Modding Questions Thread

I have a question I had to re-install f1 2012 and do not remember all the mods, honor, and one I have uploaded the modem I have a problem. Does anybody know what to do after the incident, two cars they were teeth on the track and did not disappear?
Formerly stood on the track and the red flag was either poorly sc

Does anyone know where to find all the pictures (of the cars/drivers etc) that show up in the news/end of race news etc? I've tried looking though all the frontend files, nonpersistent etc but can't find them??

• Deleted member 137812

Figured it out myself.

f120122013011900233507.jpg

Download link

Does anyone have a car modding template (ex mclaren or any other) where its visible where each part is placed on a car when its put together so to speak ? :)
It will make the modding process way faster I guess. The larger parts are logical but some smaller ones are not that clear where they belong as to which extend.
The wireframe files from ML2166 is part of the way, but still the smaller parts are a puzzle.... it takes quite some to paint them, start the game and see where they are, back editing. So if anyone knows, greatly appreciated.
I know Photoshop has 3d options, but I am not a Photoshop expert.
cheers peter

As Iam new to manual gears I find myself Pro is difficult but I used Semi Pro Mod datebase even its easy as well for me .

I hugury AI is 1:26 in Q1 .1:25:xxx in Q3.

I beat that is Sauber and won the race so I want to level up AI diffucly What feild should I change and by how much?????

THX in Advance

First find track number in track tab(Spa is 82), then in track_difficulties tab find that number and change value in column you are playing on(Hard if on pro or medium if on intermediate). Those are percents, so try to play with it. I don't know exact values.;)

Does anyone have a car modding template (ex mclaren or any other) where its visible where each part is placed on a car when its put together so to speak ? :)
It will make the modding process way faster I guess. The larger parts are logical but some smaller ones are not that clear where they belong as to which extend.
The wireframe files from ML2166 is part of the way, but still the smaller parts are a puzzle.... it takes quite some to paint them, start the game and see where they are, back editing. So if anyone knows, greatly appreciated.
I know Photoshop has 3d options, but I am not a Photoshop expert.
cheers peter
Yeah, that would be helpful, cause i just have GIMP and just with Gimp, it is really hard to see those things.

Question regarding custom helmet creation.

Found a way around it thanks to Ryder's Pssg Editor (helping me see where things should end up).

EDIT:
So I've made a helmet design (we will see if it fits :roflmao:) , and found the dds plugin for Gimp. I exported it to a dds file (picked the DXT1 compression option?), but Ryder's Pssg Editor won't open it. Gives me a "this is not a pssg file"...which is obvious. :O_o:

So Instead I tried opening another helmet file from a mod I have, then clicking the "import" button and selecting what I made. It opened something...not sure what it is though.

Is there another step in between saving it as a dds and making it a pssg? Did I save it wrong?

I added a picture of what it did, this was after loading another helmet's pssg from in-game. Then selecting "import", then selecting the dds file of the helmet I made. :unsure:

~Speed

Attachments

• Not sure what happened.jpg
    Not sure what happened.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 221
Question regarding custom helmet creation.

Found a way around it thanks to Ryder's Pssg Editor (helping me see where things should end up).

EDIT:
So I've made a helmet design (we will see if it fits :roflmao:) , and found the dds plugin for Gimp. I exported it to a dds file (picked the DXT1 compression option?), but Ryder's Pssg Editor won't open it. Gives me a "this is not a pssg file"...which is obvious. :O_o:

So Instead I tried opening another helmet file from a mod I have, then clicking the "import" button and selecting what I made. It opened something...not sure what it is though.

Is there another step in between saving it as a dds and making it a pssg? Did I save it wrong?

I added a picture of what it did, this was after loading another helmet's pssg from in-game. Then selecting "import", then selecting the dds file of the helmet I made. :unsure:

~Speed
I'm not entirely sure what you've done, but what you need to do is this:

- save your helmet (the 2d layer, not the 3d preview) as a .dds (I pick the dxt 3 compression but I honestly have no idea what the difference is)
- open Ryder's Pssg Editor
- go to your f1 2012 install directory/characters/bespokehelmets
- open one of the gen_xx_tex_high.pssg files with Ryder's Pssg Editor (make a backup of it first)
- click import and select your .dds, the preview should change to the helmet you made
- click save and overwrite the old file
- open the corresponding gen_xx_tex_low.pssg
- make a backup, import your .dds, and save and overwrite that one as well
- put both of those newly modified .pssg files in your f1 2012 install directory/characters/bespokehelmets (or make sure they're still there)

Now start the game. In the helmet selection menu select the helmet with the same number as the .pssg files you just modified and it should have changed ingame when racing (it won't change in the selection menu though).

Speedanimal

It often happens when you saved as the wrong file (i mean, for example instead of dds as a jpg)
If often happens, when the pic hasnt got the wrong size (sometimes it happens to me, my program GIMP sometimes saves one row pixel too less, check the size again!
And it happens, when the program cant save it right, GIMP saves wrong!!! You have to save your file, then open the file with paint.net (another free program) and save it again. By me it works fine then. Also bopth programs have some good functions, so i combine works with both programs, anyway, i am not sure in which format you have to save, depends on the thing you want to replace. Often it is DXT5 i think... Tra to save it in DXT5 again and in DXT3 again + try my other tips.

One of these or some of them are the problems, for sure ;)

magicaltrevor

I tried saving it with dx3 compression, but after selecting import I get the same result. Random stuff is generated with the pssg editor.

Benutzername

I installed paint.net, and resaved my dds in both dxt3 and dxt5. Ryder's pssg actually opened my file after selecting import this time, but it is at an odd angle, and mirrored for some reason.

I think that has to do with how I didn't crop one of my layers to the normal file size, so it took it's edge as the actual edge. Hopefully after fixing those few things it will open as it is supposed to.

Hi guys, i was just wondering if there is a program that has the same colour values as the render_materials.xml file. Because I would like to change the colour of the Hard tyre marking from dark grey to Orange (2013 spec).

I tried with paint, entering the red, green and blue values for orange, but in game the hard tire came out as bright purple. lol.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.