RDRC S9 Round 1 - Rally Monte Carlo (1st February - 7th February 2021)

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
tFmKecS.png

The wait is over. It's time to start driving for points, glory, fame and shame! For the second season in a row Monte Carlo will host the first round of the championship. This time the rally will cover 94.03km spread over 12 stages in varying weather conditions, and of course the classic Turini-pass at night-time. It's a classic start to any rally-season.

The pre-season testing have shown us some great liveries, a dominant class-winner in the pre-season rally, and a surprising overall winner. However that was on gravel, on roads with fairly similar grip-level all around. That won't be the case in this rally. It's a completely different style.
With over 250 entries, it looks set to be an amazing start to the season, but with this amount of drivers, there's bound to be someone that have forgotten something, so here is a little pre-rally checklist for all competitors:
  • Check that your name in the results on dirtrally2.dirtgame.com is the same that you have signed up with - if not you can notify us here. Note that all participants in the test-rally have been fixed.
  • Check that you are registered to the correct league(club) for your class, RDRC, RDRC-2, RDRC-3 or J-RDRC. You can find the leagues here.
  • Remember to check the Directors Note Thread in case of rule-changes or other important notices. That thread is here
  • If you are not signed up to the championship, but wish to participate, you can do so by signing up here.

For a full overview of the stages of Rally Monte Carlo, including descriptions and length. Tips on how to tackle the varying conditions of the mountain, driving-style tricks, the evolution of RDRC or our features on IndyCar, IMSA & Road to Indy team Juncos, the World Fastest Gamer or how a WEC-Mechanic ended up in RDRC and more. Just dive in to our Monte Edition of the rally-magazine!

View the Monte Carlo Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here.
Download
the Monte Carlo Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here (37.7mb)

RDRC Rally Magazine is designed and developed by: RACEmotion (Jack Hintz), Ole Marius Myrvold and Michael Nelson

vE8RxVH.png

Important Notes:
  • The Rally is from 1st February 00:00 UTC until 7th February 23:59 UTC. You must finish and have uploaded your times from the last stage before the end-time to register the stage result.​
  • Remember to join the correct league/club for the class you drive in. If not, you will not be able to participate.​
  • If you drive with a different name than seen at dirtrally2.dirtgame.com, and fail to inform us about your correct name within 48 hours of the results being published. You will be removed from the results. There will be no exceptions to this.​
  • If you haven't signed up, you can do that here. You must sign-up to be able to participate.​
  • Feel free to take screenshots and videos and share it in our Rally World Thread. Screenshots can be end up being included in the next magazine!​
  • Feel free to share your experience from the rally in this thread, share the perfect runs and the perfect failures! All in the name of fun!​
  • Driving in more than one class will lead to an instant DQ(removal) from the results.
  • Any rule changes will be posted in the Directors Note Thread. Please keep yourself updated on any changes.
  • Good luck and have fun!! :)

And with all this information, the thread for the season opener is... open. A bit over a day until the rally starts, and it's time for the drivers and crews to start preparing for the full-on Monte experience!
The magazine is filled up with more articles than usual, we all hope that this will be something that everyone will enjoy!

On behalf of the whole RDRC-Crew, I wish everyone a great first event to the season, and may you all have lots of fun!

This looks very challenging! Not a lot of time in each service area, given how treacherous Monte-Carlo is, I guess I will have to be careful. :D

I still remember my first-ever Monte-Carlo rally back in DiRT Rally: terminal damage on the third corner after braking late and falling down the mountain. :confused:

Good luck everyone!

Weird things happening, my first few stages were rough and full of (small) mistakes. Yet my times are "competitive". the second loop felt way faster and cleaner, except ss7, had a spin and damaged the rightside headlights with it, however times suggest otherwise.... maybe took it a little too easy on ss8 in order not to damage the left ones aswell.

Done! First stint was aweeeeeeeesome, it went really really good. On the second leg however my pace seemed a bit lacking compared to the competition, of course just measured against the few drivers who already did all the stages. However the car was still relatively intact after all the stages. Maybe my Mitsubishi / Ralliart shirt helped with that, will wear it again next rally :D Good luck to the competition!

Car arriving after 12 stages of snow, ice and a lack of grip:
20210201210149_1.jpg

Thanks to quite a few guys who popped up in the stream chat.
Stream recording should be available here:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back