Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

a point which i think has been reinforced since now im pretty sure theres no cheating is weather ferrari published an acurate sim or another driving pacman

well if it was an accurate sim the ferrari pilots would have been at least 2 tenths ahead from all the rest, anyone who knows a litle about f1 knows this is true

in fact this will be my reference on weather i buy fva2011 or not

I guess real F1 drivers didn't pass thousand of hours on FVA to set a decent lap record! If they did of course since it's only based on pure marketing purpose!:wink:

FVA 2011??? How do you know they will release it?:pray:

oh i just had a crazy thought when i bought the game:

i thought the average joe could drive a simplified version of the million dollar ferrari simulator

of course now im back to reality

Err... it's based on nKPro, which's used by GP2, F1 even Nascar teams (albeit a fork of v1.03). It's up to Ferrari on the future of FVA. I don't think the sales figures were that great, but we don't know what they expected, for a PC simulator with a limited target market.

I'm glad you're finding it easier to drive now.

Comparing my best times for the three tracks to the overall top times, I actually lose the most at Fiorano compared to how long the lap is, so I guess I should call this track the most technical - at least for me, heh. At Mugello the gap between my time and top time is the smallest, and Nurburgring would be in the middle.

Please keep digging.

Reasons why is FVA is bad:

1- Fast people cheat

2- I'm fast in whatever canned physics simbin crap but slow in FVA

3- People that drove sims all their life and learned to use the limited input available to be quick are faster than real drivers who are used to FEEL the real car to be quick.

4- I use too much steering input so I get huge mid corner understeer in FVA

5- I can't feel what diff settings do on the car

Anything else I missed?

If you don't feel what diff settings do then I strongly recommend you to play Mario Kart! LOL!:wink:

[SIZE=-1]Basic Concept[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The differential which appears in almost all road cars is known as an open differential. To reduce tire wear, the open diff permits the rear wheels to rotate at any speed with relation to each other. As the car goes around a corner, the inside wheel goes more slowly, and the outside wheel goes faster.[/SIZE]:pray:

"I use too much steering input so I get huge mid corner understeer in FVA"

this is what annoys me the most from this game:

with too much steering imput the car should skid off not understeer, it makes no sense

now if you tell me how to solve this with diff ill be eternally gratefull

"I use too much steering input so I get huge mid corner understeer in FVA"

this is what annoys me the most from this game:

with too much steering imput the car should skid off not understeer, it makes no sense

now if you tell me how to solve this with diff ill be eternally gratefull

Too much steering input will cause nothing but understeer. You make no sense. I don't even know what skid off means. You can't describe car balance by saying skid off. It means nothing. You do realise that the 5 points I've mentionned were referring to all the other non-sense you've said in this forum ?

If you are understeering your way through every corner of course you will not feel any of the diff settings. They are subtle balance changes that you'll feel when you are close to the edge of BOTH the front and rear tires.

diff in is for when you are either coasting or braking. the lower the number the more oversteer you'll get. Too low and you might get instability while lifting off mid-corner.

diff ex is for when you are applying power. the higher the number the more oversteer you'll get.

0 is certainly not open diff and 7 is certainly not locked diff. We are probably(I'm guessing) playing in the 45-70% locked range from 0 to 7 on diff ex. Diff in I couldn't guess...maybe lower. I may be totally wrong...

yes i only would have liked more wider range of dif

to my taste the most oversteery 07 is still understeery hugely

may be spin off if you use to much imput?

skid the back wheels with to much imput and not the front ones?

thats what i would have liked

edit:

and theres something that pieced me off extraordinarily

right when mugello and dif settings came out i tried the most open dif and on mid corner the car spinned off with too much input right as i like

that was one of the happier days of my life, i could race a virtual f1 as nervouse as i plz

then next day the dif were unnoticable like if something had been changed in the game

i dont even play now, understeer really gets on my nerves

shouldnt bee really difficult if you try hard enough get in the top 10 out of 200 and win a ferrari cap, that would have made it an interesting investement

but with such a huge forced underseeter this feels like mario cart

check this guy playing mario kart with a ps3 controller and he is far better than me :(

gotta hate understeer

and the thing is that this understeer thing seems to chase me

in f1 2010 however you set the car is gonna be understeery

in fva however you set the car its gonna be understeery

could you suggest me a new game which you can set the car to overstteer?

edit:

currently trying netkar pro demo, so far im happy with fva except for the understeer thing, may buy it if its solved there

This is starting to become an hilarious thread. Going to rate it with five stars :)

I must say I admire your stamina, you have been accusing and complaining for three weeks in a row now :thumb: I think you just love the game if you look into your little sim-heart.

Lux, can't you just accept that you suck at it? Can't you just except that you're not one of the best in the world? Can't you just accept that maybe its not the sims fault but your fault. The cars are understeering like that in real life due to the 2010 tyre change, ask michael schumacher, you just got to learn to drive it or just accept that you're just not good enough.

A bad workman always blames his tools.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back