RDRC S9 Round 1 - Rally Monte Carlo (1st February - 7th February 2021)

Not to go too far off topic here, but what is the go-to rally sim these days (and don't say RBR!)? I thought it was Dirt Rally 2.0, not the least because we are running RDRC in it.

I probably shouldn't say it either but if it wasn't for RDRC I'd definitely never touch DR2.0 again, it feels exactly like F1 would feel like if it were a rally game, simcade disguised as a sim.

Actually not sure I agree with that specifically. While DR2.0 has it flaws (just like RBR has), it's certainly more than possible to use loads of real life techniques and knowledge to be more effective in DR2.0, it's not perfect, but neither is any other game out there.
DiRT Rally 2.0 is actually a quite good sim.

Not to go too far off topic here, but what is the go-to rally sim these days (and don't say RBR!)? I thought it was Dirt Rally 2.0, not the least because we are running RDRC in it.

It is DR2.0. The WRC series is ok-fun, but has it's own issues, including wheels/pedals. There's loads of other small things with the WRC-series that turns me off that though.
RBR still works, and it's quite amazing what people are able to do with a game that old. But it is an old game, and that shows.

For me it's more than I just hasn't been hooked on any rally games the last few years. The last RDRC-season took so much out of me that I just never got into rallying again :) But it's the RDRC that made it motivating to go back to it, and I really enjoy it. I'm just not able to motivate myself to play rally-games without the RDRC :)

Last edited:
Just finished the first morning loop of four stages, decided to risk using the soft tyres as the time lost on the snow and ice should have easily been gained on the longer tarmac sections. The big test is in the next loop of course, the night run over Turini was my undoing last season!

Also, want to say a quick thank you to the organisers and all of the people who have signed up to run this season - I've been a bit burned out with sim racing over the past few years but seeing the passion and camaraderie in this forum over the past few weeks has been great. :)

First corner of the second last stage and I find this. Puncture and no spare so went for retirement rather than struggling up the stage on 3 tyres.

Almost 200 hours in the game and that's my goofiest crash. I had a few spins on the stage before so I think I was just getting tired. I think I'll split the next rally up over the week.

See you in Sweden!

also just finished the first four, one yesterday, three tonight. After a careful start i decided to push just a little and was really well on my way when a minor mistake like the one in the vid above killed my front left. this was halfway through the stage, went on and it was all good until 500m from finish the tire finally slipped off the rim (or so it felt) and this sent me into wall big time. ouch. that sort of killed my radiator, which in turn meant i had to soft foot it through stage4 a little later as my co-driver politely asked about "failing power" pretty much at the start of the stage. Have already lost 2:30 to leader Lutz but enjoying every second. looking forward to next loop with two night stages, repairing my completely broken lights pushed me over the time limit, but better to pick up 5 sec penalty than having no lights, i guess

First corner of the second last stage and I find this. Puncture and no spare so went for retirement rather than struggling up the stage on 3 tyres.

Almost 200 hours in the game and that's my goofiest crash. I had a few spins on the stage before so I think I was just getting tired. I think I'll split the next rally up over the week.

See you in Sweden!

Obviously didn't fork out the extra few bob for the Mad Max DLC... Then this wouldn't have happened!

2187.jpg

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 12 57.1%