RDRC S9 Round 4 - Rally Poland (15th March - 21st March 2021)

My rally went not great.. Up until stage 4-5 i had good pace and kept away from mistakes, but then the shitshow started. Did a quick roll which busted my radiator, meaning i lost more and more power for each km driven. By stage 8 i lost 5 min on that stage alone, so when i came in for service and all parts where on critical, could not even quick repair a single thing without exceeding the time limit i called it the day and left the car there. No screenshots this time, i felt a beer was more prioritized :cry:

My rally went not great.. Up until stage 4-5 i had good pace and kept away from mistakes, but then the shitshow started. Did a quick roll which busted my radiator, meaning i lost more and more power for each km driven. By stage 8 i lost 5 min on that stage alone, so when i came in for service and all parts where on critical, could not even quick repair a single thing without exceeding the time limit i called it the day and left the car there. No screenshots this time, i felt a beer was more prioritized :cry:
I think a longer second service would've helped a lot of people.

It probably would, but then it wouldn't been as unique as it was now :) Especially in J-RDRC this rally caused some fun in regards to point scoring :)

Spain and NZ should be friendlier than Argentina and Poland though :)
Damn right it caused some fun, at least for some of the backmarkers that were finally able to score some points :D Power stage points even! Maybe I should pull a Rosberg now...

Damn right it caused some fun, at least for some of the backmarkers that were finally able to score some points :D Power stage points even! Maybe I should pull a Rosberg now...

I'm not playing favorites, but I must admit I was really happy to see you score points, especially as you were on the last scoring position in Monte Carlo before the amended results! And as a stat geek, you are the worst placed driver in a rally, who also have scored power stage points so far this season! :p

Ok this was awesome. Poland was a little bit scary, so my main goal was to bring my trusty little peugeot in one piece over the finish. Had a little barrel roll on the way but kept it otherwise clean. In the end it was my first ever podium. Cant get the smile ouut of my face :)

Nice to see the Fiesta-gang being broken up a bit :)

Short recap from Poland!
No screenshots, because I did this run in VR, and my PC is barely capable of running it!
To avoid input lag, all is set to low - :rolleyes:!

Anyway - start was promising... But that didn`t last long! Huge mistake in SS2 ended up with high speed collision with tree - radiator gone and puncture... Barely survived til first service, where I managed to quick fix most crucial parts!
On SS7 radiator got another hit - luckily service was just behind the corner... Rest of the stages went without any major mistake!

Happy to be among the finishers! :)

I'm a little slow with my report to match my rally but always love reading through them and enjoy adding my own. A very messy rally for me, great fun but brutal! Still not entirely sure how I made it to the finish to be honest. I don't normally bother with screenshots as I play on very low graphics settings and haven't got a skin yet (not found the time or talent to make one yet!) but I feel like this sums up my rally too perfectly (at least until I saw I finished last!) although I wouldn't look if you have any mechanical sympathy!
20210321180659_1.jpg

Is it me or have I made a knockoff flip car?

Yeah, not so great in the end. Stage 1 went decently, my pace wasn't great but seeing that Poland scares me more than any other rally I was happy to be around the middle but Stage 2 was a mess. First I managed to get a 30 second penalty after hearing a note wrong. Phil said left, I went right and found myself in a very large (and thankfully empty) field. Then a little later on I learned the hard way I had my notes set too late and had a massive crash to do the damage from the screenshot as well as give me another 30 second penalty for going too far off again. The rest of the first leg was decent by my low standards, much like Stage 1 with few mistakes and pace around P30.

Unfortunately the damage from the Stage 2 melee would hit me hard in the second leg. Managed to fix everything but the engine which didn't seem too badly damaged and tried to settle in for what was shaping up to be a great battle with Richard Kortland, spending a few stages within a few seconds of him overall with Aprates/André Prates a couple seconds up the road (apologies to both, not sure what your RD names are!). Unfortunately that engine damage caught up to me in the end with it starting to sound like a distressed duck after the finish of stage 6 and being very down on power early on in stage 7. I'm not sure how the game determines when an engine is too dead to keep going so I decided I'd rather be last and give up too much time making sure I got to service than DNF trying to minimise time loss and gave up over 5 minutes limping through the last couple of stages very slowly before making repairs. I have to say that I was gutted to see both the guys I was fighting before drop out in stage 8. Was looking forward to seeing who got the edge in the end.

Just about managed to get most of the mechanical damage fixed in the short service albeit with a hefty time penalty for taking too long luckily and ended up with a car that was mostly back to the way it started off before I ruined it! I always try to find a positive in my rallies which can sometimes be hard but for this one it has to be the last leg. I had some actually decent pace in those last stages finishing 14th in both stages 10 and 11, a new PB for me even with the high attrition in J-RDRC. In typical fashion though I got a bit too overconfident in the last stage after seeing I'd made up a minute on the guys around me and pushed too hard trying to get "best of the backmarkers" or P27 to everyone else and carried too much speed into one of the first corners and got myself a double puncture.

For some reason I couldn't fix either of them even though I definitely brought 2 spares with me (although I might have used one after hitting the finish boards on a previous stage) but the game wasn't having it. After all that had happened I wasn't willing to give up and limped home with a near undrivable car and stage time almost 4 minutes slower than anyone else in J-RDRC to claim a last place finish. At least it was a finish though, especially after exactly half of the field didn't quite make it (although I get the feeling I probably should have joined that half tbh). I honestly think that with some cleaner driving and better decisions in service I might have had the pace to pick up a point or two here with all the attrition but oh well, that's the way things go in racing.

Either way, looking forward to the next stop in Spain. Best of luck all as we see who can win on tarmac! And I couldn't join in without saying Happy Birthday @Ole Marius Myrvold! Sorry I'm a little late but I hope you had a good one!

Last edited:
And I couldn't join in without saying Happy Birthday @Ole Marius Myrvold! Sorry I'm a little late but I hope you had a good one!

Thanks! :) Was a nice one, basically lockdown here atm so not much celebration, but had two awesome races in the rF2 club with NASCARs on Martinsville, with a small but awesome group of simracers! :) Made my second lockdown birthday in a row a whole lot better :)

as I wrote earlier, this happened to me as well, though it was just one tire not getting repaired though i had a spare with me. hugely frustrating. never knew this bug existed.

Me neither! Anyone livestreamed the bug, so we can check it is an actual bug, and not just a misclick or something?
Not that I doubt you guys, I just know I have made errors in tyre choices before because I think I've clicked something, but no.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back