AMS2 LMDh @ Le Mans 24h, Thursday 11th January

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
They are aliens indeed ;). I raced them the other day on some public server in a 15 min race. They did a 3:24 so not quite as fast in average conditions. It highly depends on the ERS setting, with balanced I got into the 3:26, maybe 25. That was the Caddi with pretty much default setup, one klick less rear wing. Quali mode should get you about 2-3 secs faster. Make sure you have a ERS button mapped.
Ok good to know! I'm new to this setting, although I did notice some kind of battery in the hud I wasn't sure how to use it ;) So there is an ERS increase and decrease button, how should this be used properly during a lap?

Ok good to know! I'm new to this setting, although I did notice some kind of battery in the hud I wasn't sure how to use it ;) So there is an ERS increase and decrease button, how should this be used properly during a lap?
There are 5 modes:
  • "Quali" gives max boost, lasts for about a single lap when 100% charged, runs out around Porsche curves, as the name says mainly for quali or to get a extra boost passing people
  • "Attack" is a bit less performance than quali and last more than a lap but not much, I think this mainly for passing or closing / opening a gap if needed
  • "Balanced" is sorta neutral, should basically last infinately more or less, the setting for most of the race, at least longer races like this one
  • "Build" is a bit less than Balanced and allows recharging if you drained the battery a bit using the higher modes
  • "Off" will have no boost and only charge, only needed if you need a quick charge or on an formation lap or to get it full before quali lap
Not a pro with this though, just what I make of it :)

I'll probably be on the server around 20:00 CET testing a bit if anyone wants to join

Do you activate the the ers by some means!
Cannot find anything relating to it.
I am in the Cadillac ?
I was just as confused with my last visit to AMS2 last year, seems like I am continuing the good work.:(

I am in the Cadillac ?
I was just as confused with my last visit to AMS2 last year, seems like I am continuing the good work.:(
It's active by default in balanced mode, under Options -> Controls -> Edit Assignment -> Vehicle you can map a button to increase or decrease the mode

I am in the Cadillac ?
I feel you chap. Whenever I go and play in another sim I feel like the grandad I am :)

Full grid guys, I think we need to celebrate this. Hopefully this boosts the number for future races as well. Looking forward to this evening. Will it have a day and night cycle?

Have we tested the server with this many drivers on it since the updates? I know on older versions AMS2 would have problems with larger grids. Anything above about 16-18 drivers and you’d start having random problems.

What is the start procedure for this one? Is it full formation lap or short version?

I'm guessing if short the tyres are cold? The first chicane is going to be interesting lap 1 :D

I have been racing every week (except Holidays) on the AMS2 servers last 2 years, but never ever have seen a full Grid :). If this is the trend for 2024 we're in for alot of great racing evenings. Let's Go

Have we tested the server with this many drivers on it since the updates? I know on older versions AMS2 would have problems with larger grids. Anything above about 16-18 drivers and you’d start having random problems.
It's probably my biggest concern right now. We have had a fairly trouble free year of racing at RD, but I always had it in the back of my mind it was because we only got close to about 18 drivers rather than the 32 maximum supported. It's also the first test we are doing since the last lot of updates as well as completely new cars on a completely new track :)

I have a contingency plan in place. I'm going to have the #3 server on standby with the same setup so we can split the group. It's far from ideal, but it would at least allow us all to race the new stuff if things going badly awry.

What is the start procedure for this one? Is it full formation lap or short version?

I'm guessing if short the tyres are cold? The first chicane is going to be interesting lap 1 :D
The server is setup for a short rolling start. It'll probably put us smack in or just before the final two chicanes, but the tyres should be up to temp.

If you are pole you need to be mindful of the speed as it will penalise you for going too slow or too fast. Anyone behind just needs to maintain position, but overtaking after the lights go green but before the leader has passed the start line seems to result in a penalty so be mindful of that.

I'm planning on allowing for a couple of 'test' starts for everyone to get comfortable with the process as the switch to 'manual' can be a bit jarring, but if by chance everything goes smoothly on the first go, we can just let the race continue.

Last edited:
The server is setup for a short rolling start. It'll probably put us smack in or just before the final two chicanes, but the tyres should be up to temp.

If you are pole you need to be mindful of the speed as it will penalise you for going too slow or too fast. Anyone behind just needs to maintain position, but overtaking after the lights go green but before the leader has passed the start line seems to result in a penalty so be mindful of that.
Ideal, any idea what sort of speed it wants you to be at?

Ideal, any idea what sort of speed it wants you to be at?
The limit displayed on the screen is 120 kph. I recently ran a Group C race at Kyalami where we tested the rolling start procedure to make sure there weren't any issues (though with a full formation lap), and when the leader tried to go as close to 120 as possible, they somehow picked up a penalty. Second try, they played it safe at 115 or so, and nothing happened :)

The rest of the field just needs to make sure that they follow the car they are supposed to be following, no problems if everyone acted careful.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 10 62.5%