Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Here is the shift 2 section
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/need-for-speed-shift-shift-2-unleashed.3977/
simple answer... its has better graphics it looks amazing, but really does lack in online and handling in comparison to the race07 series . There is are a couple of mods that really do make your driving experiences better, but it still lacks in the race07 feel...
so in short No...
If you want something new GSC is about the best there is to offer (but i only like the muscle car and mini) and still keep that race07 feel (if not a tadge better).. All other new sims are still WIP or not released yet... AC, Pcars, rFactor2,
id say keep your money in your pocket maybe buy a cheap older sim if you want a change
GTL, GTR2, rfacor, NetKarPro, RBR. I know the graphics are looking dated but most of the new releases Dirt series, Codies F1, for example
might have shiny new cars but all seem to lack in the handling and FFB they are still great games to race, but i always find myself returning to the sims that have the better feel..

Gate shifting with CSR-Elite not working, first gear is 5th, 2nd is 6th, 3rd is reverse, nothing on 4, 5 and 6.
this is what the config files looks like:
<_cControl Name="First Gear">
<BInputId DeviceType="eDEVICE_GAMEPAD" DeviceIndex="4" InputType="eINPUTTYPE_STATE" InputIndex="8" InputPhase="eINPUTPHASE_ANY" />
</_cControl>
<_cControl Name="Second Gear">
<BInputId DeviceType="eDEVICE_GAMEPAD" DeviceIndex="4" InputType="eINPUTTYPE_STATE" InputIndex="9" InputPhase="eINPUTPHASE_ANY" />
</_cControl>
<_cControl Name="Third Gear">
<BInputId DeviceType="eDEVICE_GAMEPAD" DeviceIndex="4" InputType="eINPUTTYPE_STATE" InputIndex="10" InputPhase="eINPUTPHASE_ANY" />
</_cControl>
<_cControl Name="Fourth Gear">
<BInputId DeviceType="eDEVICE_GAMEPAD" DeviceIndex="4" InputType="eINPUTTYPE_STATE" InputIndex="11" InputPhase="eINPUTPHASE_ANY" />
</_cControl>
<_cControl Name="Fifth Gear">
<BInputId DeviceType="eDEVICE_GAMEPAD" DeviceIndex="4" InputType="eINPUTTYPE_STATE" InputIndex="12" InputPhase="eINPUTPHASE_ANY" />
</_cControl>
<_cControl Name="Sixth Gear">
<BInputId DeviceType="eDEVICE_GAMEPAD" DeviceIndex="4" InputType="eINPUTTYPE_STATE" InputIndex="13" InputPhase="eINPUTPHASE_ANY" />
</_cControl>
<_cControl Name="Reverse Gear">
<BInputId DeviceType="eDEVICE_GAMEPAD" DeviceIndex="4" InputType="eINPUTTYPE_STATE" InputIndex="14" InputPhase="eINPUTPHASE_ANY" />
</_cControl>

I must be the odd duck but... I am surprised that Shift2 Unleashed never gets mentioned. With the correct mods, I think its one of the most entertaining games around. The BMW E30 in Shift2 handles much closer to my car. The snap oversteer in the E30 in both AC, and Simraceway, is so not a BMW trait. A Lotus Elise 111R romp is what I usually use as a warmup on a race day morning.

I need someone who could upload for me folder gamedir/effects and gamedir/pakfiles/tracks/_data and a BOOTPERSISTENT.bff file from pakfiles folder. Thanks in advance !
smile.gif

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has managed to get Shift 2 to run on Windows 8. I can get it run, but then it crashes to desktop in single race or career. I have googled this but the result vary and some look rather sketchy....

I know this game sorta died on the vine, but at least a few of us on the console think it has enough flashes of brilliance in it (sort of like a pCARS trailer w/o the power) even though is reportedly got ruined by EA. May of us find that we can adjust wheel settings and tuning to get a decent feel. From there, the driving perspective and track/car selection is fabulous for us console guys. To clarify, we are on the xbox 360.

Apologies this is not its own Forum and the thread is so long, but I don't think we can really gauge the interest until people sign up saying they are interested.

Time: Saturday around 9-10 pm UK.
Style: Hardcore. No assists. Racing line and HUD are OK.
Type: Mostly tin tips on a variety of circuits. Including ovals.

The game is super cheap. You can ask @Peter Hoooper where to get it in the U.K. Or you could download it for $20.

Notice to: Notice To: @Peter Hooper, @Railer Cantrell, @Matthew Booth, @Karl Fuss, @Wessel Slagter, @Chris Hempsall, @Balazs Floszmann @Michael Watts, @Dmitriy Ivanov

Please indicate below if you are interested. Thanks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.