Did they drop the incredibly terrible story from the first game? And are the physics passable now? Haven't touched the first one since it launched, because the story was cringe-worthy and the physics were abysmal. Not expecting a sim, but something that was more consistent would have been nice. Found it nearly undriveable.

Did they drop the incredibly terrible story from the first game? And are the physics passable now? Haven't touched the first one since it launched, because the story was cringe-worthy and the physics were abysmal. Not expecting a sim, but something that was more consistent would have been nice. Found it nearly undriveable.
They did drop the story from the first game. You're no longer an undercover street racer infiltrating a national gang to take it down from the top and avenge your brother. Now you're a generic racer man and you want to be the best racer man in the national. I remember "king of motorsport" distinctively from E3 2017. This new story might be cringey still, but at least it doesn't read like my edgy middle school creative writing assignments.

I'm enjoying the Alpha at the moment. Looks great and feels pretty good. Ubisoft is doing okay at the moment and really backing their games. Unfortunately the game really isn't my thing but i hope it goes well and they don't **** up.

Not exactly a race sim.
Maybe some news about Elite Dangerous Horizons could appear here too?

We know TC2 is not a sim but it's a car racing game, nonetheless. You can visit spacesimcentral.com for space games. We have to let this "it's not a sim" meme die. The sooner we do that the sooner we can enjoy car racing games because they are fun.

Unless they've completely overhauled the controls I'm not interested. The last game felt like the forced driving sections in an open world game stretched out to fill an entire game.

The first game was a nice romp, driving about on the road to nowhere was it's greatest strength.
That said, variety was severely lacking in the car department, absolutely everything was a buy in. The most disappointing aspect was the complete stonewalling in the community forum by the developers. It was extremely clear from the guarded responses in the forum and the videos they put out, that they were on a tight leash from the publisher.

I liked the game but I wouldn't want to jump in on the sequel to experience the same over again, even if they were doing VR, which rules it out anyway as they aren't.

My point was, just don't say anything. What's the point in saying that you can't say anything.

Because they think it makes them look important. Alpha testers are used all over from food tasting to software it's a whole bunch of customers / consumers to get a general over view of what is good and bad.
With the sheer amount of bugged and broken and downright useless games it would appear they use pretty basic people...or only basic people tick yes in the box to do this sort of stuff...

With the sheer amount of bugged and broken and downright useless games it would appear they use pretty basic people...or only basic people tick yes in the box to do this sort of stuff...

Yep. Ubisoft typically advertises a beta period during their E3 reveal of their games. They direct viewers to a website where they can put their email in and register to be a beta tester. Some people are selected and some aren't, the beta period usually starts many months later.

Despite it's amount of issues, the first game was a surprisingly fun arcade game.

Now, I learnt from my mistakes from buying the first game and I will wait for a deep deep sale before buying this game. I hope they fix the following problems for it's sequel:
  • Game instability;
  • Awards glitched;
  • Losing your progress out of nowhere due to their shitty servers. I had all cars fully upgraded when they launched their final expansion and wanted to come back this year to unlock some cars for The Crew 2 but guess what? For the 4th time in a row, I lost 65% of my progress so ultimately I gave up on The Crew.
Or I might wait for Test Drive Unlimited 3, whenever that happens.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea