Modding Questions Thread

Hi guys, i was just wondering if there is a program that has the same colour values as the render_materials.xml file. Because I would like to change the colour of the Hard tyre marking from dark grey to Orange (2013 spec).

I tried with paint, entering the red, green and blue values for orange, but in game the hard tire came out as bright purple. lol.

Try something like.

red= 0.925 green=0.675 blue=0.005

Not actually tried it myself, but just working on percentages.

Try something like.

Thanks for the starter values ML!
I've just been fiddling around with it and it looks like these values do the trick. Looks almost perfect. However, ill wait until we actually see what the look like on the cars in real life before i try and get it absolutely right.
red="0.925" green="0.100" blue="0.007

Cheers!

Speedanimal

It often happens when you saved as the wrong file (i mean, for example instead of dds as a jpg)
If often happens, when the pic hasnt got the wrong size (sometimes it happens to me, my program GIMP sometimes saves one row pixel too less, check the size again!
And it happens, when the program cant save it right, GIMP saves wrong!!! You have to save your file, then open the file with paint.net (another free program) and save it again. By me it works fine then. Also bopth programs have some good functions, so i combine works with both programs, anyway, i am not sure in which format you have to save, depends on the thing you want to replace. Often it is DXT5 i think... Tra to save it in DXT5 again and in DXT3 again + try my other tips.

One of these or some of them are the problems, for sure ;)

Finally had time to fix this issue today.

Turns out one of my layers was oversized. So even though Gimp fixes that when you say export to a jpg or png...it didn't here. So the dds actually used its edge for the edge of the file, thus it gave me the weird angle. The original issue was probably Gimp's fail at saving, as after using paint.net it no longer does that.

Now to go back to the drawing board and actually spend some time on a helmet, now that I know I can do it!

Try something like.

Hello .. ML, I managed to change the color of the tires hards from dark gray to orange with your color values ​​you posted, but I want to change the color in the selection of the tire, you can do something?? thanks

• Deleted member 137812

Guys i've got my main car skin done, but how do I cover it with the purple layer?

Hello .. ML, I managed to change the color of the tires hards from dark gray to orange with your color values ​​you posted, but I want to change the color in the selection of the tire, you can do something?? thanks

Sorry I don't fully understand.

You want to change the type of tyre, or you want to change the colour of tyre in menus?

Either way I wouldn't have an answer for you, sorry.

Thanks for the starter values ML!
I've just been fiddling around with it and it looks like these values do the trick. Looks almost perfect. However, ill wait until we actually see what the look like on the cars in real life before i try and get it absolutely right.
red="0.925" green="0.100" blue="0.007

Cheers!

Glad it helped a little bit at least.

Like I said, it was pure guesswork.

• Deleted member 137812

Hey guys, where can i find the race drivers suit to edit, when he is in the car? And his gloves?

Someone know something about nurburgring and istanbul circuit in the game? Both are listet in the database. You can activate them for the game, but when you will race, computer is aboning the game!

Someone know something about nurburgring and istanbul circuit in the game? Both are listet in the database. You can activate them for the game, but when you will race, computer is aboning the game!

A lot of helmets say they work "both with and without fin". I was just wondering how you toggle the fin in F1 2012. I remember in 2010 and 2011 it was dependent on the team you where driving for, but this dosen't seem to make ad difference now.

• Deleted member 137812

I forgot how to change the ingame player short name like DLR for the de la Rosa to something else. When I do this in the database the menu doesnt show the right pictures of the driver anymore. And when i do this in the language file it doesnt show it in the race screen.

Can anyone help me out?

I forgot how to change the ingame player short name like DLR for the de la Rosa to something else. When I do this in the database the menu doesnt show the right pictures of the driver anymore. And when i do this in the language file it doesnt show it in the race screen.

Can anyone help me out?

Bro, you must include (add) a image in the "frontend / b_nonpersistent" with the name "card_image_XXX" (with the short name of your new drivers name). (For me was ALE, so include card_image_ale file)

• Deleted member 137812

Bro, you must include (add) a image in the "frontend / b_nonpersistent" with the name "card_image_XXX" (with the short name of your new drivers name). (For me was ALE, so include card_image_ale file)
Thanks mate that helped!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea