RDRC S9 Round 4 - Rally Poland (15th March - 21st March 2021)

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
6Pt3OEB.jpg

With RDRC's first visit to Poland, we also cross the halfway-point of the season. We will keep going from one extreme to another. After the shortest rally of the season, we will now have the longest rally of the season. Over 150km, exclusively on crazy fast roads, often with absolutely no room for error.

We got this seasons first repeat-winner in the fight for the overall title, while in RDRC-2 the standings are being topped by two winless drivers, showing that consistency is just as important as absolute top speed in the championship. We've now visited three very different rallies, tarmac&ice, snow and very slow, twisty gravel. Now we'll go to the other extreme again, extremely fast gravel roads. The need for absolute clinical precision is just as big in Poland as Argentina, but the consequences for making an error can be even bigger.
To read more about the upcoming rally, how Argentina unfolded, and much more, take a look at our Poland Rally Magazine.

View the Poland Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here.
Download
the Poland Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here (39.7mb)

RDRC Rally Magazine is designed and developed by: RACEM (Jack Hintz), Ole Marius Myrvold and Michael Nelson

FQuQXTM.png

Important Notes:
  • The Rally is from 15th March 00:00 UTC until 21st March 23:59 UTC. You must finish and have uploaded your times from the last stage before the end-time to register the stage result.​
  • Remember to join the correct league/club for the class you drive in. If not, you will not be able to participate.​
  • If your name on the results shown at dirtrally2.dirtgame.com doesn't match what you signed up with, or doesn't match what you have on the official entry list (see first post in the Sign-Up thread) and fail to inform us about your correct name within 48 hours of the provisional results being published. You will be removed from the results. There will be no exceptions to this. See Directors Note for rules-clarification on this.
  • If you haven't signed up, you can do that here. You must sign-up to be able to participate. The sign-up must be accepted and valid before the end of the rally to be accepted.​
  • Feel free to take screenshots and videos and share it in our Rally World Thread. Screenshots can be end up being included in the next magazine!​
  • Feel free to share your experience from the rally in this thread, share the perfect runs and the perfect failures! All in the name of fun!​
  • Driving in more than one class will lead to an instant DQ(removal) from the results.
  • Any rule changes will be posted in the Directors Note Thread. Please keep yourself updated on any changes.
  • Good luck and have fun!! :)

As usual, with all the necessary information done, the Rally Poland - thread is open.
The thread is opened earlier than normal, and the future rally-threads will not be opened this early.
The whole reason for this is that I have my first "holiday"-ish since January 2020, and that I will spend two days on a mountain, doing some alpine skiing.
The magazine will be added to the thread when it's all finished. We are currently in the process of proof-reading it.

On behalf of the whole RDRC-Crew, I wish everyone a great, speedy time in the Polish forests. Use these additional days of stage-knowledge wisely, and make it a very close-fought rally! As always, remember to have fun as well, that's the most important thing!

Glp... that's an err.. impressive stage list!:sick:

As the VROOAAAM Rally Team has never been to Poland before, we better get our cars in the trailer and head over there early this weekend for some unofficial recce..:cautious:

@Ole Marius Myrvold , enjoy your short break in the mountains this weekend!

No night racing in Poland, but a lot of mud! I hated it in Argentina and more mud in Poland!? I havent been able to finish a stage in mud yet in Poland...

Needs lots of practice and the proper setup. It'll be FUN!

Last edited:
Wow you aren't kidding! 20 stages (7 of them wet with 2 of those at night too!) with only 2 services in between. Looks like it was a brutal rally. Not feeling so hard done by looking at this weeks itinerary now :laugh:

Best of luck on this one all and @Ole Marius Myrvold I hope you enjoy your time on the mountain!

DR1 damage model was in some areas less forgiving as well, was more important to not overrev/maxing the revs all the time to preserve the engine. Same with suspension during jumps etc. Needed a tad more mechanical sympathy. So you could easily run out of time on service due to this, which then got worse on the next loop and so on.

Will do, was even a tad more snow than expected.
received_273450937487192_1.jpg

Not an R2 Fiesta though :p

After an (expected) dissappointing Rally Argentina we're back for Rally Poland. A rally that normally suits both me and the sierra more than Argentina does. Barely had and have any time to practice however so I will likely need to take it easy at the start to get in to rhythm.

Although my teammate Mitchi (@Michael Springer) seems to be struggling I think it is fair to say that both of us are a lot more confident as compared to when we've been training in Argentinia. Car and setup seem to be doing what they are supposed to do, but even then, the crew will have to do quite a repair job after todays practice to get the cars back into shape for tomorrow evening. :unsure:

One thing that seems to be getting worse with each rally are the sadistic traits of @Ole Marius Myrvold , at least if I look at the schedule and the amount of service time allocated. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back