RDRC S9 Round 1 - Rally Monte Carlo (1st February - 7th February 2021)

Stage 9. Solid driving all way long without any mechanical issues. One small mistake and that was it.
Yikes! :confused: Bad luck there...

And now a question:
I have *very* limited testing on this rally and in DR2 in general.
Is it the case that soft tyres will be great on the snow/ice-free stages, but disastrous on the snowy/icy ones? (And could it be the case that the stages between services have been combined in such a way as to make this decision tricky? :D)

20210201212616_1.jpg

Finished! :D

And now a question:
Is it the case that soft tyres will be great on the snow/ice-free stages, but disastrous on the snowy/icy ones? (And could it be the case that the stages between services have been combined in such a way as to make this decision tricky? :D)
soft are the best on stages with mainly tarmac, but on the stages with more snow/ice i recommend using snow tires, and if you lack experience it is smarter to use snow on those stages! :)

Last edited:

And now a question:

Could it be... ;)

So, finished with my rally as well!

Some early stage (SS2) looking good out of one of the many hairpins!
XOwdTcL.png

Looking good indeed!
Iu1ZEr5.png

Sideways up the mountain the first time! (SS4)
dQf9A40.png

And on the top of the mountain, without a single scratch on the car! 0 sec of repairs!
ie59ZNh.png

I really, really, really hate driving in the dark, but here I am, at the top of the mountain in the night (SS7)
Gcm60NM.png

And down again, a some scratches on the car now, and a funny noise (I don't think I am careful enough when shifting)
cl8jC2d.png

Indeed that's the case, I need to be more careful in the future, I cannot destroy my gearbox in rallies with longer time between services (oups. Spoiler alert)
gDFr7Wy.png

With a fixed car, I took it easy and chill the rest of the stages, here in the very last hairpin of the rally on SS12
nRZuQ4f.png

And then on the top of the mountain for the very last time. The car hasn't been used to hard, and it's been a calm and collected rally. Maybe this will attract a sponsor for Sweden!
HVAf0mF.png

RDRC-Boss Out! :)

Last edited:
Finished my second attempt at Monte :D Bit of disaster leading up to it as i was practicing in the wrong car :roflmao:

But rally went really well! I know I ain't going to get a top 10 but didn't expect to be 3 mins 30 secs off :redface: but had a fantastic battle with Mevilkusi as I only finished 0.4 ahead of him :rolleyes:

Anyone who does decent paints get in touch with me please, my Peugeot is a bit bland :thumbsdown:

Also thanks to RDRC admins for setting this up, we ( SimTech ) really enjoyed Monte :)

144974303_1551721651684635_4299617488742742404_n.jpg

yes!!! fastest delivery ever, did stage01 within minutes of being accepted, thx for putting two warmup stages at the beginning, managed a time just under 3.00 even though i had to pause for some minutes due to a call, slowest of the chaps who got through in one piece atm, good start, thx ole for setting this up. bit of a norway vs. germany battle in rdrc2 atm, first six positions taken by either country!

@Ole Marius Myrvold loving the sponsorless livery :giggle:

absolutely flawless debut for me in J-RDRC ! currently leading the rally with a finishing time of 1:10:10.742 and some stage wins at the moment. The rally was so good that i didn't even have to spend more than 5 minutes at each service area :thumbsup: now i'll be waiting for the fastest drivers in the class to finish to see how i stack up against them

rdrc1.jpg

a wild All In Motorsport fan took this photo at the start of SS9, when the car was still clean after service, ha

And now a question:

From my previous experience two weeks ago in similar conditions (Fiesta R2), going with soft tyres in the snowy/icy stages is a bad idea. I did it for the Power Stage, which was pretty much all tarmac and the last one of the rally, but I had to endure first a previous stage that was mostly ice and snow. The car snapped massively under braking and I couldn't steer as well. I managed a good time in the power stage, but lost more in the previous stage. Not worth it. :rolleyes:

From my previous experience two weeks ago in similar conditions (Fiesta R2), going with soft tyres in the snowy/icy stages is a bad idea. I did it for the Power Stage, which was pretty much all tarmac and the last one of the rally, but I had to endure first a previous stage that was mostly ice and snow. The car snapped massively under braking and I couldn't steer as well. I managed a good time in the power stage, but lost more in the previous stage. Not worth it. :rolleyes:
Well, I've just been doing some testing in my Fiesta R5 for the first 4 stages. Soft tyres are a big win for me on the first 3 of them, and a definite problem in SS4. The time loss on SS4 is mixed - some sections are quick and some are just horrendous, but my overall time on softs is a handful of seconds worse than on snow tyres.
So... if I'm feeling brave/foolish enough, I think my quickest option is clearly to take the softs for the first 4 stages :unsure: Pretty high risk of something very bad happening though! :roflmao:

Well, I've just been doing some testing in my Fiesta R5 for the first 4 stages. Soft tyres are a big win for me on the first 3 of them, and a definite problem in SS4. The time loss on SS4 is mixed - some sections are quick and some are just horrendous, but my overall time on softs is a handful of seconds worse than on snow tyres.
So... if I'm feeling brave/foolish enough, I think my quickest option is clearly to take the softs for the first 4 stages :unsure: Pretty high risk of something very bad happening though! :roflmao:

1612223487793.png

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 49 26.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 35 19.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 19 10.4%
  • Forum trophies