RD Formula Manager - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Omer Said, we need to sort this out quite seriously I think.

Most people seem to be just Giving All, pitting once and getting to the line. This reduces the tactics and just rewards the most upgraded cars, hence why Sasha is doing so well (he did deserve those upgrades though, not saying anything against that!). Even Aggressive is hardly used, and drivers that do so end up last almost instantly.

I propose that the diffuser upgrade is scrapped and everyone gets a refund. Give All gives 2 damage and Push gives 1 damage, no matter what upgrades you have. Races could be decreased in distance (8 laps?) to accommodate the extra time it would take to finish the race.

It just concerns me that we're all just Giving all to the line.

Other things you could add. Collisions are pretty rare, I'd just make the probability of a collision happening between passing cars a bit more often.
Pit crews should make mistakes. Maybe each pitstop has a 1-in-50 chance of releasing a car with a loose wheel, meaning 2 or 3 more updates for the car to be wheeled back and redone? Double stacking would also mean waiting.
Same thing for just crashing. Each turn, each driver has a 1-in-(between 50 and 100) chance of just crashing out of the race, no matter what pace and upgrades being used.

All: Give all and use KERS.h
Senna: No fight with Hulkenberg if he tries to pass.

I agree with Jim. Last 2 races, had very short lap and they gave all a chance to finish with Give all and 1 stop. Removing diffuser upgrade would improve reliability upgrade.:thumbsup:
As for all that random fails, not sure...:unsure: For pit-crew it looks good now, you have long stops with no upgrades, and then you improve your team with upgrades.:thumbsup:

As for crashing all by themselves, it should have different values for different drivers, maybe to add training for drivers to improve that stats. But I also think that it is to much to do for Omer.;)

@Jimlaad43 - Yes, you are right about people all going give all makes it a bit pointless. But i don't want to make big changes mid-season. On the other hand, we can vote for it:

AGREE - If you say "scrap diffuser upg, give 2 dmg with give all, 1 dmg with push (diffuser upgraded teams get refund)

DISAGREE - Don't change anything.

I continue my reply with a double post below to keep this reply only for voting...

@Jimlaad43

About the retirement, crashes and pit mistakes: I don't want to make it too much random. Maybe i could increase the rate of collisions, but then it would make the mid-field extremely chaotic in especially first few laps. Leaders would go away unscatched.
As for the pitstops, i don't want add random failures in pits. There is enough variation with pitstops i believe. But the game lacks a random retirement system and mechanical failures. I wanted to keep randomness to a minimum, but it seems it killed any kind of surprise factor. It will be adjusted in the 3rd season hopefully.

@Sasha Jednak

I plan to make most of the drivers unique in the 3rd season with different stats. Of course it will make the game harder to manage, but i might handle it with some upgrades on the excel formula :)

I still think there needs to be something that could just take a driver out of the race unexpectedly. At the moment, people can get damaged and just pit and fix it, meaning no one retires. Remember that even the best just crash for no apparent reason when in a good position.

As i said, there will be such implements in the 3rd season hopefully. But i can't add them now because it would be unfair for the outcome of the championship (having first 5 races without sudden DNFs and having the latter half with it)

Important Notice:
There won't be any updates tonight as i have to complete an essay for tomorrow (Also have an exam! :cry:)

Also, PLEASE vote on the AGREE/DISAGREE reply a few posts above here:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 58.8%