVP Lobby, Events and Skills.
  • [Added] Enabled System clipboard.
  • [Added] Enabled background color selection for copy and paste.

AUTOMATIC REPLAY MODE
  • [Improved] Improved ARM Landscape camera angle for Demolition Derby arenas.

DAILY CONTRACTS
  • [Improved] Hard Events can now also be completed in Ace mode.
  • [Improved] Normal Events can now also be completed in Hard or Ace mode.
  • [Fixed] Unable to complete Skill - Daily Contracts after leaving the game before the end of the reward screen.
  • [Fixed] Unable to complete Jump distance - Daily Contracts.

PVE & LIVING CITY
  • [Improved] White flashes could appear when driving in puddles.
  • [Fixed] Traffic vehicles may disappear in front of the players.
  • [Fixed] 1-2 seconds freeze before entering the event SAS.

AUDIO
  • [Improved] Improved Bugatti Chiron engine sound design.
  • [Improved] Improved BMW M6 engine sound design.
  • [Improved] Improved Mercedes GLC 250 4Matic engine sound design.
  • [Fixed] Muted or filtered sounds after finishing demolition derby event in water.
  • [Fixed] Short freeze after entering event gates.

DRIVING WHEELS
  • [Fixed] Various issues with Thrustmaster T300 Force Feedback.
  • [Fixed] Reverse input in menus with Fanatec ClubSportv2.5.

PVP
  • [Added] Added Vehicle Category for PVP events: ALL, CAR ONLY, MOTO ONLY.
  • [Improved] Host migration improvements in PVP mode.
  • [Improved] Improved Alt-Tab behaviour on PC in PVP mode.
  • [Improved] Improved visibility during events with updated opponent names display behaviour.
  • [Fixed] Player cannot re-enter any lobby if they goes back to login or get disconnected during Matchmaking/PVP Event.
  • [Fixed] Players kicked-out from PVP after multiple host disconnections.
  • [Fixed] Player names will either not be visible or appear as WWWWW during PVP events.
  • [Fixed] Players unable to select an event during PVP vote menu.

FEATURES/UI
  • [Fixed] "White Glitch" when checking PVP playlist details at HQ.
  • [Fixed] Misaligned UI elements in playlist details interface.
  • [Fixed] Unable to un-equip performance parts even if stock has been emptied.
  • [Fixed] Broken selection UI for vehicle bundles in shop.
  • [Fixed] User is not redirected to the boot menu after changing language to Chinese or Korean.
  • [Fixed] Missing vehicle model in the first few frames after the finish line cinematics.

PROGRESSION
  • [Fixed] Follower bar remains visible after accepting a PVE invite during reward sequence.

The Crew 2 is available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

For more news and discussion regarding The Crew 2, head over to our The Crew 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and join in with your fellow community members discussing this exciting driving game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea